Arsenal 2022-23: All Or Nothing

shadow_operative

Although since Chelsea’s current transfer policy seems to be “find out whoever Arsenal is about to sign because they clearly know what they add doing and we clearly don’t then hijack the deal by paying 4x more,” we’ll see if this goes through. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Would also like to see us add a MF, especially since Elneny is potentially out again. 

100%.   This seems like a good add, a guy who can play wide and up top.   So we have Eddie, Martinelli and Trossard as options up top for the next ~10 weeks until Jesus is back.   Smith Rowe also adds depth on the wings or MF.   The thing that is lacking is someone to provide cover for Partey.

• Hook 'Em 1

i'm still convinced that we have an impactful MF signing coming this window. ever since the kroenke's bought out the other shareholders they've shown a real commitment to splashing the cash, and they can see that this is THE chance to end the EPL title drought. they spent like crazy to help the Rams win the super bowl, and i believe they will do the same this window to help us finish what we've started.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

i'm still convinced that we have an impactful MF signing coming this window. ever since the kroenke's bought out the other shareholders they've shown a real commitment to splashing the cash, and they can see that this is THE chance to end the EPL title drought. they spent like crazy to help the Rams win the super bowl, and i believe they will do the same this window to help us finish what we've started.

I want to believe. The Rams thing makes sense. That would be a unique accomplishment to get a NFL and PL title in two years.

17 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

1000% The league is absolutely there to be won. Adding an EPL-proven winger at his peak who can spell Saka and Martinelli, scores goals, and can in a pinch play up front is a great addition, as is CB cover.  Get a MF, and we're really barbecuing.

21 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I want to believe. The Rams thing makes sense. That would be a unique accomplishment to get a NFL and PL title in two years.

More than any time since the mid to late-2000s, I believe in this side.  We're playing with style, verve, and finally with some steel.  It's the hope that kills you, though. 

Massive match tomorrow; Arsenal - ManUre feels a proper fixture again.  Those late 90s and early 00s battles were epic; everyone knew there were only two clubs competing for the league, and those two matchups each year were where it would be settled.  

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 1