2022 US Open - Brookline

Wally Fairway

8 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

I guess he reads Surly because I don’t do Twitter … or could two people in the universe have the same idea? 🤔

No - he definitely stole it from you. It was one of the most brilliant jokes I've ever heard.

Yours was better worded. 

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Especially when you own the fucking Golf Channel!

Right now while players are still on the course playing including the leader, Golf Channel is already doing a review of today's round along with some player interviews -- such bullshit !!!

47 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Moving from Peacock to  USA Network  to NBC  back to USA Network back to Peacock is some bullshit way to run 1st Rd US Open golf coverage...  

geez

Yeah. 13 hours of live coverage is a bitch. Would you prefer the Masters’ model of 4 hours of daily coverage?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Yeah. 13 hours of live coverage is a bitch. Would you prefer the Masters’ model of 4 hours of daily coverage?

This US Open TV jump around coverage is bullshit and costing them viewership numbers...

All 13 hrs can be on one App  (Peacock) and they can also show primetime stuff on NBC too for the boomers who don't know how to stream stuff...

Win/Win

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

This US Open TV jump around coverage is bullshit and costing them viewership numbers...

All 13 hrs can be on one App  (Peacock) and they can also show primetime stuff on NBC too for the boomers who don't know how to stream stuff...

Win/Win

And you know, that other channel they own…

the fucking golf channel. 

It’s obviously some fucking special contract ordeal, but it sure is a pain in the ass to keep track of. 

• Rage+1 1

If anyone wants a no name to root on, pick Dahmen. He is 100% surly.  I mean not literally but he is. When he won in Puerto Rico last year he called the bar at his home club in lewiston fucking idaho and said drinks are on me for everyone the rest of the night. Dude is good shit,  and his caddy is a great follow on Twitter. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, pops said:

If anyone wants a no name to root on, pick Dahmen. He is 100% surly.  I mean not literally but he is. When he won in Puerto Rico last year he called the bar at his home club in lewiston fucking idaho and said drinks are on me for everyone the rest of the night. Dude is good shit,  and his caddy is a great follow on Twitter. 

Is his caddy the one who posts photos of the bullet holes and blood stains in his motel rooms?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, pops said:

Dahmen and his family have battled cancer...

"Dahmen grew up in a small town in remote eastern Washington, just miles from the Idaho border. He was a talented young golfer, but tragedy struck once he hit high school. His junior year, his mother died of pancreatic cancer. Shortly thereafter, his brother was diagnosed with testicular cancer.

In 2011, Dahmen got a diagnosis of his own: he had testicular cancer, too. He underwent surgery and chemotherapy. He overcame the cancer, and gained perspective — though that hardly meant golf got easy. "

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

That's nuts. Makes you think there was something they were all exposed to. 

(At least - that's what the conspiracy theorist in me wonders) 

Paper mill right on the river between Clarkson (where he grew up)  and lewiston. But there isn't a huge cancer cluster there. Maybe just shitty genetics. Who knows. 

16 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

I guess he reads Surly because I don’t do Twitter … or could two people in the universe have the same idea? 🤔

Smylie Kaufman, following the Scheffler group, just called out the white pants as a bad move. I could see him as one of us.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

this guy Daffue will crater under the pressure.

Already lost 3 strokes on the early part of his back 9 today.  Great shot off the bleachers though... 😋 

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Already lost 3 strokes on the early part of his back 9 today.  Great shot off the bleachers for Daffue though... 😋

yep.  that was cool.  looked like he might actually pick up a stroke there on the par 5.  but he chunked that chip and lost a shot.

tee shot in the bunker.  he may drop another shot.  from -6 to -2 just like that.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Lol fairways are 10 on stimpmeter 

and dafue just putted from like 100 ft off the green

stats ?:  when you putt from off the green, does that count as a putt for stats?  

No. Only strokes on the green count as putts. 

• Hook 'Em 1