Pittsburgh Recs

Lived in the area from 98 to 03. Catch a Pirates game, it's a great stadium. Primanti Brothers for their famous sandwich. Grand Concourse and LeMont are higher end restaurants, with the latter having great views of the city.  Andy Warhol museum is cool. Lots of science and museum stuff with Heinz and Carnegie being from the area. It's been a while so a lot has changed, no doubt, but these are what I recall. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Fun City. Lot's of restaurants and bars in the Strip District. Quite a few breweries in Lawrenceville - The Church Brew Works is a pretty cool place.

The Mattress Factory is interesting with three different buildings all with different art. I never made it to the Andy Warhol Museum.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, elfenix said:

first time i went we drove into downtown on I376, which was one of the coolest first views of a city ever. 

Going through a tunnel in WV and then... BAM!  Steel City is right there, thought that was pretty cool. 

Glad I tried it but wasn’t overly impressed with Primanti Bros.  Did catch a Pirates game also, beautiful park. 

Edited by Underdog
  • Hook 'Em 1

Primanti Bros. wasn't my cup of tea.  Maybe if you get it without the slaw?  Cold salad on top of hot fries just means cold, mushy fries.

Burgatory is a chain that was reliable for me if I needed something good but not fancy.

Warhol museum was fun.  You won't get to see a Penguins game, and I haven't been for a Pirates game, but I'd imagine it's great.  Try to get up on the south side of the river at the top of the hill for an amazing view.

• Hook 'Em 2

I liked the Church Brew Works. If you're a lapsed Catholic like me, it's fun to drink beer inside an old Catholic church building.

PNC Park is awesome and walkable if you're staying downtown. Walk across the bridge. Last time I went in 2019 I think you could get a 2.50 tall boy at the bar across the street from the home plate entrance.

If you're on a generous expense account we rode up the Duquesne Incline and ate dinner at Altius.

If you're not on a generous expense account and/or a degenerate drunk, Carson St on the south side.

Pittsburgh is great. I have never failed to have a good time there.

Primanti Bros is way overrated. I would rather get another fish sandwich at Robert Wholey Market in the Strip District.

• Hook 'Em 1