January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Welp, I texted my mom and told her to turn off Fox News. I told her to watch the hearing and try to open her mind because when I texted her during the insurrection, she complained about vandalism committed during the mostly peaceful protests over the murder of George Floyd. I’m not encouraged, but...

Shit, I can’t even go on. 

SMH at the idea that Jan 6th shouldn’t be discussed unless we first go after people that destroyed property during the George Floyd protests. I  agree that cities should go after vandals and criminals but that is more of a local or state issue not federal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I want someone to goad Trump into testifying.  I want the Colonel Jessup moment.  

Trump:  You're god damned right I ordered the insurrection.  

I actually think he is dumb enough to be goaded into it.   Vegas could put odds on him testifying.  I would bet against him testifying, but if he did, that would be so much sweeter than money.  So win win for me.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I want someone to goad Trump into testifying.  I want the Colonel Jessup moment.  

I actually think he is dumb enough to be goaded into it.   Vegas could put odds on him testifying.  I would bet against him testifying, but if he did, that would be so much sweeter than money.  So win win for me.

Trump has already openly stated that he wanted to “overturn the election.” He knew he lost but wanted to stay in power anyway. Because that’s who he is. 

I admit, I was concerned that this would be too made-for-TV to resonate.  Now, I think it's not enough inverted-pyramid top-down summary in hearing #1.  Cheney is taking to long to preview the subsequent hearings.  People are going to tune out.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I admit, I was concerned that this would be too made-for-TV to resonate.  Now, I think it's not enough inverted-pyramid top-down summary in hearing #1.  Cheney is taking to long to preview the subsequent hearings.  People are going to tune out.

If people only watch one session this may be it.  This is like the opening argument by counsel on what they will prove in the trial.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Which is why he'll never take the stand.  His handlers would never allow it--they wouldn't allow him to answer a take home test and neutered anything incriminating.  Everybody knows he's dumb as a brick and unhinged to match, which is why the he's like us crowd elected him.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Can I just say how fucking refreshing it is to have a hearing not taken over by a pack of fucking hyenas? It's incredible

Speaking of hyenas, where are our resident hyenas?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

This is the pilot episode of the hottest and most depressing show of the summer! Why else do you think they went with the episodic format?  It will keep the subject in the public discourse and the drip drip drip of HOT NEW EXCLUSIVE footage will keep media eyes on it.

It's some actually decent strategery from the good guys for once

2 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

If people only watch one session this may be it.  This is like the opening argument by counsel on what they will prove in the trial.

Exactly, which is why I wish it was less talk and more video.  I'm flipping my original position, because this seems too dry for the average American to stick around.