Chelsea 2022-2023: America... fuck yeah?

ztejas

So, to recap this morning: lost to Saints at home, Azpi gets kicked in the face and stretchered off, and Christian Atsu (never played for Chelsea, but was part of the loan army for years) found dead in Turkey earthquake rubble.  Fuck, man.

Edited by TexArcher

Given how much this ref has let them "play"...getting this ugly isn't a surprise.  Ridiculous that a full speed shoulder check is ok, but a shoulder shove that slips off and hits the face is a "certain red card" according to these announcers.  I hope the second half is more in control...and that we can finally break through.

Also, wish that Thiago was 10 years younger...

1 minute ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Welp, I'm not hopeful that we'll go through with the lineup we are starting today.  

Referring to the back 3 or Reece being back or what? The rest of the lineup is our current 1st XI. 

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Referring to the back 3 or Reece being back or what? The rest of the lineup is our current 1st XI. 

And the midfield.  Cucu starting at LCB has always been a recipe for disaster.  But putting Enzo and Kova together doesn't make sense.  Either one needs someone along them who can offer more defensive cover.  

10 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

And the midfield.  Cucu starting at LCB has always been a recipe for disaster.  But putting Enzo and Kova together doesn't make sense.  Either one needs someone along them who can offer more defensive cover.  

I hear you. Pretty much every lineup we've played has been shit for months now, though. It's not like any of those guys don't have the ability to play at a high level.