January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

2 hours ago, tokamak said:

I think the main talking point has been some version of "we're only hearing one side of the story by this all-Democrat committee selectively choosing witnesses".

And other than the poll worker, every witness has been a Republican and a Trump supporter.

1 hour ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I just can't come to grips with the fact that one group of people can view the facts and so clearly understand the truth and another group is so capable of completely deluding themselves. It's so hard to believe that at times I've questioned my own sanity. Am I the one who is fucked up here?  Am the crazy one who can't see the truth?

The Emperor’s New Clothes was published in 1837. Its an old story.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Now tell me how much of this is covered tonight by their prime time shows?

They’ll spend the evening complaining about Hunter Biden and why aren’t we telling Ukraine to just lay back and let Russia do its thing.  And gas and inflation.

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Seems there is some doubt being raised about the Beast story.  

This entire testimony getting negated in the court of public opinion because of one comment is par for the course in this fucking country.  

What's stupid is that she was recounting what she had been told by Meadows. She was not asserting it as fact. Meadows should be the person who is called into question here, not Hutchinson 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This entire testimony getting negated in the court of public opinion because of one comment is par for the course in this fucking country.  

Honestly, I know that and the ketchup story got the headlines, but I was/still am confused why they were mentioned in the testimony. It was really just a juicy piece of gossip to throw out there. It doesn't do anything to tie January 6th together. 

10 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Someone take one for the team tonight and watch Sean Hannity to see if Sean Hannity addresses why he, Sean Hannity, is mentioned so many times in today's hearing. Sean Hannity. 

No, thanks. I'll just wait for the dumbest clip to be posted.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Captainant said:

What's stupid is that she was recounting what she had been told by Meadows. She was not asserting it as fact. Meadows should be the person who is called into question here, not Hutchinson 

I think Engel was there when Meadows told her that, according to her testimony.

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

No, thanks. I'll just wait for the dumbest clip to be posted.

Going to be pretty tough to top citing Michelle Bachmann as a credible source that Dems are going to make Hillary the 2024 nominee. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

While I agree, he, to me, seems like the most important possible witness in nailing Trump to the wall.  He is fighting appearing to the death, because he knows he will get charged...and convicted.  Get his testimony, and Trump may actually go to jail.

They don't need his testimony to send dotard to jail.  If what's already out there doesn't send him to jail then this guy's testimony won't do the trick either.

Might as well hang this bastard if we can't get dotard.

i think Marvin Zindler used to complain about that in his Rat and Roach Report.
"There was ketchup on the walls!  There was slime in the ice machine!"
"Maaaarrrrrvvviiiinnnn Zindler.  Eyewitness News."
67691736_2809778235716680_6242203479712989184_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=e3f864&_nc_ohc=T2q7rNh7AjwAX-VEWBd&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=00_AT_nBLG14KXeLJ4h_Kc77yentUbzTSwvn1xxcLc0-h6Few&oe=62E14B1F
Good Golf, Good Tennis, or whatever makes you happy.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, YChang said:

The fuck? Michelle Bachmann is the dean at an institute of learning? 

No. She's a dean at a bullshit Christofascist profit and indoctrination center founded by, and still run by, Pat Robertson. 

F26A9F98-6B60-4C58-95EF-150D8CE397A1.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Pods said:

IMG_2032.thumb.jpeg.c764ad6ca98e8bb8eed1adfdfd09858f.jpeg

Yes, that's from today. Also, if there is one person I trust to know the ins and outs of internal Democratic politics, it's Michelle Fucking Bachmann. 

This is what Fox News does.  They aren’t mentioning the hearings today.  I flipped over a few times a couple of hours ago and learned that Biden is going to sue oil companies or something to make gas prices go up and also Biden is going to have pop up tents that do abortions in public parks where your kids will be playing.  Nothing about Trump being a treasonous piece of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

This is what Fox News does.  They aren’t mentioning the hearings today.  I flipped over a few times a couple of hours ago and learned that Biden is going to sue oil companies or something to make gas prices go up and also Biden is going to have pop up tents that do abortions in public parks where your kids will be playing.  Nothing about Trump being a treasonous piece of shit. 

i've said this repeatedly, but this is how it works. 

when trump did something ridiculous, cnn and msnbc would cover it one way, and people assumed fox covered it the other way.  the reality is that fox wouldn't cover it at all.  they know there are so many people that get all their news from fox and only fox, that they can control the entire narrative and turn actual news into a non-story for these people. 

that's why so many of these goblins getting interviewed seem like brainwashed idiots - "no, that didn't really happen."  they think they're watching an actual news channel with several different shows and hosts, and nobody mentioned it, so yeah, it probably sounds made up to them.  

it's like occasionally when weekend update will drop in a piece of real news and say, "just in case this is your only source of news, we wanted you to know".  it's like that, but way sadder.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

They had Jonathan Swan of Axios on earlier. All of them, including him, were super aggressively angry earlier at the committee for putting Hutchinson's "second-hand testimony" about the Secret Service interactions without presenting "primary testimony". 

They neglected to mention that Meadows is refusing to provide said "primary testimony". 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

when trump did something ridiculous, cnn and msnbc would cover it one way, and people assumed fox covered it the other way.  the reality is that fox wouldn't cover it at all.  they know there are so many people that get all their news from fox and only fox, that they can control the entire narrative and turn actual news into a non-story for these people. 

that's why so many of these goblins getting interviewed seem like brainwashed idiots - "no, that didn't really happen."  they think they're watching an actual news channel with several different shows and hosts, and nobody mentioned it, so yeah, it probably sounds made up to them.  

it's like occasionally when weekend update will drop in a piece of real news and say, "just in case this is your only source of news, we wanted you to know".  it's like that, but way sadder.

I agree with this with the addition of them jumping on specific instances, out of context usually, if that helps them advance their narratives. Example being them jumping on the Committee for not proving "primary testimony". They extrapolate from that to discredit everything else Hutchinson said. 

Then move on to the hits: China, inflation, gas prices and Hunter Biden. 

46 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

who would be shocked if she were promised nice things in exchange for going up there, saying some ridiculous stuff that probably can't happen (a corpulent 300 pounder lunge from the back into the front of the beast?), get lampooned by the jesse waters and the jesse kellys and jack posobiecs of the world, and the entire thing gets discredited as just another witch hunt! nothingberder

• Rage+1 1

55 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Why is it reasonable to counter sworn testimony with an anonymous source? It’s irresponsible 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, elfenix said:

who would be shocked if she were promised nice things in exchange for going up there, saying some ridiculous stuff that probably can't happen (a corpulent 300 pounder lunge from the back into the front of the beast?), get lampooned by the jesse waters and the jesse kellys and jack posobiecs of the world, and the entire thing gets discredited as just another witch hunt! nothingberder

I think part of the problem with the story is that they keep saying The Beast and everyone thinks of the Cadillac limo. From the video shown at the hearing today, he was in a Suburban like the one he was in for his COVID parade outside the hospital. I don't know if it's like AF1 and Marine 1 where any vehicle he's in is called The Beast, but the story made more sense to me if he was sitting in the second row of a Suburban.

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Honestly, I know that and the ketchup story got the headlines, but I was/still am confused why they were mentioned in the testimony. It was really just a juicy piece of gossip to throw out there. It doesn't do anything to tie January 6th together. 

He was mad Barr said there was no voter fraud. It shows both knowledge and intent

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Why is it reasonable to counter sworn testimony with an anonymous source? It’s irresponsible 

Yes. This isn’t Engel or the driver saying what did or didn’t happen. It’s not even them saying they are prepared to say it under oath.  It’s allegedly them saying it to some unknown person, who then says it to this guy.   Fails chain of custody. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

YEP.  This is why the in laws are flabbergasted when we tell them things about dotard and the GOP.  Their immediate reaction is "no way that happened" because their only news source is Fox.  They try to claim it's not, but it 100% is.  MIL strangely "doesn't watch Fox News", but has every single moron talking point ready to go at a moment's notice.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Yes. This isn’t Engel or the driver saying what did or didn’t happen. It’s not even them saying they are prepared to say it under oath.  It’s allegedly them saying it to some unknown person, who then says it to this guy.   Fails chain of custody. 

So just like Airmen Cecil O’Malley and Anthony Rodriguez? (But we’ll get to them in a minute.)
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

That’s literally what I do with my dog when he gets out the front door and wants to go bounding through the neighborhood. Wanna go for a ride? Open the door, he hops in and that’s that

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, royiv said:

I think part of the problem with the story is that they keep saying The Beast and everyone thinks of the Cadillac limo. From the video shown at the hearing today, he was in a Suburban like the one he was in for his COVID parade outside the hospital. I don't know if it's like AF1 and Marine 1 where any vehicle he's in is called The Beast, but the story made more sense to me if he was sitting in the second row of a Suburban.

what if i told you the beast is a suburban.

the matrix GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Man, Marvin Zindler. That seems like a good litmus test for all these folks moving here.

You know who Marvin Zindler is? You don't? Well, nice knowing you.

Zindler was ok, until he went to LaGrange.  Fuck Marvin and his patent leather white shit.

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

Are they hoping Trump directly responds to the "grabbing the wheel/strangling the SS agent" story and says it never happened? Then they can call the agent to testify that it happened, and show he's full of shit? 

I can't see them putting her up there to tell that without having at least one more corroborating witness somehow.  

It went towards showing his temper tantrums.  Tailed onto the story about grabbing the wheel.  Like a toddler.  And that played into the 25A talk and cabinet members resigning, showing how many felt he was too close to the edge.  

It shows his intent. He was planning to go to the Capitol and lead the insurrection.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

What if I told you it’s not.

i coulda sworn one of the car mags (or maybe popular mechanics) said it was built on the GMT900 or such, with a big cutaway diagram.  maybe that was the prior model.