Greenville regional....and the winner is?

Bevo&Pevo

Call your shot who wins today?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Call your shot who wins today?

• Arrgh, watch y'er booty matey
    • prissy fightin' chicken....pass the wing sauce plz

44 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I barely know where Greenville even is. Someplace in the dark forests between Raleigh and Wilmington.

It's an alright little college town reasonably close to the Crystal Coast beaches. Good looking student body that loves to party. ECU and Texas State seem like good comps for each other.

Edited by texifornia

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

They'll also talk as though Coastal is some DIII program, even though unlike Aggy Coastal has actually won a national title.

Coastal has won more games in Omaha than aggy, even though they have only been a university for less than 30 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Coastal has won more games in Omaha than aggy, even though they have only been a university for less than 30 years.

Doesn't matter. Most of them (and to be fair a lot of college sports fans in general) only know brands not teams. Like that idiot A&M grad whose kid pitched for La Tech was giving us shit for losing to Texas State. Not because Texas State is a bad team, they aren't, but they aren't a big brand. Not shiny and sexy and gets people going whooop.

Edited by Valmy77

ECU's pitching stats are kind of funky because they do have several quality arms but most of them are in the bullpen.

Even their Friday guy (Mayhue) started the season in the bullpen this year. I need to look at this closer but I'm pretty sure they do this Johnny Wholestaff approach almost every game.  

Edited by Rickylovesweed

Mayhue went 5 innings against Virginia and in his 3 previous starts he went 3, 4, and 2.1 innings. Also, in both Coastal Carolina games they threw a bunch of arms with none going more than 5 innings. 

Our approach is for Hansen and Gordon to give us 7 or 8 innings. ECU looks like they just want to get 3 to 5 innings out of their starters and then go bullpen heavy. 

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

Left: 320 feet (98 m)

Center: 390 feet (119 m)

Right: 320 feet (98 m)

For reference, disch is 340, 400, 325. Some shit LaTech hit woulda been out.

It's no disch but the trees should be a decent batter's eye.

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

Left: 320 feet (98 m)

Center: 390 feet (119 m)

Right: 320 feet (98 m)

Oh my. What a cute little bandbox.

ETA: But it does look like 400 to dead center though.

Edited by wood

2 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I have looked everywhere on the Internet and nothing is posted yet.

I suspect ESPN will be the first place to post them since they are basically in control of the times.

• Hook 'Em 2