Arsenal 2022-23: All Or Nothing

shadow_operative

13 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

When we get Jesus back…

Will be great to have him back in there, and he changed the way we looked early on with a confident and attacking style, but the way Nketiah and our midfield is playing right now without him was too much to hope for when Jesus went down. Nketiah coming on STRONG.

What an ending. Ripped their hearts out. Looked like they had the momentum right before that attack, as well. Could’ve put one away in 89’ too.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 1/23/2023 at 1:25 PM, Dutch said:

Zinchenko... what an addition..

lol at that heat map. getting both Zini and Odegaard for £35m apiece is absolutely masterful business when people like Antony are going for £92m. in arteta and edu i trust. this new polish kid is probably the next tony adams. 

Don't blame him wanting to go find more playing time as he's clearly second to Zinchenko at the moment, but I have to admit... I would be sad to see him go.  But if he does go... let his last moment with The Arsenal consist of lifting the PL trophy.

And there are reports Elneny suffered a potentially season-ending injury at training last week; makes getting a MF before the window closes even more essential, as we have next to no cover for Xhaka and Partey.

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 1

Was hoping we'd see a rotated side.  The League is the priority, and Everton hiring Dyche (how many times did we say "motherfucking Burnley...." the past few years) made that match more difficult.  IIRC the FA Cup is the one trophy Pep hasn't won with City, so him selecting pretty much a 1st XI isn't too surprising.

That said...

Lets. Fucking. Go.

Edited by Dutch

Eh. We’ve won four of the last nine FA Cups. It’s a great thing to win, but I’d rather win the trophy we haven’t lifted since 2004. Less fixtures, and a B-side that rotated out six regulars played a nearly first XI even for most of the 1st 60 mins. Eddie had good chances. 

Dear God let Partey be OK. Even if he is, we need to get Caicedo in no matter the cost. Sambi looked lost out there; he needs a loan, and I wouldn’t want to have to rely on him in high-leverage matches. 

3 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Even if he got a paw on it, Haaland would’ve been right there to tap it in. 

Absolutely true. 

The curve on the roll looked almost bowling ball-esque. It curved around Turner, but Haaland was looming like a big cat  he had slowed his run to be ready to crush anything deflected ball. 

21 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Damn I didn’t realize we were four of nine. In know it was Wenger’s cup: I’d love for it to be Arteta’s cup too. I know the PL and CL are more important, but I love the FA.

Yup; Papa Wengz is the most successful manager in FA Cup history w/ seven wins.

Happy So Excited GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Yes. We’re woefully short in MF; Xhaka and Partey have no cover at the moment. The club has been very disciplined in walking away from exorbitant transfer prices, but they need to get this deal done. The League is there to be won: Chelsea and Liverpool won’t stay down, and Ten Hag is rapidly improving Utd. This is the best shot we’ve had at a League since 2008; It is money well spent if we win it. Plus, this kid’s only 21 and his skill set projects very similar to Partey.

Edited by Dutch

5 hours ago, Dutch said:

Yes. We’re woefully short in MF; Xhaka and Partey have no cover at the moment. The club has been very disciplined in walking away from exorbitant transfer prices, but they need to get this deal done. The League is there to be won: Chelsea and Liverpool won’t stay down, and Ten Hag is rapidly improving Utd. This is the best shot we’ve had at a League since 2008; It is money well spent if we win it. Plus, this kid’s only 21 and his skill set projects very similar to Partey.

I don't disagree, but I still think 2015-16 was there for the taking.  While Arsenal finished 10 points back of winners Leicester, they did end up in second, and a relatively low 81 points was enough to win it.  The league overall was down.  In the end, the Gunners had too many injuries, no meaningful depth, and blew too many matches against the bottom of the table.  At least they finished ahead of Tottenham.   

everyone is shitting their pants about this, calling it Willian 2.0. stahp. first off, Arteta and Edu get to miss on the next five transfers before we start doubting them. second, all things considered, jorginho should be a more than adequate backup at CM and should absolutely help us win the Prem. i don't give a shit if he's a £30M Kim Kallstrom, if we get that hardware then it was worth it. 

• Hook 'Em 1