Arsenal 2022-23: All Or Nothing

shadow_operative

29 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Back to back 100+m pound summer windows.  Agree. No excuses.  Top 4 or win Europa. 

This. Kroenke has opened the bank and Edu has picked his players. Really want a former captain to lead us back to glory, but if we fail to qualify for CL, I can’t see him back next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dutch said:

This. Kroenke has opened the bank and Edu has picked his players. Really want a former captain to lead us back to glory, but if we fail to qualify for CL, I can’t see him back next year.

With caveats, based on injuries and how things play out.  But if we absolutely choke the last three games again….

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

I started drinking three hours ago but: is there any way Santi ever comes back? Is he just too old?

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Too old, too injured.  But damn that guy was good in his prime.

Yup. Santi was world class at his peak, a truly sublime midfielder. One of the very few “late Wenger era” players who would have seen the pitch in the 1997-2005 sides. If we could invent a time machine and bring 2012-14 Santi into this side… we’d be scary good. 

Though if we’re bringing past players into today, 2002-5 Vieira and Henry would be my first two picks. 

• Like 1

Santi is my all time favorite. That’s when I started watching Arsenal.

All or Nothing is pretty entertaining. I love how shitty they make the away locker rooms. At Anfield I’m sure having that bench down the middle is intentional to separate the teammates.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

yeah, he's definitely gone up in my book after watching him on AON. he was already rising in my book with everything i've been reading about him over the years, eg how important a figure he is at the club, how the young lads look up to him, and how every manager he's had here has played him/started him, etc. getting to see more of his passion and leadership up close has definitely made me like him more. we lost our way when we lost all of the players who really played for the badge, as cheesy and trite as that sounds. Xhaka is grateful to be at Arsenal and has been quoted as saying he does not want to leave before winning the PL and the CL. i'm glad we've got him.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I’ve only been invested in Arsenal since the RVP days.   Last 5 years have been a legit joke.  But damn, based on the signings and young guys we have… this squad is extremely rootable.   Pumped for the rest of the season, for the first time I became an Arsenal fan.  

• Hook 'Em 3