Best insoles for running/walking shoes?

I should've asked this before our trip where I was walking 10 miles a day. What's the best insoles for running or walking shoes? I wear Asics but have had some issues with plantar fasciitis before. I have some ones from my podiatrist for my everyday shoes. I'd like some for when I wear running or walking shoes but don't want to go back to him for them. I mostly need good cushioning for stability as I overpronate when I walk. My Asics help with that but I find the cushioning is just not enough. I bought some Dr. Scholl's from Target where you cut them down to fit your feet. They worked okay but weren't enough. 

Where should I look for some better ones? A running store like Run on?

Cadence EX. That model is in store only so you have to get them at InStep. I had severe plantar fasciitis and it cleared up in a month after getting those insoles.

I recommend going to InStep so they can measure your arch location. I had to go a full size down for the insole due to a high arch. I had been buying my shoe size and that was putting the support in the wrong location.

• Hook 'Em 1

Look at some of the Superfeet insoles. They have some specifically for PF foot pain relief.

I don’t have PF but do have very high arches and use their Superfeet green insoles in my hiking shoes and work boots.

• Like 1

I second the podiatrist idea.   I found out, at age 51, that I have fairly high arches.   The doc gave me some Sole Vantage inserts and they make a huge difference.  They are easy to change from shoe to show as I rotate amongst 2-3 pairs.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 year later...

For enhanced comfort and support during running or walking, particularly if you're dealing with plantar fasciitis and overpronation, I recommend considering Skechers pickleball shoes. These are designed to provide excellent cushioning and arch support, which can aid in relieving discomfort and enhancing stability.

Given your specific needs and previous issues, Skechers Arch Fit insoles could be a suitable choice to augment your Asics running or walking shoes. While a specialized running store like Run On could be a good place to find quality insoles, you might also want to explore other reputable retailers that offer a wide range of orthotic options, ensuring you find the best fit for your unique requirements.

On 6/7/2022 at 4:45 PM, mdmost said:

I should've asked this before our trip where I was walking 10 miles a day. What's the best insoles for running or walking shoes? I wear Asics but have had some issues with plantar fasciitis before. I have some ones from my podiatrist for my everyday shoes. I'd like some for when I wear running or walking shoes but don't want to go back to him for them. I mostly need good cushioning for stability as I overpronate when I walk. My Asics help with that but I find the cushioning is just not enough. I bought some Dr. Scholl's from Target where you cut them down to fit your feet. They worked okay but weren't enough. 

Where should I look for some better ones? A running store like Run on?

Hoka Bondi8s

Not insoles, but they are the cushiest shoes on the market...  so good