January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

20 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

So the Hearing tomorrow is “white boy” day . . . 
The committee is expected to make the case that the Trump administration had connections to militia groups like the Oath Keepers and the Proud Boys—whose leaders face seditious conspiracy charges—and that a tweet from former President Donald Trump was the "siren call" that catalyzed those groups to attempt to block the certification of the 2020 election.

"People are going to hear the story of that tweet, and then the explosive effects it had in Trump world and specifically among the domestic violent extremist groups—the most dangerous political extremists in the country at that point," Representative Jamie Raskin told CBS' Face the Nation on Sunday.

Gary-Oldman-True-Romance-600x399.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

So why couldn’t this cowardly fuckstick do this live? 

A lot of the testimony presented has been videotaped. Including some of Cassidy Hutchinson’s. She was later called in for an emergency live session where they showed clips from her taped interview.

16 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Can anyone convince me that this thing isn't going to just be shut down immediately when the GOP takes the House in a few months and all amount to absolutely nothing?

Yes. Because it will be over by September. 

17 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Can anyone convince me that this thing isn't going to just be shut down immediately when the GOP takes the House in a few months and all amount to absolutely nothing?

Why would anyone bother with that? Nobody knows the future, and nothing good ever comes from the religion of futility.

But if you like knowing the end of a movie, Rosebud is a sled, the North wins in Gone With the Wind, and the Titanic doesn't make it to the dock in New York.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

On 7/11/2022 at 11:11 AM, chainsaw said:

I saw Hunter Biden trending last night and figured something big is coming today. Anyone got a TLDR?

On 7/11/2022 at 11:52 AM, chainsaw said:

Oh I'm sure it was bullshit but usually they try to drum up Hinter Biden outrage when they know something bad is on the horizon for Trump

It’s cheap and automated to get Hunter trending on social media, and they definitely save it for bad news about Trump.  Somebody had a chart showing when it trends over the past few months and what Trump news was associated with it.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This will come as no surprise to anyone, but Sidney Powell is flat fucking insane.

1 minute ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Damn, I could only watch for the first 30 minutes and missed Sydney Powell.  Did her audio make it clear that she is completely disconnected from reality?

Nuttier than squirrel shit

Damn, I could only watch for the first 30 minutes and missed Sydney Powell.  Did her audio make it clear that she is completely disconnected from reality?

Hell, her outfit and glasses made that clear.

• Hook 'Em 1

Scrolling through highlights on CNN.  Why is that fuck Jason Miller wearing a mask?  We already know he doesn't have a chin.  We already know that MAGA thinks that masks are buillshit.  Does he think wearing a mask in some way makes it harder for us to tell he's lying since we can't see his lips moving?image.png.f6d914b04a74263e81f4152f95f92d40.png

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Scrolling through highlights on CNN.  Why is that fuck Jason Miller wearing a mask?  We already know he doesn't have a chin.  We already know that MAGA thinks that masks are buillshit.  Does he think wearing a mask in some way makes it harder for us to tell he's lying since we can't see his lips moving?image.png.f6d914b04a74263e81f4152f95f92d40.png

Maybe he tested positive and was required to keep it on

29 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This will come as no surprise to anyone, but Sidney Powell is flat fucking insane.

Both her and Rudy's incompetence are for sale.  The big question is how are they on the same team representing and defending the interests of the Executive Branch?    

26 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

She's trying to sell Dr. Pepper in a Congressional committee hearing on the Capitol Riot.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

And it looked like he was speaking by remote video. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

A lot of the testimony presented has been videotaped. Including some of Cassidy Hutchinson’s. She was later called in for an emergency live session where they showed clips from her taped interview.

Very few, if any, of the witnesses have been live without being deposed by video or behind closed doors.

Basically, you want to see what they have to say before taking them live.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Very few, if any, of the witnesses have been live without being deposed by video or behind closed doors.

Which is why I hope they don't allow that lunatic Bannon anywhere near a hearing camera.     

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Sidney Powell with the Dr. Pepper product placement.

27 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

24 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

22 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Nuttier than squirrel shit

22 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Hell, her outfit and glasses made that clear.

She's always had a weird vibe.  I remember meeting her at the annual Fifth Circuit CLE in New Orleans decades ago; at the time I just assumed she was kind of conceited.  Now I know she's a full on nutter.

Edited by DDD Dad

Just now, DDD Dad said:

She's always had a weird vibe.  I remember meeting her at the annual Fifth Circuit CLE in New Orleans decades ago; at the time I just assumed she was kind of conceited.  Now I know she's a full on nutter.

At first I believe she spoke out against Trump and then when he was looking for representation, she threw her hat in his corner.  

Just now, Mdhorn said:

At first I believe she spoke out against Trump and then when he was looking for representation, she threw her hat in his corner.  

Christian nationalists were skeptical of a New Yorker with a history of supporting abortion and having a show on secular media. Obviously he was successful in courting the fundies.

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It also makes it easier to tell the story and show segments of their interviews relevant to different subjects. Like when they’re asking if Trump was told he lost the election they can say, Here’s what Bill Barr said about that, and “Here”s what Pat Cipollone said about that,” etc.