January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

33 minutes ago, Satchel said:

The scale and scope of Barr’s mendacity was on display for all to see when he misrepresented the findings of the Mueller Report. It became clear at this point what a truly awful person he really is.

And he’s so fucking smug about it too. That water bottle gif alone should get him punched by everyone in America. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Did I watch a different testimony? Thought it was pretty clear he wasn’t leaving because he knew images of the VPOTUS fleeing would be broadcast around the world forever and be his legacy. He had plenty of time to think about that in the days leading up to this.

Or that’s how they frame it now.

2020 was almost Game of Thrones come to life. when Cersei just ripped up Robert Baratheon's letter and said, nope, my son Joffrey is the new king.  fuck your letter, Ned.  bend the knee or die.

if Pence had followed Trump's request, they would have just taken the presidency by force.  and killed Schumer, Pelosi, whoever else challenged it.  fucking hell.

27 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

doubt there is a better approach to getting this critical information to the people from Congress. 

Well, if you could somehow combine it with an episode of Real Housewives or the Kardashians, that might be effective.  Or monster trucks. 

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

2020 was almost Game of Thrones come to life. when Cersei just ripped up Robert Baratheon's letter and said, nope, my son Joffrey is the new king.  fuck your letter, Ned.  bend the knee or die.

if Pence had followed Trump's request, they would have just taken the presidency by force.  and killed Schumer, Pelosi, whoever else challenged it.  fucking hell.

I do wonder what would have happened. Cersi had the king's military behind her. These idiots didn't. I tend to think Biden still takes over but it probably sparks a sort of civil war with right wing domestic terrorism becoming more emboldened than it did. 

Pence knew what was coming because Grassley fucked up and spilled the beans the day before. 

I don’t think he feared for his life. Even if some SS guys were all in on trump there’s no way they could have taken out Pence without having a civil war within the organization. They didn’t need to kill him, they just needed him off the Capitol grounds so Grassley could take over and execute the plan. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

Watching a re-run of today’s session.  Told my wife I needed a drink for this.  Thought about making a game of it and taking a drink every time someone said “Trump pressured Pence.”   Just ten minutes in, and I quickly realized that I would die. 

6 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Unfortunately, "Illegal" in that context doesn't necessarily mean in violation of criminal laws.  It's akin to "It's illegal to breach a contract" or "discrimination on the basis of race or sex is illegal."

A better word would probably be unlawful.

The importance, to me, of this evidence is that it demonstrates how committed Trump was to the notion of disrupting the electoral count by any means necessary, to include sending the 1/6 crowd to obstruct the count and sow chaos.

You have all this background, his comments at the rally, and the failure to rein back the rioters.  He absolutely intended that the count be obstructed and I think the evidence precludes reasonable doubt.

And you wonder why everyone fucking hates lawyers.  The shit he did was crooked as hell.  Light his ass up.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

you probably don't think jada pinkett smith has alopecia either.

???? there is no source for the stroke claim that I am aware of, just a bunch of twitterers scolding others for mocking a stroke victim.

8 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

someone needs to warn this guy that the crypt keeper is sitting behind him

image (32).png

I think that's his wife maybe?  She looks like a republican wife.

3 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Did I watch a different testimony? Thought it was pretty clear he wasn’t leaving because he knew images of the VPOTUS fleeing would be broadcast around the world forever and be his legacy. He had plenty of time to think about that in the days leading up to this.

Or that’s how they frame it now.

That's what I remember.  That him actually leaving the capitol grounds was a game changer.  I thought more they were intending to use the car to shelter in place, not leave.  But he was fearful of the leaving.  

5 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

spacer.png

That’s so on brand for Trump to find some lawyer on FOX (that’s where he found Eastman) use him until he’s no longer useful and then discard him like a cheap whore.

Edited by Satchel

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Yea, I didn't fully get that until today. I'd thought the issue was that Pence was worried about his safety in the hands of these agents. I also thought he refused to leave because he didn't want the office of VP to be seen fleeing.

Cheney and Pence do reflect a baseline concern and understanding of the republic which they put it first. There is almost an entire party of traitors and scoundrels who can't meet that basic standard. Nixon met that basic standard; I think he cared about the country even though he was a villain.

I think the committee is performing well and wisely. Thompson and Cheney make an excellent pair of leads. I doubt there is a better approach to getting this critical information to the people from Congress. I honestly don't know what the impact will be, but it's the best shot.

Nixon didn't care about the country--he put himself above it when he expanded the Vietnam War.  That was an abuse of power and he was willing to steal to retain it.

The hearing shows that Pence absolutely is a true believer regarding anti abortion, christianity/morality, the part about not disregarding votes for a president, etc.  As Brisket said upstream, when his life was being threatened, Pence wisely hung tight in the only safe space he believed--with the Dems, you know, the others being threatened.  I say this because Trump and Cruz have only one belief--greed, at all costs, which counters nationalism, rights, laws, or religion.  He's a despot, and this committee is shining light on it.  What happens afterwards  depends on what matters to a Democracy, including Democracy.

End of drunken posting.   

2 hours ago, freyguy said:

Whoa now.  Can folks quickly knock out some research on the smoke show next to him?  I'm really trying hard to discern if there's nipplage going on there....

I’d like to suh-peen-ahhh her

It was interesting to me to hear so much about prayer and bible carrying, bible verses and on and on.     Aguilar actually asked Jacobs that and he went on about taking out his bible and reading that passage from the book of David.   It's like they were giving them room to tell everyone they had God on their side.  Seems to me the committee is somehow setting up a gotcha.  Not only allowing but cultivating this line of questioning.   

3 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

I’ll make sure to check everyone’s stroke history before I make fun of them going forward, Jesus Christ.

I've got friends who will delete my stroke history if I am rushed to the hospital.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

Pence knew what was coming because Grassley fucked up and spilled the beans the day before. 

I don’t think he feared for his life. Even if some SS guys were all in on trump there’s no way they could have taken out Pence without having a civil war within the organization. They didn’t need to kill him, they just needed him off the Capitol grounds so Grassley could take over and execute the plan. 

i was across most of the factual evidence presented thus far but this grassley thing is new to me

did the committee depose grassley?

11 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

And you wonder why everyone fucking hates lawyers.  The shit he did was crooked as hell.  Light his ass up.

Don't disagree.

We kind of need a law for that though, y'know.  An actual crime that he might have committed.  I'm not sure 18 USC 1512 gets us there, because "obstruction" seems to contemplate physical acts, if not outright force.  Again, if he can be tied to the plan to disrupt the proceeding by violence/riot once the plot to persuade Pence failed, then he might be prosecuted.

It has become apparent to me that we are a bit light on insurrection-y, sedition-y, and treason-y crimes.  The ones we've got don't fit this very well.

I'm just trying to keep all the armchair litigators round here tethered to reality.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1