January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

7 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I wonder if it’s The North Alabama Snow Monkey?

That's what I'm thinking - but only if there's enough cover for him to avoid having to take the fifth. 

I mean one of those involved providing a confession would justify the hype at this point.

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

That's what I'm thinking - but only if there's enough cover for him to avoid having to take the fifth. 

I mean one of those involved providing a confession would justify the hype at this point.

I think the media and political journalists are the ones responsible for the “hype”. As far as I can tell the committee hasn’t made any representations that it will be “block buster”. All that crap is from CNN types ready to call the whole thing a dud because all they did was expose crimes we all saw happen in real time 

24 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

bets on tomorrow's surprise witness....

remember.... IT'S ALWAYS TUESDAY ......

3-1 Brooks

3-1 Somebody with written or recorded evidence surrounding fake electors

5-1 Eastman

10-1 Ivanka

10-1 Clark

Pence?

26 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

based on the cnn interview, he's not worth an unannounced session unless what he has ON TAPE is the smoking gun from the tapeworm himself

That’s what I’m thinking. He’s just there to say the film is real and not edited in a deceptive way. 

14 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

That’s what I’m thinking. He’s just there to say the film is real and not edited in a deceptive way. 

But he would have to have the orangutan actually say something along the lines of the costanza defense and have it on tape.  With everything that's already on tape, especially the Raffensberger call, what could possibly be such a bombshell that they are having an emergency session with 24 hours notice on a pre-holiday week?

6 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

But he would have to have the orangutan actually say something along the lines of the costanza defense and have it on tape.  With everything that's already on tape, especially the Raffensberger call, what could possibly be such a bombshell that they are having an emergency session with 24 hours notice on a pre-holiday week?

4a08ff9d3f956dd814fc8ee1cfaac592.gif

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I guess we’ll see. After Watergate I assumed the lesson was “don’t have anything recording in the White House when you’re committing crimes.” I mean wasn’t the excuse for the tapes that Nixon planned on writing a book? Here we’ve found out Trump had a whole documentary crew present and filming during Jan 6. I hate speculating, but the parallels are there. 

If I am truly convinced that my neighbor is satan, and I stab him in the head, I don't think "but I really did think it" is going to hold up. But then again I'm not President.
Maybe he'd need an insanity plea.

There’s already ample evidence, like a avalanche of evidence, that he was notified that he lost the election. The George Costanza defense should be jettisoned into space along with any legal expert who seriously considers it. They can join the experts that discuss self-pardons, secret pardons, co-conspirator pardons, and other get out jail free pardons.

1 hour ago, miguelito said:

I was gonna say Meatloaf, but he's dead (or is he?).

So I'll go with Kid Rock.  Or JFK Jr.

His passing is well known

what's for dinner? | Rocky horror picture show, Rocky horror show, Rocky  horror picture

18 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

There’s already ample evidence, like a avalanche of evidence, that he was notified that he lost the election. The George Costanza defense should be jettisoned into space along with any legal expert who seriously considers it. They can join the experts that discuss self-pardons, secret pardons, co-conspirator pardons, and other get out jail free pardons.

They can move onto the Rudy defense.

image.png.2a95e70f991d3105916158562b2c8aec.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

My background in not being anything like an attorney is well established.  That said, it's my understanding, that at least for a lot of crimes, knowledge of the criminal nature of the act is not required to establish guilt.  Intent to commit the act is.

And now, I will send up the beacon so my statement can be corrected:  @TwiceHorn

I think it could get dicey for Trump if questioned about what his belief is based on.

Edited by Satchel
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not sure I'd phrase it that way, personally.

ALL of this shit fucking matters. It's just that none of it is actually going to matter. 

It matters to authoritarians everywhere who want to point at us and say how democracy doesn’t work.

I haven't researched this or heard definitively from anyone - are there going to be any meaningful consequences from any of this?  Is anyone important going to actually go to jail? John Eastman, to me, seems to be the single most culpable person out there.

Also, I've been interested to hear Republicans' takes on the Jan. 6th Committee's work. A few actually admit that the testimony has been damning. Far more of them say that the committee has an agenda, it is completely politically motivated, it's a hit job on the former president, etc.  My question is, "How else are they supposed to present the facts of what happened?"  All they are doing is laying out the facts of what happened, mostly by Republicans in the Trump administration.

3 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

are there going to be any meaningful consequences from any of this? 

too soon to tell and anyone who says otherwise is full of shit. if we start seeing indictments being handed down then you'll know then. but that's a few months' off. 

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I hate shit like this. Just say what you mean, asshole

it's like a fucking Nahlin or Burton tweet.  "OMG! Texas is expected to have a secret 5* recruit visit this weekend.  If it's who I think it is, this could be massive for this year's class."

at least this choad didn't ask for $9.95.

Mo Brooks seems too obvious.  that wouldn't surprise anybody.  this has to be a big name, not some clown like Ali Alexander, who people are speculating about.

my money is on Meadows or Ginni Thomas, if this is truly going to shock people.

hell, maybe it's the Shockmaster.

shockmaster.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Trump's statement?  Pretty sure that's non-hearsay as an admission (IANAcriminal defenseL).

Yeah, for some reason, I always want to engraft an "against interest" on that one, which is of course an actual exception to the hearsay rule.