I currently have an iPhone SE2020 (yeah, I'm cheap) but looking to upgrade, possibly even going Android (google pixle or whatever it's called). I just don't want to spend over a grand on an iPhone. Fuck Apple. Well, not quite fuck them, but if the underdog has a good alternative I'll go for that. 

58 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

I currently have an iPhone SE2020 (yeah, I'm cheap) but looking to upgrade, possibly even going Android (google pixle or whatever it's called). I just don't want to spend over a grand on an iPhone. Fuck Apple. Well, not quite fuck them, but if the underdog has a good alternative I'll go for that. 

What's the problem with the SE?  That's what I have and I love it.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Asithappens said:

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/topic/654-android-thread/#comment-17303

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/topic/4770-apple-iphone-thread/

Check the above threads.

Pixel's had a borked update which screwed up the camera and made everything laggy as shit. It should have been resolved by now.

If you are imbedded in the Apple system, then stay with Apple. I say this and I dislike Apple. 

How much are you looking to spend?

Edited by crash_davis

17 hours ago, Okie State said:

One of the 'a' model Pixels. 6a is coming out soon. 5a is a solid phone too from what I read, but is no frills and already a year old. I have the 4a.

The 5a is basically the same under the hood as the 5, but it (5a) is larger, has a larger battery, and possibly more water resistance IIRC.  I have a 5, and my wife has a 5a.  Both are rock solid.

I haven't experienced any screwed up camera or lag.

Edited by dcbc

• 1 month later...

things that annoy me about my iphone: notifications system, app drawer clutter, imessage's spam handling and lack of archive function, swipeupfrombottomswipeupfrombottomswipeupfrombottom UI design, face unlock isn't quite as reliable as non-screen fingerprint sensors, uses a different charging cable than literally everything else i take on vacation

things that annoy me about my pixel: takes forgodamnever to charge, curved screen edges, in screen fingerprint sensor isn't as reliable as the old back of phone sensor (and doesn't support gestures), it's too damn big.