Arsenal 2022-23: All Or Nothing

shadow_operative

Damn solid win. Leeds gave us all we wanted. Great keeping, outside of the handball solid defending, and a world class moment of brilliance from Saka. Top 4 clubs scrap out wins in matches like this. Well done, boys. 

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, dbecks said:

I might actually think “we’ll be back again in a few years” could be this year.

The key is staying healthy. We are pretty thin in quite a few spots. As long as we can comfortably handle teams we should comfortably handle and can give players rest when needed, we have a solid chance. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/17/2022 at 8:33 AM, CooterBrown said:

The key is staying healthy. We are pretty thin in quite a few spots. As long as we can comfortably handle teams we should comfortably handle and can give players rest when needed, we have a solid chance. 

100%.  It's all going to come down to injuries and whether we can rotate (of note, Jesus played 28 PL matches last year) the squad enough. Saka was on vapor last May, and he has played every match so far, with a World Cup looming, and that's not sustainable. He's going to burn out again unless we get him some rest, but we have no natural cover for him at RW.  Sambi is improving but right now is a massive downgrade from Partey (who is going to get hurt again).  We have decent cover at CB and FB: White is playing out of position at RB and can cover Saliba or Gabriel, Tomi can play either FB, and ZInchenko and Tierney at LB.  

A great result, and hopefully Saka isn't injured.  Getting all three today means a win v Zurich in the final group match (Zurich is currently winless with -11 GD) renders the result in Eindhoven moot, and we top the group (and vitally avoid a two-legged playoff into the knockout round).

On to Southampton.  COYG!

i am pissed with how poor we were in the 2H, and how we failed to put the game away, but god damn it the officiating today was criminal. having to watch that Texas game last night and then wake up to watch that horse shit this morning was fucking terrible. i would rant some more about the absolute idiocy of the officiating today, but i already did so in the wrong thread, so. yeah. pretty terrible sports weekend so far. does not portend well for Austin FC tonight. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

holy shit that kid is good. he's been lively during both matches, and he really earned that goal, especially after he got screwed a little while ago. damn. just have to tip my cap at that one. once he gets into the box you don't want to foul him, and he made us pay. let's see how we respond. 

edit: hoooooooly shit. wow. goal is taken back die to offside in the build up. wow. 

Edited by shadow_operative

Holy shit; hadn’t heard that. Reports are he’s not seriously injured  

“I know Edu has been in touch with his relatives,” the manager said of the club’s technical director. “He’s in hospital but seems to be OK. We’re having a briefing now, we’ll be in touch and hopefully he will be OK.”

An Arsenal statement subsequently read: “We have been in contact with Pablo’s agent who has told us he’s in hospital and is not seriously hurt. Our thoughts are with Pablo and the other victims of this dreadful incident.”

About two hours after the incident Monza’s president, Adriano Galliani, confirmed Marí would make a full recovery. “Pablo Marí is not in danger as his injuries are not life-threatening. We hope to see him back soon,” he said.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/oct/27/arsenal-pablo-mari-in-hospital-italy-supermarket-stabbed-monza