Arsenal 2022-23: All Or Nothing

shadow_operative

Fuck fuck fuck. 

Copium says we had a draw left. Win out and draw city and we’re champs  We recovered from the Jan wobble. Must do so again. 

Mind says we’ve shifted all momentum to the terminators at Etihad. They’re in tremendous form, we’re wobbling badly. They won’t drop any points. Including vs us on recent evidence.

If ever a draw was a loss, this is it. The bar saved a point for us on Antonio’s free header. Ødegaard and Saka badly out of form right now.

Edited by Dutch

16 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

This is fucking brutal. Gave away 2-0 leads two weeks in a row. 

Anfield…. Ok. Liverpool have an incredible home record, the core of that team are champions, and it’s Anfield. Today? To get bossed for the better part of 30’ after how we started was just bad. Bad. 

14 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

if i were a gunner i would be gutted right now

The hope really does kill you.

14 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Well, at least we don’t have to stress about winning the league any longer. City’s not dropping another point and we will probably drop another 6.

Sigh. 

25 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Well, at least we don’t have to stress about winning the league any longer. City’s not dropping another point and we will probably drop another 6.

I guess it could be worse.  Everton is only out of the relegation zone on goal differential.  But they aren't catching West Ham anyway.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Haha 1

1        Arsenal 31    43    74
2        Man City 30    50    70

OK, so let's assume City win their game in hand and the teams are 74-73.

Let's assume both teams win all their remaining games (yeah, I know, but we're talking about winning the league so . . )

It really boils down to the head to head game.  We win, we win.  We draw, we win.  We lose, we lose.

3 hours ago, Bullneck said:

1        Arsenal 31    43    74
2        Man City 30    50    70

OK, so let's assume City win their game in hand and the teams are 74-73.

Let's assume both teams win all their remaining games (yeah, I know, but we're talking about winning the league so . . )

It really boils down to the head to head game.  We win, we win.  We draw, we win.  We lose, we lose.

Still in our hand, yes, but today made it harder. A draw vs City means we could draw once elsewhere. We used that draw today, and I’d rather have “saved” that draw for Newcastle. Been telling myself there’s a till a lot of football left & City may still drop points. 

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

C232380B-426E-4DCD-B14F-EB2CC16D9C08.jpeg

Love that kid. 

Edited by Dutch

59 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

We need Haaland and KDB to get a really bad case of the shits for about 2 weeks.

Yeah . . .

Unfortunately if you asked on the day of that game which team I think will come out blazing and hitting on all cylinders and go up 3-0 at the half the imagination defaults to City, those two being on fire.  

I saw some betting website mid-last week saying City was like 60% favorite to win the league.  We have 0 momentum game to game.

Edited by Bullneck

Saliba likely out for City, targeting a return for “the final matches of the season.”

Russian Reaction GIF

That Holding held up vs Haaland for a half in the FA Cup match gives a bit of hope, but damn this sucks. I’m still not sure why we played anyone of value in that damn EL match.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-fc-injury-update-zinchenko-saliba-tomiyasu-latest-news-return-dates-b1074516.html

Edited by Dutch
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Yep.  This feels like 2-2 or 3-3 draw

They’re dangerous on the counter, and we are very shaky at the back. I’d like to think we hold them at 2, but….We might need 4 to win. 

Both their fullbacks are on yellows; need to keep Saka and Martinelli running at them.

Edited by Dutch

Fuck this hurts. Getting worked by the bottom club. At home. When we needed an performance. 

We all would have taken top 4 at the start of the season. Squad needs further strengthening this off-season. That’s plainly clear. Arteta needs to figure out how to end these April swoons and get the boys playing their best in the spring.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Welp. We lost the league last week but we have to admit it today.

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

That sound you just heard was hope killing you.

5 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Once the announcer said the 20th team has never beaten the #1 this deep in the season I knew were fucked.

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

I blame Tim Howard for confidently saying week after week that we would win the league.

We need a “sad” emoji. Too hard to horns up or like these, no matter how much I agree

Arsenal 'have to beat Man City' after another stumble in Premier League title race

By Emma Smith BBC Sport

At this point I'm fully expecting us to beat City and then lose to two or three games to mid-table teams and finish 2nd. 

19 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Yep.  This feels like 2-2 or 3-3 draw

I see you

I’d bet the club knows he’s done for the year but want to keep opponents guessing. At this point, I’d rather not risk him sustaining long-term damage. Dude is going to be World XI-caliber. Just get him ready for next season. 

Never should have risked him v Sporting. 

Edited by Dutch