Insurrectionist's assassination attempt foiled outside Supreme Court justice's home. Democrat Party's violent rhetoric meta thread

clapclapclap

3 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Hello CR, it's time we have a talk.

https://apnews.com/article/us-supreme-court-brett-kavanaugh-district-of-columbia-maryland-government-and-politics-179d18e7f933b3decbaddb542ceb0b29

...Nicholas John Roske, 26, of Simi Valley, California, was charged with the attempted murder of a Supreme Court justice. During a court hearing, he consented to remain in federal custody for now.

Roske was dressed in black when he arrived by taxi just after 1 a.m. outside Kavanaugh’s home in a Washington suburb. He had a Glock 17 pistol, ammunition, a knife, zip ties, pepper spray, duct tape and other items that he told police he would use to break into Kavanaugh’s house and kill him, according to a criminal complaint and an affidavit filed in federal court in Maryland. Roske said he purchased the gun to kill Kavanaugh and that he also would kill himself, the affidavit said.

Roske told police he was upset by a leaked draft opinion suggesting the Supreme Court is about to overrule Roe v. Wade, the landmark abortion case. He also said he was upset over the school massacre in Uvalde, Texas, and believed Kavanaugh would vote to loosen gun control laws, the affidavit said...

...When he got out of the taxi, Roske was spotted by two U.S. Marshals who are part of round-the-clock security provided to the justices following the leak of the draft opinion last month. But Roske was only apprehended after he called 911 in Montgomery County, Maryland, and said he was having suicidal thoughts and planned to kill Kavanaugh, having found the justice’s address online. Roske was still on the phone when Montgomery County police arrived on the scene, according to the affidavit.

At his initial appearance in federal court in Greenbelt, Maryland, Roske paused several times before responding to routine inquiries from U.S. Magistrate Judge Timothy J. Sullivan during the 10-minute hearing.

Asked if he understood what was happening and whether he was thinking clearly, Roske paused, then said, “I think I have a reasonable understanding, but I wouldn’t say I’m thinking clearly.”

Roske said he is taking medication, but did not say what it is or why he is on it. He also said he is a college graduate....

Smells like a political activist who is going to try the "I must be crazy so you can't send me to jail" defense.

...Earlier Wednesday, Attorney General Merrick Garland told reporters, “This kind of behavior is obviously behavior we will not tolerate. Threats of violence and actual violence against the justices of course strike at the heart of our democracy and we will do everything we can to prevent them and to hold people who do them accountable....”

Protesting outside of a judge's home is specifically banned by Federal law.  But Garland refused to enforce it.

https://www.findlaw.com/legalblogs/courtside/is-it-legal-to-protest-outside-supreme-court-justices-homes/

The "Picketing or Parading" law states that anyone "with the intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer in the discharge of his duty," cannot picket near a judge's residence. A conviction on this charge could come with up to a year in prison, a fine, or both.

The distinction is important: This law doesn't speak to gatherings of people who protest a court's decision but focuses instead on gatherings that seek to influence a decision. And in this case, with a leaked draft that is not yet final, the appearance of attempted influence is clear.

There is also precedent. In the 1965 U.S. Supreme Court case Cox v. Louisiana, justices concluded that picketing outside courtrooms and judges' homes with the intent to influence decisions "infringes a substantial state interest in protecting the judicial process." The majority opinion insisted that "mob law is the very antithesis of due process."

When will Dem leaders stop their irresponsible rhetoric that condones or even encourages political violence and blackmail?  

It's almost like the media and Democrats (but I repeat myself) have a double standard...

FLqryXjWQAQwZhJ?format=png&name=small

Of course left wing groups have double down on the news, a new illegal protest in front of his house is supposed to take place tonight.  Concurrently, another group thinks it's a good time to encourage angry unhinged types to swarm an elementary school:

For Rip Van Winkle and any recently rescued castaways, this is not a new phenomenon:

sir, this is a wendy's.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

53 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Jim Carrey Yes GIF

I’m almost 100% positive that most of the non gqp on this board always respond with “well if they’re guilty lock them up” and “who gives a shit?” at every “gotcha” thread from the usual chucklefucks

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Exactly.

Majestic self own is majestic.

How so? The gotcha threads are non-events on most occasions.  
Crazy person shoots people? Ok, we need more gun control and crazy people shouldn’t have access to guns. 

The gqp response is ma rights and ma guns with no regard for the casualties when it’s a right wing nut. It’s straight to “radical left is coming for your guns” talk.

• Hook 'Em 5

January 6th was a dark and sobering day. No sane person saw those events and reveled in the ability to dunk on a political opponent.

If a conservative politician were to be killed — even one of the most odious ones — that would be a dark day, not one for dunking on political opponents.

Rising violence is bad and made worse by easy access to guns; the nihilism that permeates the OP poses a different sort of risk, but it’s still bad. If your news sources are turning your brain to mush so that every event becomes another chance to dunk on the other side, fix your news sources and fix your brain.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I'd be ok if any number of US Supreme Court justices died, tbh. I'll send their families some thoughts and prayers before I piss on their graves.

Ok, ok, I'm mostly joking. But dissolve the Supreme Court. It sucks ass. Take away their lifetime gravy train, fuck 'em.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Attempted murder = non-event.  Noted

More like, maybe thought about murder/suicide and then turned self in and confessed without doing anything. Omg, the horror. This is about non event as an event can be. It isn't clear from what was released that this person could even be convicted of anything. 

Edited by Dahobbs

6 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61735321.amp

US man charged with attempted murder of Justice Brett Kavanaugh

They charged him. But, again, it isn't clear from what happened that he could actually be convicted of anything despite his confession. Literally nothing happened. He probably made enough concrete steps toward his crime to get a conviction for something, but I don't think it is a slam dunk.  Nothing happened. He turned himself in for thinking about murder and suicide. That isn't really a crime, but it is definitely a basis to commit him to a mental health facility. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Like 1

Well he called himself in after he saw the US Marshalls watching him.  He may have decided that he had little chance of now getting away with it, so decided to minimize the lockup by stopping and faking an insanity defense.  He spent time in Seattle, would not be surprised if we eventually learn he had some assistance/advice on planning.  Antifa is usually good on gaming the legal system.  I wonder if Kamala's group will try to bail him out at some point...
But even if he never planned to actually assassinate and this was a 'horsehead in the bed' type of intimidation, you good with that type of thuggery and mob tactic undermining of the justice system?  Very insurrectiony, yet no CR leftist so far has condemned it.  
Speaking of mob (and totalitarian) tactics, this is from RuthSentUs, the group that posted Kavenaugh's home address on twitter and encouraged the home protests.  Hours after the assassination attempt (somewhat) hit the news, they decide to double down with a "We know where your children go to school" not so veiled threat:

In case they later delete or again temporarily restrict their account, here's a screenshot:
FUwy3xeWIAgdY_M?format=jpg&name=large
"We are committed to non-violence (but it sure would be a shame if something happened to your children)"
Pure evil, but so far CR left is just makes excuses rather than condemning this type of thuggery.
Oh, and since surely the red herring of, "You're just a Jan. 6er" is about to be tossed out, I posted on that thread in support of Trump's impeachment for his lack of timely response that day.  (I had previously opposed the 2 pre-Jan 6 sham impeachment charades.)   Political violence is not cool, no matter what side it comes from. 

Without a single exception, anyone who uses the term “ Democrat Party” is a fucking cunt. Welcome to the club.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Surly Leftists 

Hillary Clinton Idk GIF

People actually stormed the capital and actually killed a police officer. You say no big deal. Someone actually used a gun to kill 19 kids. You say price of freedom. Someone on their own calls the cops, gets himself arrested, and then confesses to thinking about killing someone else and himself. You say end of the fucking world and condemn all liberals. All of that is totally rational. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

People actually stormed the capital and actually killed a police officer. You say no big deal. Someone actually used a gun to kill 19 kids. You say price of freedom. Someone on their own calls the cops, gets himself arrested, and then confesses to thinking about killing someone else and himself. You say end of the fucking world and condemn all liberals. All of that is totally rational. 

Classic Surly Leftist.  Just make shit up out of whole cloth.

• Fuck You 14

4 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Hello CR, it's time we have a talk.

https://apnews.com/article/us-supreme-court-brett-kavanaugh-district-of-columbia-maryland-government-and-politics-179d18e7f933b3decbaddb542ceb0b29

...Nicholas John Roske, 26, of Simi Valley, California, was charged with the attempted murder of a Supreme Court justice. During a court hearing, he consented to remain in federal custody for now.

Roske was dressed in black when he arrived by taxi just after 1 a.m. outside Kavanaugh’s home in a Washington suburb. He had a Glock 17 pistol, ammunition, a knife, zip ties, pepper spray, duct tape and other items that he told police he would use to break into Kavanaugh’s house and kill him, according to a criminal complaint and an affidavit filed in federal court in Maryland. Roske said he purchased the gun to kill Kavanaugh and that he also would kill himself, the affidavit said.

Roske told police he was upset by a leaked draft opinion suggesting the Supreme Court is about to overrule Roe v. Wade, the landmark abortion case. He also said he was upset over the school massacre in Uvalde, Texas, and believed Kavanaugh would vote to loosen gun control laws, the affidavit said...

...When he got out of the taxi, Roske was spotted by two U.S. Marshals who are part of round-the-clock security provided to the justices following the leak of the draft opinion last month. But Roske was only apprehended after he called 911 in Montgomery County, Maryland, and said he was having suicidal thoughts and planned to kill Kavanaugh, having found the justice’s address online. Roske was still on the phone when Montgomery County police arrived on the scene, according to the affidavit.

At his initial appearance in federal court in Greenbelt, Maryland, Roske paused several times before responding to routine inquiries from U.S. Magistrate Judge Timothy J. Sullivan during the 10-minute hearing.

Asked if he understood what was happening and whether he was thinking clearly, Roske paused, then said, “I think I have a reasonable understanding, but I wouldn’t say I’m thinking clearly.”

Roske said he is taking medication, but did not say what it is or why he is on it. He also said he is a college graduate....

Smells like a political activist who is going to try the "I must be crazy so you can't send me to jail" defense.

...Earlier Wednesday, Attorney General Merrick Garland told reporters, “This kind of behavior is obviously behavior we will not tolerate. Threats of violence and actual violence against the justices of course strike at the heart of our democracy and we will do everything we can to prevent them and to hold people who do them accountable....”

Protesting outside of a judge's home is specifically banned by Federal law.  But Garland refused to enforce it.

https://www.findlaw.com/legalblogs/courtside/is-it-legal-to-protest-outside-supreme-court-justices-homes/

The "Picketing or Parading" law states that anyone "with the intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer in the discharge of his duty," cannot picket near a judge's residence. A conviction on this charge could come with up to a year in prison, a fine, or both.

The distinction is important: This law doesn't speak to gatherings of people who protest a court's decision but focuses instead on gatherings that seek to influence a decision. And in this case, with a leaked draft that is not yet final, the appearance of attempted influence is clear.

There is also precedent. In the 1965 U.S. Supreme Court case Cox v. Louisiana, justices concluded that picketing outside courtrooms and judges' homes with the intent to influence decisions "infringes a substantial state interest in protecting the judicial process." The majority opinion insisted that "mob law is the very antithesis of due process."

When will Dem leaders stop their irresponsible rhetoric that condones or even encourages political violence and blackmail?  

It's almost like the media and Democrats (but I repeat myself) have a double standard...

FLqryXjWQAQwZhJ?format=png&name=small

Of course left wing groups have double down on the news, a new illegal protest in front of his house is supposed to take place tonight.  Concurrently, another group thinks it's a good time to encourage angry unhinged types to swarm an elementary school:

For Rip Van Winkle and any recently rescued castaways, this is not a new phenomenon:

Are you on medication?

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Are you on medication?

clapclapclap is shorthand for a triple case of gonorrhea and this post is just one of the side affects: bloody discharge from a vagina. 

This thread just needs a good round of antibiotics.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

clapclapclap is shorthand for a triple case of gonorrhea and this post is just one of the side affects: bloody discharge from a vagina. 

This thread just needs a good round of antibiotics.

I was thinking more like seroquel

11 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

His portrayal of mine or literally anyone else on Surly’s statements or opinions.

Did you read the OP?

Guy was trying to suicide by cop, then chickened out. While I don't condone violence I do understand how some rational people arrive at conclusions with which I disagree, and I also understand how people are not 100% rational 100% of the time. I don't think stories like these are all that surprising, and we may see more of this. Even in relatively calm political waters, you can have incidents like what we saw with Gabriele Giffords.

Anyway, it's far more news-worthy that a guy had Mitch McConnell on his hitlist and instead of turning himself in he broke into a judge's house, ziptied him, and executed him.

I'll ask again. Did you get this upset about that judge in Wisconsin?

Or -

The militia assholes who plotted to kidnap Governor Whitman.

The crazy Trumper with a van full of bombs.

Kyle Rittenhouse’s video with a machine gun and threatening Biden.

Or, ya know, January 6th.
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

But the statistical facts are that your child is far more likely to die in a car wreck on the way to school than in a school shooting.

the fact that this has become a republican talking point reminds me of just how divisive democrats can be. 

the fact that this has become a republican talking point reminds me of just how divisive democrats can be. 

And it’s no longer accurate as in 2021, the leading cause of death in children is now gun violence bypassing car accidents, soooo…..
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

No, no, you see, having violent thoughts/ambitions and calling the cops on yourself without ever stepping foot near Kavanaugh or his property is attempted murder. Right?

Well,  yeah...

But breaking into a secured building with hundreds of other people and threatening murder is just a protest