Greenville Super Regional: Texas @ East Carolina

Horny Bull

Had the absolute worst BBQ of all time at B’s in Greenville. They chop their pork into fine bits and cover it in sauce and have these inedible cornbread sticks that make no sense. Locals love it. I’d take Dickey’s over it every single day.

• Haha 1

Just now, Henry Hill said:

Had the absolute worst BBQ of all time at B’s in Greenville. They chop their pork into fine bits and cover it in sauce and have these inedible cornbread sticks that make no sense. Locals love it. I’d take Dickey’s over it every single day.

Pulled pork is fine, and vinegar sauce is delicious, but Carolina cornbread is an abomination. Half of the locals seem to fucking hate it, too.

here is a couple more items they can make worth a shit.  Pinto beans.  Be careful of ordering a hotdog, most likely it will come with sauerkraut unless you tell 'em different.  Don't look for tacos at Dairy Queen, they'll look at you like a cow looks at a new gate.  Remember to ask when ordering a hamburger on what comes with it.  Some places don't put the veggies on unless you ask.  Fuck a bunch of boiled peanuts.  That is some nasty shit.

Time to rape and pillage Greenville.  Take no quarter and stick to the code.  Take all you can and leave nothing for the rest.

TEXAS!

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

here is a couple more items they can make worth a shit.  Pinto beans.  Be careful of ordering a hotdog, most likely it will come with sauerkraut unless you tell 'em different.  Don't look for tacos at Dairy Queen, they'll look at you like a cow looks at a new gate.  Remember to ask when ordering a hamburger on what comes with it.  Some places don't put the veggies on unless you ask.  Fuck a bunch of boiled peanuts.  That is some nasty shit.

Time to rape and pillage Greenville.  Take no quarter and stick to the code.  Take all you can and leave nothing for the rest.

TEXAS!

FIGHT!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

TEXAS!

Whenever I use to travel for work, I couldn’t wait to get back to Texas for Texas food. People can royally screw up beyond belief what they call TexMex and BBQ outside of Texas. It’s a crime and they should be punished. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Aint nothin wrong with a hotdog with sauerkraut on it.

He probably meant slaw. I ordered a bbq sandwich in Tennessee once and they asked if I wanted Cole slaw. I said yes thinking I'd get a side of slaw. Those fuckers put it on the sandwich. Guess they figured they'd fuck the bbq up even worse. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

He probably meant slaw. I ordered a bbq sandwich in Tennessee once and they asked if I wanted Cole slaw. I said yes thinking I'd get a side of slaw. Those fuckers put it on the sandwich. Guess they figured they'd fuck the bbq up even worse. 

Hits close to home.   RIP Whataburger 

• Rage+1 2

Another confirmation on the weird food in Carolina.  I met a girl in East Bugtussle, five foot four, wearing a bustle.  I winked, "Do you speaka my language?"  She just smiled and made me a Vegemite sandwich. 

Edited by clapclapclap
It was terrible
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

They did say they would go on sale if available.

Edit: Nevermind way over priced there. Everywhere seems to be asking for over $400 for bad seats. What is this? Yankees v Red Sox?

Yeah, I knew ECU alums were stoked about finally hosting a Super but this is out of hand.

32 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Should have bought when they were $150 on Sunday. Yikes.

Screen-Shot-2022-06-08-at-10-50-23-AM.pn

Doing a little research it seems like ECU's donors don't have their tickets yet, so maybe once they get them, the supply on 3rd party sellers will go up and the prices will fall.  The good news is that kids 2 and under get in free, so if I could just find one reasonably priced ticket, I can just carry my son around.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

TEXAS!

jimmy-butler-yeah-right.gif

Who the fuck orders tacos at Dairy Queen, regardless of location?

Edited by Tylerocks
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Ok cool, hook em!

Too is a weird word. In my mind it means excessive. Like being too much of an asshole about the usage of to, too, and two.

But that it also means 'also' is weird because that is a completely different meaning. And both meanings are commonly used as well as 'to' and 'two'.

Come on, English have a little mercy.

Edited by Valmy77

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

2.82 ERA, 67 Innings, 66 Ks and 15 walks. Started 11 games but only went longer than 4 innings three times. Pitched 9 innings of no-hit ball back on May 6th but since the game went 13 innings he didn't even get the win. 

Doesn’t matter who they throw out there. Texas is beating that ass. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

If anyone sees those two little shits this weekend, be sure and kick them in the 'nads.

Sexual Assault GIF

Best to just tell them that you had sex with their mom last night like a civilized person.

good come back george costanza GIF

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Too is a weird word. In my mind it means excessive. Like being too much of an asshole about the usage of to, too, and two.

But that it also means 'also' is weird because that is a completely different meaning. And both meanings are commonly used as well as 'to' and 'two'.

Come on, English have a little mercy.

I can count to two too.

2 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Best to just tell them that you had sex with their mom last night like a civilized person.

good come back george costanza GIF

It's East Cackalacky. Better mention the sister and cousins as well just to be safe. No certainty as to which one will raise the jealousy and anger.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

2.82 ERA, 67 Innings, 66 Ks and 15 walks. Started 11 games but only went longer than 4 innings three times. Pitched 9 innings of no-hit ball back on May 6th but since the game went 13 innings he didn't even get the win. 

Yep. They are trying to steal Friday and most likely have their 8-0 guy Spivey go against Lucas on Saturday, instead of head to head against Sweet Pete.

Just got done looking at all of CJs stats also....over 4 innings was really like 4 2/3, 5, and the 9 innings against Memphis where he struck out 9. Half of his wins were from starting, getting a lead in the bottom of the first or second inning and then being pulled after 2 1/3 or 3 innings.  

Let's jump all over his shit....🤘

th-69533648.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BERT said:

Is this a code for sex?

Not per se, unless "sword" is really something other than an actual sword. Draw your own conclusion from Wikipedia's definition: 

"Swashbuckler" is a compound of 'swash' (archaic: to swagger with a drawn sword) and 'buckler' (a small shield gripped in the fist) dating from the 16th century."