January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

Does justice prevail? is the American experiment going to continue or are we in the death throes? Getcha popcorn ready. This will, of course, be aired live on just about every major network save the brave 'Muricans at Fox News. If you don't have tv/cable, you can tune in here:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, you're going to have to change this thread title at some point. Dominance just isn't going to be appropriate. 

Should be changed to a Fart in the Wind.

I'm pretty sure the thread title will need to be changed to "thread of fascist compromise and capitulation" eventually but for the time being I guess it works. 

I'm hoping to get some hard, documentary evidence to put the lie to the GQP narrative. More shit like audio of mccarthy saying they can't cover it up and then a week after trying to cover it up, shit like the congressional tours to sensitive areas with the insurrectionists the days prior to Jan 6, all that kind of stuff.

Lord knows they've been saying they've been working hard, I'd like to see the fruits of their labors before I get too excited. 

Edited by Captainant

46 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I'm pretty sure the thread title will need to be changed to "thread of fascist compromise and capitulation" eventually but for the time being I guess it works. 

I'm hoping to get some hard, documentary evidence to put the lie to the GQP narrative. More shit like audio of mccarthy saying they can't cover it up and then a week after trying to cover it up, shit like the congressional tours to sensitive areas with the insurrectionists the days prior to Jan 6, all that kind of stuff.

Lord knows they've been saying they've been working hard, I'd like to see the fruits of their labors before I get too excited. 

I wouldnt get too excited, its just theatre.  Half the country wouldnt care if Trump testified and went straight up " a few good men" admitting to it all. And even if he did, the dems and garland are incompetent pussies who wouldnt know what to do as a result. 

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

I wouldnt get too excited, its just theatre.  Half the country wouldnt care if Trump testified and went straight up " a few good men" admitting to it all. And even if he did, the dems and garland are incompetent pussies who wouldnt know what to do as a result. 

htmaybe-maybe-not.giftps://c.tenor.com/0o4Vzd71Hz4AAAAd/maybe-maybe-not.gif

Let me just respond in the voice of BrisketTexan. 

Tonight does not matter. No matter how compelling the evidence, the morons of this country will simply look to Tucker for their opinion. We are doomed. There are simply too many of them.  

I'm not linking to it because fuck that site, but trump is out on his Twitter ripoff saying “January 6th was not simply a protest, it represented the greatest movement in the history of our Country to Make America Great Again," 

Going to be interesting to see if the hearing references trump's own admissions of guilt in the public forum

7 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Not going to waste my time. Will instead watch a 90 second montage when this is all over set to the tune of yakety sax

I may turn the tv on and wander off elsewhere.  My fear is that no attention is a green light to commence breaking more laws for the right.  They're going to do it anyway but we should at least pretend we want to know about it.  I can't watch it because the whole thing makes me sick and I've already watched McCarthy gaslight that Jan 6th didn't have anything to do with inflation and gas prices.  Thanks Kevin, thanks for identifying current problems and doing nothing in congress to help.

24 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I'm not linking to it because fuck that site, but trump is out on his Twitter ripoff saying “January 6th was not simply a protest, it represented the greatest movement in the history of our Country to Make America Great Again," 

Going to be interesting to see if the hearing references trump's own admissions of guilt in the public forum

And none of this will be considered evidence apparently.  Trumps calls to election officials and governers to interfere, his continuing calls to his minions to interfere on January 5th, his call to a foreign country, Russia, to interfere to the prior election.  Still need that smoking gun.  Shit, the payoffs to whores leading up the election meant nothing, the lies after, the quid pro quo with Ukraine, just goes on.   He said he could shoot somebody and instead sacked the nations capital.   

I'm definitely watching it because it's important, even if it's a redux of what we all watched that day those Qanon/Proud Boy magat traitors ransacked our nation's Capitol with their realtor bimbos behind them, even though the piece of shit Republican voters will dismiss it as "the Democrat Party playin politics over nuthin but a hill of beans" and the dimwit bothsiders will convince themselves how this is just theater and them politicians? well, ya know, they're all the same ain't nuthin gonna change, especially because the radical leftists like AOC have hijacked the Democrat Party and there's just no place for smart centrists like meeeeeeeeee.

This country is so fucked. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

And none of this will be considered evidence apparently.  Trumps calls to election officials and governers to interfere, his continuing calls to his minions to interfere on January 5th, his call to a foreign country, Russia, to interfere to the prior election.  Still need that smoking gun.  Shit, the payoffs to whores leading up the election meant nothing, the lies after, the quid pro quo with Ukraine, just goes on.   He said he could shoot somebody and instead sacked the nations capital.   

DOJ could absolutely do something.

I would love to hear Merrick Garland explain why elected Republicans who had a role in this are not being prosecuted.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

If I was running this thing, I'd have Morgan Freeman narrating quick-cut recaps of the most inflammatory shit from every day of the hearings, and be running that shit as ads on Hannity, Tucker Carlson and everywhere else over the next few weeks.  Make that shit feel like JFK so that people (especially the conspiracy freaks of the GQP) can't help but watch the next day.  This thing only works if you can convince some of non-voters and GQP voters to vote for the Dems in '22 and '24.  Unfortunately, I suspect that this is just going to be too dry for the folks who aren't already infuriated by Jan. 6.

Welp, I texted my mom and told her to turn off Fox News. I told her to watch the hearing and try to open her mind because when I texted her during the insurrection, she complained about vandalism committed during the mostly peaceful protests over the murder of George Floyd. I’m not encouraged, but...

Shit, I can’t even go on.