Arsenal 2022-23: All Or Nothing

shadow_operative

God damn i cannot wait for this Amazon doc to come out. Also, i think that looking back we'll all probably agree that A)last year went better than any of us thought it would, especially after starting 0-0-3, and B)that it's probably for the best that we aren't in the CL. i know that's hard to say, but i don't think we are there yet as a team, and i think we may be better off letting our young team/new players cut their teeth in the Europa League before hopefully ascending to the CL the for following season. 

to do:

-sign Jesus

-sign Tielemans (or someone else in his role)

-sign Hickey

-integrate Saliba

-stay healthy 

if we do that, there's every reason to believe that we'll be back in Europe's top flight next year. 

9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

-stay healthy 

if we do that, there's every reason to believe that we'll be back in Europe's top flight next year. 

What team do you think this is?  One can dream.

Edited by idigTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Seriously. as great as KT can be. He’s an absolute waste.   Move on. 

if he had Nacho Montreal's injury record he would end up in the EPL XI for 5 of the next 10 years, if not more. such an immense talent, and so perfect for Arteta's system, but like so many other Arsenal talents, the guy simply cannot stay healthy.

btw, to this day i still feel the worst for Jack. unlike so many others, Jack didn't suffer repeated, non-contact, soft tissue injuries. he kept getting his legs and ankles broken by talentless cunts playing recklessly, mostly by guys who never should have played in the EPL to begin with. Jack seriously could have/should have been England's captain/most influential player over the last 8+ years. such a shame. all i can do now is keep telling myself that the law of averages says that we're going to be healthy as fuck one of these days. please god let it be this year. 

Seriously. as great as KT can be. He’s an absolute waste.   Move on. 

Tierney posted a while back that he’s trying to get back ahead of schedule. Maybe that’s the problem you dunce. Complete your doctor designed rehab and stop trying to train at 100% when your body is at 90%.

Player of the tourney @ the U21 Euros and coming off a solid season w/ Porto. Good pickup. Here’s hoping his Arsenal career takes a trajectory similar to another player with the surname Vieira.

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1

as of now, we could be looking at:

607A2B2A-AAB2-4858-B0D7-F0059351CB78.thumb.jpeg.6738b4dc5b1701f0bb45c39c02549cf7.jpeg

with a bench that includes ESR, Xhaka, Nketiah, Saliba, El Neny, Lokonga, Cedric, Balogun, and Nuno

plus, the following guys will all either be on our bench, or sold to free up funds for guys like Tielemans: Leno, Holding, Pepé, Bellerin, Mari, Guendouzi, Toreira, AMN, Nelson

our club is in so much better shape than it was before Arteta it's not even funny. 

Raphina's a nice player for sure, and more talent in the squad better than less, obv, but IMHO we need to get Gabriel Jesus done and then another high-level CM/DM or two.  We have to assume Partey is going to miss at least a third of the season until proven other wise, and we cannot go into the season without midfield reinforcement. Especially with Thursday-Sunday EL schedule.  Sambi will be a high-level player, but he's not ready now.  Now, if Kroenke is willing to pony up for all four? Yes please and thank you very much.

I'd also like to see us upgrade LB. Nuno is inconsistent and Tierney is only good for ~ 60% of the season.

On 6/22/2022 at 10:38 AM, Dutch said:

Raphina's a nice player for sure, and more talent in the squad better than less, obv, but IMHO we need to get Gabriel Jesus done and then another high-level CM/DM or two.  We have to assume Partey is going to miss at least a third of the season until proven other wise, and we cannot go into the season without midfield reinforcement. Especially with Thursday-Sunday EL schedule.  Sambi will be a high-level player, but he's not ready now.  Now, if Kroenke is willing to pony up for all four? Yes please and thank you very much.

I'd also like to see us upgrade LB. Nuno is inconsistent and Tierney is only good for ~ 60% of the season.

Lisandro Martínez would be the ideal signing, as he can play CB, LB, and even in front of the CB's. there are rumors that if we do sign Martínez then we could loan out Nuno to OM, which i think would great in all facets.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, dbecks said:

Is there a legit source saying it’s him under investigation?

the press releases certain bits of info (he's 29, EPL player, international star, set to play in the World Cup, lives in North London). the internet was able to narrow it down to five guys (including Xhaka), but they've been able to clear the other four. meanwhile Partey is not in Germany with the rest of the team, and has been silent on social media. all signs point to him. 

Yeah all signs point to him.  British 5-0 keeping a lid on the leaks; TMZ would have the player's ID had this been in the USA. 

If Partey (or any Arsenal player) did it, they should never represent the club again. 

3 hours ago, Dutch said:

Yeah all signs point to him.  British 5-0 keeping a lid on the leaks; TMZ would have the player's ID had this been in the USA. 

If Partey (or any Arsenal player) did it, they should never represent the club again. 

rape is such a violent thing, and Partey has always seemed like such a gentle guy. like if joey barton or mark noble turned out to be a rapist you'd go, "yeah that checks out." i know that people can be very good at hiding their dark side, but if you'd told me that an Arsenal player was a rapist and had me guess who it was, Thomas Partey might literally be the last guy i named. such a shock all around, but especially to find out that it's him who's (supposedly) been arrested. 

On 7/6/2022 at 9:59 AM, shadow_operative said:

i don't know how much you guys have been reading , but it sounds like Thomas Partey has been arrested for rape, and obviously will not be with the team any time soon. media is being cryptic (as they have to), but all signs point to Partey. 

He is with the team in the states now and will play in the friendlies 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1