January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

23 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Who's Mollie?

Lol, seriously, we're being governed by barely more than chimps. How did it come to this?

This is a good point: if you're going to ask for a preemptive pardon for your role in an attempted putsch, you should probably spell your addressee's name correctly.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Trump sees all people -- certainly attorneys -- as fungible.  In his mind there would be no chaos, he'd just re-hire the DOJ.

He's fucking insane, but here we are.

Trump's concern was optics.

He wanted an AG to announce there was fraud, and he and the Republican congressmen would "take it from there," i.e. flood the channel with more bullshit with a small credibility boost.

As I think Donoghue said, that credibility boost would have been lost in the mass resignation story.

13 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

This is a good point: if you're going to ask for a preemptive pardon for your role in an attempted putsch, you should probably spell your addressee's name correctly.

I think that oversight was what kept me from getting mine. Beginner's error.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Trump's concern was optics.

He wanted an AG to announce there was fraud, and he and the Republican congressmen would "take it from there," i.e. flood the channel with more bullshit with a small credibility boost.

As I think Donoghue said, that credibility boost would have been lost in the mass resignation story.

There is no way Trump would connect those dots.  His lizard brain would have been satisfied with Clark doing the deed.  He couldn't have cared less if his DOJ was empty.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

i bolded the portion because this isn't entirely accurate.  this is based on their opinion of what the facts actually are when comparing candidates.  most of the redhat fucksticks think trump's only sin is standing up for himself and that biden invented inflation, high oil prices, and puppy cancer.

anyone who fits the bolded description already has a warped sense of who actually has what policy views.  trump has one policy objective - stay in power.  everything else is a branch on that tree.  it's a fake, bullshit, strawman argument intended to excuse their own dipshittery.

We are talking about two different groups.  The group I'm talking about is going to vote for the guy who espouses Republican policies no fucking matter what. Closed border, anti-abortion, pro guns, small government, lower taxation, etc. etc. etc. Think of the worst human being possible - John Wayne Gacy, Hitler, whoever.  If that person is the R on the ticket running against a D, a large number of voters are going to vote for the R guy absofuckinglutely no matter what because they find D policies so abhorrent and counter to their own political philosophy that there literally is no character flaw that could possibly overcome it.

The group you are talking about probably don't care about actual policy to begin with. These are the "fuck your feelings" cult of personality types where policy doesn't matter so much as image, message, owning the libs and shit like that. Both of those groups exist. They both suck.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

There is no way Trump would connect those dots.  His lizard brain would have been satisfied with Clark doing the deed.  He couldn't have cared less if his DOJ was empty.

His administration was literally trying to figure out if they could use claims that Italian satellites were switching votes from Trump to Biden.  There was no depth too low for them.

The dumbest fucking people (and followers).

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

He would have just appointed Eric as the Assistant AG in charge of whatever.

26 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

We are talking about two different groups.  The group I'm talking about is going to vote for the guy who espouses Republican policies no fucking matter what. Closed border, anti-abortion, pro guns, small government, lower taxation, etc. etc. etc. Think of the worst human being possible - John Wayne Gacy, Hitler, whoever.  If that person is the R on the ticket running against a D, a large number of voters are going to vote for the R guy absofuckinglutely no matter what because they find D policies so abhorrent and counter to their own political philosophy that there literally is no character flaw that could possibly overcome it.

The group you are talking about probably don't care about actual policy to begin with. These are the "fuck your feelings" cult of personality types where policy doesn't matter so much as image, message, owning the libs and shit like that. Both of those groups exist. They both suck.

and i'm saying that the first group is just as bad as the second group, they just might be better at hiding it.

His administration was literally trying to figure out if they could use claims that Italian satellites were switching votes from Trump to Biden.  There was no depth too low for them.

I mean….when your conspiracy theory depends on the linchpin of….the Italian space program….it may just be the dumbest conspiracy theory ever.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Trump may not have, but that's exactly what Donoghue told him.  That the spectacle of having his entire DOJ resign would obliterate anything else he could accomplish in the news cycle.

It's just like Ukraine and Biden, he didn't care if Zelenskyy actually investigated or found anything, he just wanted the seed to be planted.

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Trump may not have, but that's exactly what Donoghue told him.  That the spectacle of having his entire DOJ resign would obliterate anything else he could accomplish in the news cycle.

I don't think you understood my point whatsoever.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Damn, MTG should have gotten that Italian satellite shot down by the Jewish Space Lasers

13 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Damn, MTG should have gotten that Italian satellite shot down by the Jewish Space Lasers

Nah she would just claim the space lasers were running interference for the satellites…just like when Karen was flushing the cocaine down the toilet to protect Henry.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

paranoid-henry-hill.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's just like Ukraine and Biden, he didn't care if Zelenskyy actually investigated or found anything, he just wanted the seed to be planted.

Yeah, Trump was running a reality tv show. He didn’t care about reality, he only cared about how things would play out on tv. Notice how obsessed he was/is with ratings.

I’d have to check which book it was where I read this. But remember when Trump shut down the government after Ann Coulter and some Fox News hosts criticized him for agreeing to a budget that didn’t include funding for his border wall? Trump dispatched troops to the border (to stop a “caravan” of migrants who were nowhere close to the border) and wanted to get pictures on tv. The problem was that it takes time to mobilize that sort of effort. Trump didn’t care. He just wanted pictures on tv and asked the military if they could fake some pictures that made it look like he had troops on the border just so he’d have something to show on tv. He’s a con artist and a snake oil salesman.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

One surprising takeaway for me is that Engel, Donoghue & Rosen were able to stall the process by threatening mass resignations.

I honestly wouldn't expect Trump to give a damn about mass resignations.

That was an appeal to Trump’s vanity, “you’ll look bad if all of us quit, and you don’t want to look bad.”

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Also, and I'm just spitballing here, but pay attention to the 1) agreements to take action and 2) actions to actually threaten people who are exercising rights and privileges afforded to them by the Constitution or laws of the US (such as the right to count federal ballots, such as exercised by the women in Arizona, or the Ga. Sec. of State)....

And think of an 18 USC 241 prosecution:

A statute meant to address violent intimidation of Freedom Riders.  But this is some pretty parallel shit.

you're not allowed to look over the ledge

we need you on that ledge

4 hours ago, TexasEd said:

the israelis are 1 of 7 countries that build and launch both their own vehicles and manufacture and launch their own payloads

they also share a program named SHALOM

13 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Rusty Bowers, who just testified to the lengths Trump went to to try to overturn the election, has since said that if 2024 came down to Trump or Biden, he'd vote for Trump "because of all the great things he did during his presidency."
giphy.gif

13 hours ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Bowers was the guy who sparked the radio host's (Smerconish) conversation. Trumpers protested Bowers' fucking house where his daughter was suffering from some kind of grave illness. He actually got choked up about his wife and daughter being subjected to that during his testimony.  THAT GUY would still vote for Trump today. It's completely batshit insane.

havana-mahoney-havanarama.gif

13 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Who's Mollie?

Lol, seriously, we're being governed by barely more than chimps. How did it come to this?

honestly? it's because of the tens of millions of dumbass bothsider types who can't be bothered to pay attention to politics because, ya know, they're all the same.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.msn.com/en-US/news/politics/top-gop-pollster-says-trump-is-paying-a-price--even-among-republicans--for-what-the-january--hearings-have-revealed/ar-AAYO5A7?ocid=sapphireappshare

"Donald Trump is actually paying a price for what these hearings are showing. So it's having an impact, even among Republicans," Luntz said."

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

He was a game show host. 

No he wasn’t. I wish people would stop saying that. (Looking at you, Joe Scarborough.) It wasn’t a game show. It was a reality tv show. The producers don’t pick winners and losers on game shows. (Not the honest ones, anyway. I know there have been scandals in the past.) I’ve been to a taping of a game show. You know how long it takes to shoot a 30 minute game show? 30 minutes. There are no retakes.

Also, nobody’s afraid on Naked and Afraid and there’s no fear in Fear Factor because it’s all transparent bullshit. Reality tv is tv. It’s not reality. It’s not documentary. It’s theater. 

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

No he wasn’t. I wish people would stop saying that. (Looking at you, Joe Scarborough.) It wasn’t a game show. It was a reality tv show. The producers don’t pick winners and losers on game shows. (Not the honest ones, anyway. I know there have been scandals in the past.) I’ve been to a taping of a game show. You know how long it takes to shoot a 30 minute game show? 30 minutes. There are no retakes.

Also, nobody’s afraid on Naked and Afraid and there’s no fear in Fear Factor because it’s all transparent bullshit. Reality tv is tv. It’s not reality. It’s not documentary. It’s theater. 

Odd place to make a stand, my friend. It was a game. He hosted it. There was nothing "real" about it.

Calling it a reality show is just to camouflage the fact that it's a game show. Real Housewives is closer to a reality show: no game.

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Odd place to make a stand, my friend. It was a game. He hosted it. There was nothing "real" about it.

Calling it a reality show is just to camouflage the fact that it's a game show. Real Housewives is closer to a reality show: no game.

Except it wasn’t a game show. When you play a game, the players determine the outcome, not the producers. The Price is Right is a game show. Family Feud is a game show. Survivor wasn’t a game show. Pretending to be a game show doesn’t make it a game show. It was just a show. Scripted and fake.