Chelsea 2022-2023: America... fuck yeah?

ztejas

55 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

A lot of this sounds like the same generic shit that comes out about every manager that gets fired, so it's hard for me to put much stock in it. At the same time, The Athletic's reporting is usually pretty good, so Idk. 

I mean... you could see all of this on the pitch. What is there to not believe?

Finally started sending crosses in at the end of the game. Astonishingly enough, they had their best chances. 

Stretches for most of the second half where they were content passing the fucking ball around the 18 and never ever threatening with crosses. You see attackers trying to make runs the but assholes with the ball never looked at crossing the balls.

On one cross in the first half, it was beautifully played across the box. All Havertz needed to do was make a back post run. He just fucking stood there.

Ziyech with some WTF moments, especially that nice diagonal ball from Puli to the back post and the whiff on the cross at the end of the game.

This team steps on their own dicks all the fucking time.

I wasn't able to watch a whole lot. From what I saw they seemed to press the issue and play a bit more direct - but the formation does that somewhat by default. 

That goal we surrendered was terrible. Silva played it okay but got unlucky. Azpi got cooked. No help in the box. 

3 minutes ago, Doug E. Fresh said:

This team couldn’t score in a whorehouse. Been a problem for over a year now and no sign of improvement.

The team seems to lack heart and leadership but will see where we go from here.

Effort too. On the Salzburg goal, Chelsea had 4 back against 2 attackers. Silva with a WTF tackle. Cucurella basically stopped running once he got in the 18 and let the dude cross the ball right through where he would've been had he kept running.

If I were Potter, I'd show the last 15 mins where they were crossing the ball and threatening vs the whole 2nd half before it where they didn't do shit with the ball outside the 18. Then I would show them Havertz standing there in the 18 while a beautiful ball crosses right where he would've been had he made a run, like attackers are supposed to fucking do. And then I would show the whole fucking sequence leading to the goal to show that most Chelsea players were lollygagging. There's no effort.

VVTwTyR.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

Effort too. On the Salzburg goal, Chelsea had 4 back against 2 attackers. Silva with a WTF tackle. Cucurella basically stopped running once he got in the 18 and let the dude cross the ball right through where he would've been had he kept running.

If I were Potter, I'd show the last 15 mins where they were crossing the ball and threatening vs the whole 2nd half before it where they didn't do shit with the ball outside the 18. Then I would show them Havertz standing there in the 18 while a beautiful ball crosses right where he would've been had he made a run, like attackers are supposed to fucking do. And then I would show the whole fucking sequence leading to the goal to show that most Chelsea players were lollygagging. There's no effort.

VVTwTyR.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Yup, the team is lazy and has no heart. I love Thiago but he laid an egg on that one.

Anyone actually surprised with this hasn't paid attention to how a subset of managers work in the world of soccer.

Mourinho was the same way. Conte to an extent (but I think more with management).

Now this would've been a much more interesting story if it had dropped and Tuchel was still the manager.

Past that I do find it interesting an athlete in the prime of his career is dropping a book.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Who is this chick that I paid extra to hear talk during this match?

I'm on my first cocktail blasting Travis Scott with the game on low volume. 

I'm quickly becoming a big Gallagher fan. Kid has moxie.