January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

And with bad inflation and $5+ gallons of gas the democrats are going to get routed in November and probably during the next presidential election.  And we'll be back to trumpism except this time with the knowledge no consequences will come for anything. The corruption will magnify and the decline will accelerate. A decade ago I was confident the country could remain relatively comfortable for the American population for the next 30 years. Now I'm not sure how bad 10 years from now looks like. 

They'll elect Republicans and the economy will implode, gas won't go down, unemployment will increase, people will lose their homes, more civil/voting rights revoked, and the nation will continue burning/flooding, except with more civil war.  

This Is Fine GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

I can accept Trump was capable of acting out his part in all this, and I know where Eastman fits in, but I just don't see Trump being bright enough to put this plan together.  Bannon?  Flynn?    I mean we can go way back on this, because he's been using the same tactics for years.  Discrediting the media and even before 2016 he stated more than once how the only way he could lose an election would be because it was rigged.   

In his earlier life I would have figured Roy Cohn was the evil behind the throne, but I hope they know who it is now and will fully expose them.   

it was a group effort, or say, a party effort.  

• Hook 'Em 1

"Donald Trump and his allies and supporters area a clear and present danger to American democracy."

Damn.  I don't care how measured Luttig is in his speech, he just hit the bullseye.  This is important stuff, maybe historically so.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

And with bad inflation and $5+ gallons of gas the democrats are going to get routed in November and probably during the next presidential election.  And we'll be back to trumpism except this time with the knowledge no consequences will come for anything. The corruption will magnify and the decline will accelerate. A decade ago I was confident the country could remain relatively comfortable for the American population for the next 30 years. Now I'm not sure how bad 10 years from now looks like. 

It drives me insane that morons are going to vote based on the price of gas, which Biden has no control over. Or inflation, which would've happened maybe to a slightly smaller degree if we'd had an economist from the future as president over the past 18 months. The DNC should be putting out ads explaining how basic shit works and what the POTUS can control. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You don’t speak at all, Luttig. Just fucking speak. You don’t have to speak in a monotone and insert long pauses arbitrarily into every sentence. I can’t even hear you. I can’t help but tune you out. 

"Donald Trump and his allies and supporters area a clear and present danger to American democracy."

That is what he said.

One of the more memorable lines: “,I know you. I trust you, but you’re not behind the wheel of that car…the VP was determined not to have the world see the VPOTUS flee the Capitol.”

Edited by Satchel

CBS now hitting on Ginni Thomas talking with Eastman--she's ready to talk to the committee.  Haha, they have not only her emails to Atman but also to Meadows.  This is getting hella intense.  The only thing she brings to the table is confirmation for her husband's vote.

Edited by Mdhorn

25 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Judge Luttig might speak slowly, but he is a goddamn patriot

Michael Keaton

Then all of us not in the GQP cult are patriots. Believing in and following the rule of law is not exceptional and we should not put capes on people like Luttig, Jacob, Barr, or Pence (all Republicans btw, and it's the Republicans who brought this shit upon us) when all they've really done is not followed Eastman and Trump into the fascism abyss.

Edited by Gourmand
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Satchel said:

One of the more memorable lines: “,I know you. I trust you, but you’re not behind the wheel of that car…the VP was determined not to have the world see the VPOTUS flee the Capitol.”

And, I think there's something more insidious there in that Pence believed that he would be "kidnapped" for an indefinite period in order to suspend the electoral count.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Michael Keaton

Then all of us not in the GQP cult are patriots. Believing in and following the rule of law is not exceptional and we should not put capes on people like Luttig, Jacob, Barr, or Pence (all Republicans btw, and it's the Republicans who brought this shit upon us) when all they've really done is not followed Eastman and Trump into the fascism abyss.

Add Liz to that list. She's no hero but she does have teeth, which Dems severely lack, and she's got a hold of Trumps ass currently.  Problem will be when she goes back to biting Dems at some point.    

24 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

It drives me insane that morons are going to vote based on the price of gas, which Biden has no control over. Or inflation, which would've happened maybe to a slightly smaller degree if we'd had an economist from the future as president over the past 18 months. The DNC should be putting out ads explaining how basic shit works and what the POTUS can control. 

if you're explaining you're losing.  karl rove may be evil, but he was also right. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Michael Keaton

Then all of us not in the GQP cult are patriots. Believing in and following the rule of law is not exceptional and we should we put capes on people like Luttig, Jacob, Barr, or Pence (all Republicans btw, and it's the Republicans who brought this shit upon us) when all they've really done is not followed Eastman and Trump into the fascism abyss.

thanks for the amazing contribution there. really put things into perspective for all of us 🙄

had you watched the hearing you would know it was said at least once that part of the problem was ALL THE FUCKING PEOPLE THAT DID FOLLOW EASTMAN AND TRUMP INTO THE ABYSS!!!! You may say people like Luttig or Jacob are insignificant but what I am hearing is that they are some of the few people that didn't fail the democracy test. Sorry, but that's significant. dismiss it if you want, but the committee isn't

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

DOJ wants the papers from the hearing now!  Is this a call to action?  Anything at all?

That's an untimely tweet, I believe.  That was reported several weeks ago, and the Committee declined, which seemed inexplicable, but may be to blunt any allegation that they were serving a law enforcement purpose.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Yep, Pence was in save his own ass mode at that point.  He didn't trust Trump, the Secret Service or the rioters. There was no safe way for him to leave the building because of that.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Add Liz to that list. She's no hero but she does have teeth, which Dems severely lack, and she's got a hold of Trumps ass currently.  Problem will be when she goes back to biting Dems at some point.    

Lol. She won't hold public office again after this, so she won't be biting anyone, except maybe Trumpists and other GQP. 

13 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Michael Keaton

Then all of us not in the GQP cult are patriots. Believing in and following the rule of law is not exceptional and we should we put capes on people like Luttig, Jacob, Barr, or Pence (all Republicans btw, and it's the Republicans who brought this shit upon us) when all they've really done is not followed Eastman and Trump into the fascism abyss.

This.  I mean, it sucks that we have to even have this committee at all because of the Trumpist bullshit, but as it relates to all of these folks (many of whom were enablers up through election day) testifying against the obvious evil here.....

Chris Rock GIFs | Tenor

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

thanks for the amazing contribution there. really put things into perspective for all of us 🙄

had you watched the hearing you would know it was said at least once that part of the problem was ALL THE FUCKING PEOPLE THAT DID FOLLOW EASTMAN AND TRUMP INTO THE ABYSS!!!! You may say people like Luttig or Jacob are insignificant but what I am hearing is that they are some of the few people that didn't fail the democracy test. Sorry, but that's significant. dismiss it if you want, but the committee isn't

I didn't say they are insignificant, I said they should not be treated as special heroes FOR DOING THE RIGHT THING.

JFC. It ain't that hard to not be a fascist. 

ETA: I watched the entire hearing today, the committee is doing great work. 

Edited by Gourmand
  • Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lol. She won't hold public office again after this, so she won't be biting anyone, except maybe Trumpists and other GQP. 

I think she is aiming for a presidential run in the future and has a very good chance of being the first woman president. 

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I didn't say they are insignificant, I said they should not be treated as special heroes FOR DOING THE RIGHT THING.

JFC. It ain't that hard to not be a fascist. 

ETA: I watched the entire hearing today, the committee is doing great work. 

Indeed it is.  They are laying out a very methodical case.  Trial lawyers at the DOJ are going to have four hour erections.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I think she is aiming for a presidential run in the future and has a very good chance of being the first woman president. 

I hadn't thought about that but I could maybe see it.  After his 2016 convention speech I thought Cruz was aiming to be the R candidate for after the Trump fever breaks but he couldn't resist becoming a toady.

I listened to a little this morning on npr and the biggest takeaway I have is that he's a fat fuck loser, maybe the loserest loser whose ever lost. What a pathetic piece of human garbage. I assume the surly right wing cabal is in their safe spaces thinking of Hunter Biden's schlong and Hilary's emails. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The other delicious thing is that if Trump is indicted, one of the best ways to defend himself (if he wasn't himself) would be to take the stand and explain.

But then we'd probably get our Col. Jessup moment, except stupider.  But you can't "settle" a criminal trial when Teh Donald sticks his dick in it.

• Haha 1