Arsenal 2022-23: All Or Nothing

shadow_operative

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

We have GOT to get him some cover in Jan. 

...or maybe not? two goals and an assist for Nelson, what a return to the EPL for him. 

also fwiw, i'm pretty saka was injured when he was fouled and his left leg hit the ground sort of funny. his leg kinda jammed into the turf. hopefully it's not serious.

also, mark it five dude. odegaard makes it 5-0. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

...or maybe not? two goals and an assist for Nelson, what a return to the EPL for him. 

also fwiw, i'm pretty saka was injured when he was fouled and his left leg hit the ground sort of funny. his leg kinda jammed into the turf. hopefully it's not serious.

also, mark it five dude. odegaard makes it 5-0. 

Very nice performance from Nelson. Two well-taken goals and influential throughout. 

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yes, Forest (oddly to me) sat way deep and let us pass around and create chances, which most clubs won’t do, but it was nice to see us finish those chances. After four goals total in four matches, five today hopefully gets the lads back in the groove.

Zürich Thursday. Should get three with a rotated side but need to win. Then @ Chelsea and @ Wolves before the WC. Let’s close strong before the break.

Hopefully Saka isn’t seriously injured. 

4 hours ago, Dutch said:

Didn’t get to watch the 2nd half but saw Tomi subbed on then subbed back off; anyone know what happened?

soft tissue leg injury. not sure how severe it is, but he obviously looked upset, and is now a major doubt for the WC if it's anything worse than a dead leg quad. i felt terrible for him.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

They're the world class pros, but never understand giving the opponent a chance to recover like happened with that Ode chance.

He’s prone to that hesitation; needs to take more 1st-time or 1 touch then let it rip

Massive win today, boys. Much more dominant than a one-nil. Great to see Zinny back. Defense rock solid. Bossed midfield. LFG, YOU GUNNERS!

One nitpick: outside of Forest, we’ve only scored one in each of the past six; need to sharpen up in front of goal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

No post "shit the bed" posts?

(Edit: just realized this is the Carabundum Cup.  We can live without that hardware).

Yup. League Cup is a booby prize, and I doubt anyone will mourn the lack of extra fixtures.

Our season is about the League (securing top 4 first and foremost, and chasing the title as long as we can) and then secondly the EL. Hopefully, the strong start convinces Kroenke and Kroenke Jr to add in the January window. We cannot afford run out of gas in April again. 

One goal in now each the last seven outside of Forest. Really, really need to start scoring. 

Edited by Dutch