Greenville Super Regional: Texas @ East Carolina

Horny Bull

Like taking a big, stupid dog into a 5 star restaurant. It has no idea how it is supposed to behave. The best is the "I can't wait until Nick Savior and Bammer kick the Longhorn football teams' asses. That'll teach 'em something about how they made our baseball tema look stupid. That is really sub-aggie logic,which is really hard to do. 

Most of the teams that club faced during the year were lower tier.  They got by for a game on pure fan jet fuel, but eventually the difference in the level of competition got them.  It’s ok to be a club like ECU and not make it out of your own super regional.  Not really any shame in that. 

Edited by ClubWhatever

59 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Those were just about the shittiest announcers I’ve ever heard last night. 

I am embarrassed for them.  What absolute biased amateurs.

Not sure which was my favorite, them calling for "obstruction" because our runner was trying to avoid a tag and the 3B airmailed his throw, or the multiple times last night where they said "They've kept Melendez in check all game" despite the fact that he hit a 3 run bomb in the 1st. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Not sure which was my favorite, them calling for "obstruction" because our runner was trying to avoid a tag and the 3B airmailed his throw, or the multiple times last night where they said "They've kept Melendez in check all game" despite the fact that he hit a 3 run bomb in the 1st. 

yeah, in reality Melendez beat them all by himself.  of course announcers that can't remember the current score aren't going to remember a 3 run bomb in the first after a 5 hour rain delay.

2 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Wondering if those boys are still crying this morning....

You got an early life lesson young men...

Mess with the bull, you get the HORNS !!!  #hornsgoup 🤘🤘🤣

Horrible fucking parenting if you want to raise a good sports fan; don’t mind the horns down  at all, but don’t count your fucking chickens against the big boys.

Confucius say, he who talk shit too early end up with dick in dirt later…

Edited by Ignatius

2 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

My favorite was when they confidently said "if you are wondering why that HR didn't end the game it is because ECU is the away team in game two" after their homer to TIE the game in the top of the 9th. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

7 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I mean, you ran into the most successful program in history, with a veteran roster of guys who almost made the championship series last year, including the best hitter in the country.  I don't think we need to invoke Zeus or Thor to figure out why y'all lost.

The problem is that you were so convinced you were gonna win.  But we're the arrogant Longhorns, right?  I love irony.  Now piss off.

I believe it was Kierkegaard who wrote "living on a prayer", later immortalized by Bon Jovi.

3 hours ago, dcar00 said:

yeah, in reality Melendez beat them all by himself.  of course announcers that can't remember the current score aren't going to remember a 3 run bomb in the first after a 5 hour rain delay.

Yep.  Melendez, with his HR in the first, scoring 3 runs, actually means the game was over after the first inning (3-1)….so, why did we spend another 9 hrs there, when we could have flown home, had a great meal, and been in bed by 10:00?,

2 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Horrible fucking parenting if you want to raise a good sports fan; don’t mind the horns down  at all, but don’t count your fucking chickens against the big boys.

Confucius say, he who talk shit too early end up with dick in dirt later…

Did Confucius really say that?

aggy talking about anyone being entitled is the most ridiculous thing ever. A school that has barely accomplished anything athletically, yet thinks they are some sort of blue blood and should be respected as such...fucking idiots.

• Hook 'Em 1

Should be used to the hate, the one thing that did bother me was their fans thought every pitch they threw should have been a strike. Ricky Vaughn level "just a bit outside" and they'd chirp at blue. Not even in the same zip code as homeplate and they were booing.  Anyways, fuck em, onto the next round of haters. 

2 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Should be used to the hate, the one thing that did bother me was their fans thought every pitch they threw should have been a strike. Ricky Vaughn level "just a bit outside" and they'd chirp at blue. Not even in the same zip code as homeplate and they were booing.  Anyways, fuck em, onto the next round of haters. 

Well in their defense, about half of them got called strikes.

• Rage+1 2

56 minutes ago, Dewey said:

They did not strike me as particularly knowledgeable fans.

You know fuck the haters a bit.

Were ECUs fans a lot of rabble, often overly emotional about calls and in many instances just a drunken mob at a baseball game….yea sure.

BUT BUT I would much rather see that type of environment than the mausoleums that I saw out in Palo Alto and Corvallis.

Baseball is dying a slow death as a sport that captures the imagination of this country so regardless of their intentions, their overall baseball IQ etc it’s good to see some fun and passion going on in a fanbase that doesn’t have some big conference or a long history of high level success to boast about.

So fuck those wine and cheese Pac 12 bitches and party on Pirates.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Baseball is dying a slow death as a sport that captures the imagination of this country so regardless of their intentions, their overall baseball IQ etc it’s good to see some fun and passion going on in a fanbase that doesn’t have some big conference or a long history of high level success to boast about.

I think sports in general are kind of doing this. There is a lot of things to entertain and demand your attention these days. 

Though I was pleasantly surprised how many boys at my son's 5th grade graduation listed their dream job as a major league baseball player. So at least some kids still love the game.

I didn't think the Corvallis crowd was bad at all, they packed that place. They just looked cold in their coats and fleeces.

But to your main point yeah I was impressed by the ECU crowd showing up both during the first two games but especially with that huge rain delay in Game 3 down 4-0 and a large number stayed until the final out at like 2 AM eastern time. Again I suspect ESPN did them a disservice by focusing the camera on the trashiest douchebags. Have some class and just show hot women ESPN. 

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

From what could tell those pickings are pretty slim in Greenville….

After all that hype this board did about the supposed smoke show of that part of the South, instead all we got was homeless methheads and a parade of douches. Definitely disappointing.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I think sports in general are kind of doing this. There is a lot of things to entertain and demand your attention these days. 

Though I was pleasantly surprised how many boys at my son's 5th grade graduation listed their dream job as a major league baseball player. So at least some kids still love the game.

I didn't think the Corvallis crowd was bad at all, they packed that place. They just looked cold in their coats and fleeces.

But to your main point yeah I was impressed by the ECU crowd showing up both during the first two games but especially with that huge rain delay in Game 3 down 4-0 and a large number stayed until the final out at like 2 AM eastern time. Again I suspect ESPN did them a disservice by focusing the camera on the trashiest douchebags. Have some class and just show hot women ESPN. 

Agree all around. Palo Alto is pretty much always like that, it's already hard for private schools and them and Duke are never really able to get the local area excited like Vanderbilt (just for baseball) and USC can. Probably because they're pretty physically and emotionally walled-off from their cities.

On 6/13/2022 at 12:18 PM, NorthLoop said:

And I learned the home team when losing or tied still has to play in the bottom of the 9th 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

well shit, what else is there to do in Greenville on a Monday night?