January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

12 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Next week, after the elections…

Yeah, this whole process was fucking worthless.

There are 2.5 months until the newly elected are sworn in. That's the drop dead day.

The process isn't worthless; the electorate is. Presented with evidence and a full story the elements of the electorate:

• Doesn't care enough to bother with consuming information essential to the republic.
  • Cares some but stll doesn't bother to know much.
  • Knows a lot but doesn't recognize the new paradigm of political conflict (it's the republic, stupid).
  • Cares a lot, knows enough, but doesn't do anything except vote and wait. (me)
  • Denies the truth from the beginning and rabidly promotes a lie.

We couldn't ask more from the committee. Now we turn our lonely eyes to law enforcement. The GQP doesn't get control of the DOJ. Should they move, facts will at least be easily accessible due to the work of the committee.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

There are 2.5 months until the newly elected are sworn in. That's the drop dead day.
The process isn't worthless; the electorate is. Presented with evidence and a full story the elements of the electorate:
  • Doesn't care enough to bother with consuming information essential to the republic.
  • Knows a lot but doesn't recognize the new paradigm of political conflict (it's the republic, stupid).
We couldn't ask more from the committee. Now we turn our lonely eyes to law enforcement. The GQP doesn't get control of the DOJ. Should they move, facts will at least be easily accessible due to the work of the committee.

No MAGA thinks the committee was valid or pats attention to any if the results. We all knew the truth before they even started. They had to move fast and they did not.

Sorry folks, I was never fully on your team.  But I wanted to help you fuck over True Evil in every aspect of it.  But as Joe Pesci once said, your party could fuck up a cup of coffee.  I understand, and bizarrely respect, the tradition of not abusing a new party in charge to fuck with the previous administration.  It's a tacit agreement that allows our Representative Democracy to endure.  But between selling out our nation to adversaries, stealing classified secrets, and instigating insurrectionist riots...maybe you should have doubled down on this fucking guy.  But oh wait, you only had the White House, House of Reps, the U.S. Senate, and the D.C. Circuit.  Sorry you didn't have any assets you fucking cunts.  Between that and your low fucking voter turnout...fuck you guys.  Seriously.  I know there's 9 of you passionately engaged in politics on here, but otherwise...what's the fucking point.  You couldn't prosecute or turn out the vote because of a single federal judge or high gas prices?  Don't get offended the next time somebody tells you that you got low dick energy.      I'm gonna drive around to election places on Tuesday though and video intimidators and then have them fired.  I got spare time.

Oh fuck off.

You’re still a Republican in your soul. Sorry if Democrats aren’t big enough ratfuckers for your taste.

Blaming those of us who have always known Republicans are evil for letting your compatriots be evil is bullshit.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

On 11/5/2022 at 9:33 AM, RomaVicta said:

Yep, the Committee has done 90+% of its job and was as successful at it as one could basically hope for.

• Like 2

One of the things that made the Committee so effective in comparison to other committee investigations was the lack of cross-examination.  That is exactly what kept this from being a shitshow.

In all courts, cross-examination is controlled by the judge and the examiner isn't allowed to wander too much in questioning.  And, in federal court, cross is limited to the subjects of testimony, that is, what the witness just said, and matters affecting credibility.   Not only are congresscritters notoriously bad at cross, but they wander all over, speechify, and do it poorly as a general matter.And in all courts, cross-examination questioning is controlled to preclude "undue embarrassment for the witness," which always seems to be a chief goal of congressional cross-examination.

And that's before you even get to the Gym Jordans of the world.

That's a big part of why the presentation was so effective.

On the other hand, the credibility of the witnesses has not been tested at all.  That's not to say that I think any of them are lying.  But even their recall of events has not been tested.  Cross-examination in a committee setting is not a real good vehicle for that even if congresscritters refrain from theatrics.

But, this also means that DOJ and actual prosecuting attorneys cannot rely on the proof presented at the hearings to use in court.  And, it has been alluded to before, but any witness' testimony used in the hearing is now a prior statement and if they vary from it testifying against Trump in court, you can be sure decent defense counsel will grill them to death about it.

This is and will be a real problem for bringing a criminal case.  The prosecuting attorneys will have to grill the witnesses and "woodshed" them to insure their testimony will withstand cross in court and may have to "cross off" a bunch of them from their witness list to avoid hits on credibility.

And, in a criminal case, even small "hits" on prosecution witnesses (meaning not "aha, you're lying," but more like "so you could have misinterpreted or misremembered that, yes"?) can accumulate to defeat proof beyond a reasonable doubt necessary to secure a conviction.  This is especially true where Trump's state of mind is at issue, as it will be here. 

So, anyone thinking that the Committee has served up a criminal case on a silver platter for DOJ is mistaken and not just in some "needs some fine-tuning" sense.  And it may have actually made a prosecution more difficult in a lot of ways.

Nevertheless, DOJ has ways that Congress does not to penetrate executive privilege and get testimony from what I thought were highly credible witnesses in Cippolone and Herschmann, among others, and we know they are doing that even as we speak and succeeding at it.

It also looks like DOJ is on the eve of indicting with the discussions of Special Counsel that apparently are going on.  If that happens, it's not going to be like Mueller, where the Special Counsel does the investigation and brings any indictments, but apparently a case where the Special Counsel will be handed a complete or near-complete investigation and make the decision to indict, subject to approval by the AG, and try the case.  And that fact alone could mean that appointing a Special Counsel is useless, even to persuade the rationals that the "administration is not prosecuting its political enemies."

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

aren't they about to release all their findings anyway? wtf is there to investigate?

It's just another platform for lying created to promote their war on the republic which is essential for protecting the criminal organization known as the GOP.

There is absolutely never a reason to think any action of the GOP is based in anything other than the above.

They don't want to go to jail. They don't care what they ruin to stay out of jail. They also want a fascist government.

It's simple.

Investigations and legislation? That's for suckers not playing the real game.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 10:30 AM, NAVY said:

Is this a fancy way of saying we’re going to read the report? 

assholes 

“The report was biased because Hunter Biden, COVID-19 lab origins, the homeless in San Francisco, Nancy Pelosi, Vince Foster, and John Kerry hates the troops.”

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

On 12/1/2022 at 11:35 AM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

aren't they about to release all their findings anyway? wtf is there to investigate?

It’s about making Democrats sit for depositions and fight subpoenas - exacting process related consequences with no goal other than revenge/harassment 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

So they’re gonna subpoena a committee who issued subpoenas to figure out who they didn’t want subpoena’d because of their previous abuse of subpoenas?  And then revoke the Constitution after claiming its amendments protect them from answering said subpoenas as they issued more subpoenas?  All in the name if small, liberty-driven government?   I have that about right, Commander Dipshit? 

That’s fucking awesome.  Can we get into the wreath fund and send a hard copy photo to McCarhy’s office in a frame?

shit, you know it’s awkward when even Pelosi had that look on her face like “oh god, this is fucking weird.  Hurry up!”

• Like 1

Interesting flex by "reporter" over Ken Sicknick's left shoulder (our right on the linked video).  

"Hey, we got a heads up.  Congressional Gold medals being given out in several weeks.  Be there to get quotes from deceased Capitol Police's family members!"

Reporter, "Okay, got it!  Several weeks, eh?"

"Yeah, that's how Congress works.  They plan this stuff out so press and security and media and everything can be set up properly.  Plus, we'll be doing an angle on the dangers of fascism and how it related to January 6th insurrectionists."

Reporter, "Cool.  Gives me some time to grow out my hair to look exactly like Adolph Hitler's."  

• Hook 'Em 2

Meeting at noon (CST) tomorrow.

Monday’s hearing will serve as a handoff of sorts, as the committee reveals which people it will refer to the DOJ and other entities for prosecution or sanctions. And while they may be dramatic, the referrals themselves don’t guarantee further action.

Live feed when the time comes.

Better get my work done in the morning!

• Like 1