Greenville Super Regional: Texas @ East Carolina

Horny Bull

When I turned this game on, we were up 2-0 and then we immediately started imploding.  Turned it off when we were down 6-2, because my bad luck was obviously the culprit and didn't watch any more.  You're welcome.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SomeoneYouKnow2 said:

God, could you imagine these fucking announcers if the teams had been switched? The needle barely moves for this guy when Texas does anything positive

Seriously, great fucking game and the announcers sounded sad as hell on Campbell's game winner. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chase25 said:

I’m a fan and I can hardly take this shit, I don’t see how these players parents do it

I was just thinking about my heart rate during dc’s ab and thinking about trying to hit a baseball like that. Or pitch, or do anything baseball related other than maybe catch a lazy fly ball. 

6 minutes ago, chase25 said:

I’m a fan and I can hardly take this shit, I don’t see how these players parents do it

Yeah along similar lines, coaching youth baseball gives me gray hairs, and it doesn't mean shit. Just imagine what it must be like when your livelihood is riding on it.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Who were the announcers, so I know who to avoid?

I had the sound on, but I tune it out...and don't listen to anything they're saying.

Gregg Olson and some other dude.

For a former major leaguer he sure didn't do a great job following the game and saying anything important about it. One example: missing the fact we pulled Stehly for Daly until Daly actually came to bat. I mean I noticed that immediately when it happened in the top of the inning. I know I know this team much better than he does but how do you miss a big defensive substitution like that?

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

It would kind of appear that tomorrow is going to be a complete pitching shitshow on #bothsides.

Amirite?

Stehle hasn't thrown. Southard can go again. So can LBJ. Olivarez didn't throw that many pitches today. Stevens probably can go an inning at least. 

I think we're in better shape. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I had the game on since the start.  Wow, man the emotional swings with the ball play momentum was crazy.  I kinda felt like the maybe the camera crew was "coaching" up the fans for the horns down sign.  It seemed like each time they cut to the crowd that was the predominant thing I noticed (esp. with the younger fans). Anyhoo, we won fair and square and fuck those assholes.  See ya'll tmrw.  We need all hands on deck.

TEXAS!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Putting Daly in is still the right decision. I think you hit O’Dowd now though 

Maybe in a tight pitching game with lots of groundballs and a stud closer. A huge majority of hits were into the outfield today, so I don't think it was the right move with only a one run lead and a very inconsistent pitcher.