Leon County: Escaped Inmate Kills Family

Harrison Bergeron

https://www.fox4news.com

CENTERVILLE, Texas - It's been three weeks since Gonzalo Lopez, 46, escaped from custody and the manhunt continues to find him, especially after bodies were found in a home near where he escaped. 

- two adults, three kids found dead

- dude stabbed bus driver during transport

Edited by Harrison Bergeron
  • Rage+1 1

This is the guy that escaped from custody twice, right? What a shitshow. Also the story about him escaping the bus is total BS:

The TDCJ says Lopez was being transported in a separate, caged area of the bus, designated for high-risk inmates, due to his criminal history and restrictive housing status. Lopez got out of his restraints, cut through the expanded metal, crawled out through the bottom of the cage, and attacked the driver.

Dude obviously had help getting free. Like he probably did the first time. Probably paid off the driver or cops or both. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This is the guy that escaped from custody twice, right? What a shitshow. Also the story about him escaping the bus is total BS:

Dude obviously had help getting free. Like he probably did the first time. Probably paid off the driver or cops or both. 

Probably wasn’t him, it was his cartel overlords.  The officers that killed him will now have to watch their families unfortunately.  

15 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Probably wasn’t him, it was his cartel overlords.  The officers that killed him will now have to watch their families unfortunately.  

He was Mexican Mafia, they’re allied with some cartels but I don’t think they had a part in this. If a cartel busted him out he wouldn’t have seemingly been roaming rural Texas for almost 3 weeks or needed to steal a car for transport. Whatever officers killed him will be fine either way. Cartels usually view that kind of killing as fair game in the US. If you snitch or betray, very different story. 

His escape story makes still no sense. He was able to do all that with an armed guard on board, and only after he stabs a driver & steals the bus does the guard “shoot out the tires”. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Helobious said:

If a cartel busted him out he wouldn’t have seemingly been roaming rural Texas for almost 3 weeks or needed to steal a car for transport. Whatever officers killed him will be fine either way. Cartels usually view that kind of killing as fair game in the US. If you snitch or betray, very different story. 

tumblr_pg1j14y66C1wcrw7bo4_r1_540.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Helobious said:

He was Mexican Mafia, they’re allied with some cartels but I don’t think they had a part in this. If a cartel busted him out he wouldn’t have seemingly been roaming rural Texas for almost 3 weeks or needed to steal a car for transport. Whatever officers killed him will be fine either way. Cartels usually view that kind of killing as fair game in the US. If you snitch or betray, very different story. 

His escape story makes still no sense. He was able to do all that with an armed guard on board, and only after he stabs a driver & steals the bus does the guard “shoot out the tires”. 

Yeah, he made it 250 miles in 3 weeks. If he’d had a bunch of help, I’d have to believe that he would have been long gone by now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ONE YARD said:

another cop fuck up?DB3C5FF7-5F06-49EA-8DE3-E184F88E3851.thumb.png.497014a959126e8730d09e677eda5d92.png

Wait. I can understand not releasing his whereabouts for fear he hears they are closing in and moves. That would mean they have to start the a brand new search. But If they knew specifically the ranch, then why the hell didn't they cordon off the area so that unknowing outsiders can't just easily enter the area, and keep him from escaping that ranch? Normally I would be skeptical of this ladies claims because the logical thing would be for cops to build a cordon but now knowing that cops are complete pussies and fuckups, I feel for her family. 

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

Wait. I can understand not releasing his whereabouts for fear he hears they are closing in and moves. That would mean they have to start the a brand new search. But If they knew specifically the ranch, then why the hell didn't they cordon off the area so that unknowing outsiders can't just easily enter the area, and keep him from escaping that ranch? Normally I would be skeptical of this ladies claims because the logical thing would be for cops to build a cordon but now knowing that cops are complete pussies and fuckups, I feel for her family. 

They do the bare minimum: we're supposed to call them heroes

They fuck up spectacularly: they aren't held accountable whatsoever

Then we wonder why cops are how they are

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Good.  That guy can burn in hell.

Agreed, but I was kinda hoping they'd catch him and send him to ADX Florence.  That's where they not only send the El Chapos of the world, but also folks who escape other prisons.  But then again, in TX he's getting the death penalty if he lives.

13 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Agreed, but I was kinda hoping they'd catch him and send him to ADX Florence.  That's where they not only send the El Chapos of the world, but also folks who escape other prisons.  But then again, in TX he's getting the death penalty if he lives.

I thought he already had been on death row