Black Adam

txfan75

Kinda surprised The Rock went for an unknown DC character vs holding out for a Marvel role. Who was the character in the cocoon that the gold people were talking about at the end of GotG 2? I thought his name was Adam and that’s what this movie was going to be.

14 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Kinda surprised The Rock went for an unknown DC character vs holding out for a Marvel role. Who was the character in the cocoon that the gold people were talking about at the end of GotG 2? I thought his name was Adam and that’s what this movie was going to be.

Unknown?

I don't have much faith in DC films these days. But I do have faith that the Rock will make any moving entertaining. It'll be interesting to see how they end this. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

saw it yesterday with the fam.  most opinions were 'it was ok, not as good as Marvel' .  The extent of my Black Adam/Shazam knowledge is from the '80s cartoon

5fc5c7da2c46a2d47c9fa286fa83728e.jpg

so really did not know much going in.  I like the Marvel movies because of all the inside connections and we know the chars from all the movies over the years.  you obviously don't get that with DC (at least from themovies). 

anyway, not great, not bad.  very typical action flick.

This was okay. Seemed much lower budget than I would’ve expected from a DC movie but I guess they didn’t have a lot of confidence in a minor character. I liked the concept of the “hero” not being black or white.

Cyclone and Blaster are lame AF. Man, Hawkeye was my favorite from the Justice League Saturday morning cartoon but he sure doesn’t translate to live action.

On 10/31/2022 at 8:15 PM, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Saw it imax with the kids.  They had the volume cranked to 11 the whole time and it was nonstop explosions anyway.  I fell asleep 3 times.  Being an old, those might be related.  My body just checked out from sensory overload.  

Maverick at IMAX was an absolute ass beating. My old ass was sore for days from the sonic bludgeoning. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I cant believe this thing got filmed without all the actors laughing their ass off the entire time.

I watched it 3/4ths drunk and even that didnt help make this any better....

what a steaming pile of dogshit. 

it was like the whole script was written by a drunken 14 year old fanboy

Currently, no. If Gunn and Safran have their shit together and reboot the DCU with a vision like Feige did/has with Marvel, it could be good. It will have to be a wait and see, we probably won't have that answer for several years.

Saw something that superman reboot has him as a young reporter (hence why they dropped cavill). Sounded like they were making a movie version of smallville.