2022 US Open - Brookline

Wally Fairway

Jordan with one par through 7 holes at +2.
I'm not sure I understand the cut probability chart on the usopen.com leaderboard as Jordan is 56.6% probability of making the cut, ahhh not if he keeps playing like this. And I'm also watching James Piot (kid who played at MSU & is the US Am champion) he is even through 8 holes and has a 5.1% chance of making the cut. Algorithms how do they work, looks like rankings factor in more that actual score or current play. I'd still bet on Jordan (which means nothing if you read the stonk or market is falling threads)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Just a shitty poor short iron approach shot on #18 from the fairway by Spieth...

I've been in and out but saw two deplorable birdie efforts on 11 and 14 or whatever it was and a shitty par effort on 10 with the putter. I assume whatever demons have gotten inside his putter still haven't worked themselves out yet. 

Is Rory the best player in the world again?  After going into a 5 year hibernation? I mean- maybe Rahm is as talented as him?  Maybe? Maybe DJ if he was firing on all cylinders and his downturn isn't age related but indifference?  Maybe?  Anyone else approaching him in talent right now?  

He's (Rory) at an age before we got spoiled by all these young golfers that has always in the past been the best age for most players. It'd be fun to see him put it together and play his best for 5-8 years. 

17 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I've been in and out but saw two deplorable birdie efforts on 11 and 14 or whatever it was and a shitty par effort on 10 with the putter. I assume whatever demons have gotten inside his putter still haven't worked themselves out yet. 

Spieth played back 9 fine, was at +1 going into #18 and hit a horrible approach after a long wait -- just mental error (maybe loss of focus) after a good back 9.  Ended up with a dumb bogey where he should have been putting for birdie.

Jordan was under the weather today, but it just sucks how many times recently he screws up on his final hole of 1st/2nd Rds.  That bogey on #18 today felt like a big change in momentum going into tomorrow for Jordan -- hope he somehow puts it behind him and shoots a great Rd tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Spieth played back 9 fine, was at +1 going into #18 and hit a horrible approach after a long wait -- just mental error (maybe loss of focus) after a good back 9.  Ended up with a dumb bogey where he should have been putting for birdie.

Jordan was under the weather today, but it just sucks how many times recently he screws up on his final hole of 1st/2nd Rds.  That bogey on #18 today felt like a big change in momentum going into tomorrow for Jordan -- hope he somehow puts it behind him and shoots a great Rd tomorrow.

Yeah- I wasn't talking about overall play more how bad the putts looked on par save at 10 from 12 feet and birdie's inside 10 feet on the short par 3 and the par 5 (whatever holes those are- I think 11 and 14- maybe 11 & 15).  

36 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Is Rory the best player in the world again?  After going into a 5 year hibernation? I mean- maybe Rahm is as talented as him?  Maybe? Maybe DJ if he was firing on all cylinders and his downturn isn't age related but indifference?  Maybe?  Anyone else approaching him in talent right now?  

He's (Rory) at an age before we got spoiled by all these young golfers that has always in the past been the best age for most players. It'd be fun to see him put it together and play his best for 5-8 years. 

He, JT and Scheffler have been the best players on tour this year. Cam Smith has had a pretty nice year too. 

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He just tall enough to not be weirdly short. I saw him and Tiger play at the WGC a few years back and they're both very normal sized people. I think Rory's an honest 5'9" and doubt Tiger is above 6'0" at this point. 

Really?  All this time I was thinking Rory was like 6'1" if I had to guess.  Wow- I had no idea he was shorter than average.  Never seen him in person. 

15 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Really?  All this time I was thinking Rory was like 6'1" if I had to guess.  Wow- I had no idea he was shorter than average.  Never seen him in person. 

Haha no. Definitely hard to judge golfers on TV sometimes. I mean Vijay and Els got nicknames for being "big" and neither of them was over 6'3". 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

My pool picks:

Top 1-10: JT, Scheffler

11-20: Fitzpatrick, Finau

21+ : Lowry, Cam Young, Rose

May not be in too bad of shape.

Can't you pick anyone? You didn't pick Rory? 

I mean it's hard to pick 2 of those 3 I guess. Scottie has cooled off a bit though. 

Edited by ztejas

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Yes, but Rory can be so erratic, I wasn't ready to back him.

I suppose. He has 14 top 20s in his past 16 events. One 33rd and a MC at a course he had never played. And top 10 at both majors. 

You may have picked right. Leaderboard can shift in a hurry at the US.