January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

3 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

This probably should have kicked off way earlier. The committee could have used it to pressure agents and staff into testifying. 

Should the DHS be investigating itself?  Maybe they should have FBI or Treasury investigate it.

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's infuriating to me, seeing example after example of all this shit the past 18 months...fuck it, the last 6 years...where nothing fucking happens until something is exposed on fucking television. You couldn't tell something was fucking rotten when you didn't get the texts you requested 18 months ago? NOW it's a criminal charge? Until some measure of public outcry happens, no one does fucking shit. 

Well, to be fair to the Committee, assuming they did request or subpoena things that would encompass texts (they probably didn't specifically say "texts between all agents and other agents and White House staff") they had no way of knowing that the texts had been "purged" or deleted.  They received documents and things responsive to their subpoena or request and didn't notice that there were no text messages, or only some of them, or whatever.

In this kind of "discovery," you're a bit at the mercy of the candor of the witness/subject of the request.

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger self-immolated for the good of the country, but there aren't many out there who will do the same.

True. What we need are people of integrity in politics, who have the best interests of the country front of mind at all times, who are driven and dedicated public servants.  It's possible we've never had that and the mere idea is naïve and fantastical; we CERTAINLY do not have that now.

Yeah. I know. And I'm pretty much done with this fucking place. I realize that having America die likely has giant repercussions for the rest of the world, so in many aspects there is nowhere to hide. That being said, maybe being elsewhere where I'm the interloper will be less painful than waking up every day and seeing what things used to be interposed with the way things are...Fuck.

Hang in there Brisket, er I mean Sydney.

Surly legal eagles. Suppose you are in civil litigation and opposing counsel, during discovery, finds you have deleted a whole trove of relevant texts or emails, likely AFTER it was clear that they would be requested. I mean you'd be pretty fucked, yes?

• Like 1

Just now, Sbbruin said:

Surly legal eagles. Suppose you are in civil litigation and opposing counsel, during discovery, finds you have deleted a whole trove of relevant texts or emails, likely AFTER it was clear that they would be requested. I mean you'd be pretty fucked, yes?

Tfw the supreme court says you cant hold federal agents liable for anything 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Sure.  But my clients wouldn't also have first bought off the judges making the decision on the concealment of evidence charges.

Edited by lemonlime
  • Rage+1 1

I mean it’s not like Trump put his loyalist into the SS

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/apr/08/trump-removes-secret-service-director-homeland-security

Donald Trump announced on Monday that he will remove the Secret Servicedirector, Randolph “Tex” Alles, from his position, as one anonymous official described “a near-systematic purge” at the Department of Homeland Security.

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, C-Man said:

At one time, I felt sorry for this vapid cunt. Not anymore. She's as complicit as her POS husband. Throw the lot of them off a tall building.

or a off a short building  - repeatedly. break something new each time. could be wholesome tv fun

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

17 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

fox news getting name-checked.

newsmax gonna be pissed.

guess that's why they opted to now air the hearing tonight

15 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Put it on Pay Per View and send the money to the dead cops families. 

I'd put tree fiddy on it

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

If any of this were remotely true, just goes to show they shouldn't have been anywhere near the presidency since they are admitting to be complete idiots.   Piss poor liars too.     

Edited by Mdhorn