Arsenal 2022-23: All Or Nothing

shadow_operative

and i have to admit that i have been all in on arteta from the very beginning, and that i engaged in a whole bunch of arguments with fans both here and on reddit defending him for years, and as usual, i was right. this is the opposite of a bumble brag. this is an i-told-you-so. not to you guys specifically, but just the arsenal fan base and footballing world in general.

i always said that there was zero point in judging arteta as long as he wasn't backed by the board and couldn't buy players to fit his system. i always insisted that this was a process, and that it was going to take a few years to flesh out. once the kroenke's bought out the other shareholders, they gave edu and arteta all if the financial backing they need, and voila- turns out that the coach who arsene wenger and pep guardiola mentored and swore by knew what he was doing after all.

how many arsenal fans can legitimately say that they were never "arteta out" for even one moment of their lives? not many. but i can. and so you can imagine how gratifying this season has been for a guy like me who never even considered blinking for one second with my support for arteta. i'm damn proud to be able to say that. 

i got cruuuuuuushed when i posted this thread to reddit:

every one of my comments got downvoted, people were so insulting and belligerent, and the amount of absolutely clueless people in there who swore i was some arteta cultist jackass is embarrassing. so many posts have since been deleted, lol. the entire thread was just people attacking me and arteta. now it's my victory lap. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

and i have to admit that i have been all in on arteta from the very beginning, and that i engaged in a whole bunch of arguments with fans both here and on reddit defending him for years, and as usual, i was right. this is the opposite of a bumble brag. this is an i-told-you-so. not to you guys specifically, but just the arsenal fan base and footballing world in general.

i always said that there was zero point in judging arteta as long as he wasn't backed by the board and couldn't buy players to fit his system. i always insisted that this was a process, and that it was going to take a few years to flesh out. once the kroenke's bought out the other shareholders, they gave edu and arteta all if the financial backing they need, and voila- turns out that the coach who arsene wenger and pep guardiola mentored and swore by knew what he was doing after all.

how many arsenal fans can legitimately say that they were never "arteta out" for even one moment of their lives? not many. but i can. and so you can imagine how gratifying this season has been for a guy like me who never even considered blinking for one second with my support for arteta. i'm damn proud to be able to say that. 

I’d expect something along the likes of “Y’all a buncha candyass motherfuckers. Never shoulda doubted. I didn’t. Suck it, assholes.” 

This is The Surl, after all. 🤘

• Haha 1

Rice would be a great addition, especially with the added demands of CL football. At 24, he also fits the age profile of the squad.

“…before a summer that is almost certain to see Declan Rice leave West Ham. The England midfielder is determined to compete at a higher level and is likely to join Arsenal.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/mar/11/david-moyes-still-has-credit-with-fans-but-west-ham-approach-is-outdated

• Drool 1

Silver linings and all. Not having an EL QF means we play S'ton on Fri Apr 21 instead of Sunday, so we have two days extra rest ahead of City. For comparison, City have Leicester on 4/16, Bayern on 4/18, and Brighton on 4/23.  We have two extra days rest.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Hopefully “several weeks” means the two week international break, the Leeds match, and he’s back for Liverpool on April 9. 

Wouldn’t be as big a deal of Tomi didn’t get hurt, as we’d just shift White to CB and slot Tomi in at RB. Now… I’d assume Rob Holding starts, and we need someone to hypnotize him and convince him it’s the 2017 FA Cup Final again. 

Dogshit EL match keeps on shitting; Tomi out for the season. Bennie Blanco gonna have to play 900 of the best minutes of his life, as we have no RB cover now.

Desperately need Saliba’s “few weeks” to only be through the Leeds match and he’s back for Liverpool on Apr 9. 

Edited by Dutch
  • Rage+1 1