January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Enough with the trolling. I don't care if you think it's fair or not, you cannot post in this thread that things that are proven fact didn't happen. You will earn the privilege of not being able to post or see anything in daily texan or cloakroom. 

Keep this thread on topic. 

Howdy, sheriff.

21 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I’m surprised casualties weren’t in the 100s that day. 

20 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's really amazing that more rioters didn't injure each other, let alone the few opposing them.

there was a shot of people from the bottom of some stairs just pushing with all their might, just person after person shoving the people in front of them, with a depth of hundreds of people...all i could think about was those people getting crushed at that Travis Scott concert. nightmare fuel.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Shit up you old dumb fuck.  Did the black guy speaking make you angry?

Can’t imagine him or others like him being this chill had all of the insurrectionists been scary black men.

• Hook 'Em 2

Which congress people do you think requested the pardons?  Apparently this was before the insurrection if my understanding of Kushner's comments is correct. 

• Gaetz for pedophilia
  • Cruz for campaign finance stuff?

Or am I wrong and this was for being a part of the coup?

Edit: The reason Kush was focused on the pardons is because they were taking money for them

Edit 2: No realize there were several that asked for them after the coup.  I still can't believe they did not pull off the 25th removal

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

While I am hopeful something substantive comes out of this to take action against Trump, it seems to me that the main goal is to make Trump so toxic even to the latent/passive part of the GOP base that would lazily pull the lever for him, that he won’t even run in 2024 or is otherwise unelectable.   I just can imagine most of the Senate Pubs and even guys like McCarthy to an extent are secretly supportive of these hearings as a chickenshit, and probably futile, effort to take back their party, so they don’t have to publicly castigate Trump until it’s cool to do so again.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Here’s why they did what we’re now calling stupid: because the my thought they were going to win. They were going to overturn the election. Trump was going to remain president and reward them. The videos would end up playing in the Victory Theater of the Museum of Trump Awesomeness Long May He Reign For Ever and Ever. They would be a record of their heroic service to the Trump Reich. Because winners write history.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

Y'all notice we aren't even talking about the hearing anymore? 34 posts on this page, not one of which is about the substance of the hearings. 

hqdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Stop feeding the trolls. 

Yup. Just report the posts and put the traitorous assholes on ignore.

Y’all are giving them what they want and mucking up actual discussion.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

it's amazing how people act like we didn't fucking witness the 18 months leading up to the election.  the time magazine covers and references to multiple terms.  the insistence on announcing investigations into biden well before he was even the candidate.  the constant claims that the only way he loses is if it's rigged.  the nonstop attacks on voting by mail.
january 6th wasn't the disease, it was just a symptom.
Trump fucking told us in 2015 that he would not accept a result where he lost.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Shit up you old dumb fuck.  Did the black guy speaking make you angry?

Thank you.  My black daughter in law thanks you and my bi-racial granddaughter may thank you once she learns some more words.

Isn't there a way to disagree without being disagreeable and hostile? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 6

1 hour ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Really odd that I get negged for posting a news article.  OK, whatever.

You posited that those were more serious attacks on the capitol than what happened on 1/6.  They aren’t in the same universe.  But you know that.  You have to know that.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Thank you.  My black daughter in law thanks you and my bi-racial granddaughter may thank you once she learns some more words.

Not about whether treason in defense of white supremacy is fine.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Here’s why they did what we’re now calling stupid: because the my thought they were going to win. They were going to overturn the election. Trump was going to remain president and reward them. The videos would end up playing in the Victory Theater of the Museum of Trump Awesomeness Long May He Reign For Ever and Ever. They would be a record of their heroic service to the Trump Reich. Because winners write history.

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

image.jpeg.dd787c32a1a13382f64fb10babd59108.jpeg

Exactly. They thought they were leaders of a new American Revolution and expected to be celebrated as heroes afterwards. The camera was to make sure they got the credit they think they deserved. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

You posited that those were more serious attacks on the capitol than what happened on 1/6.  They aren’t in the same universe.  But you know that.  You have to know that.

He may not know that. He's from Dallas, the most fascist fucking city in the state. Too much okie in their water table I guess.

• Hook 'Em 1

Oh, you have a black friend, do you? Turn off Fox News. It is turning your brain to mush.
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
22 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Oh, you have a black friend, do you? Turn off Fox News. It is turning your brain to mush.

12034388.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

39 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
42 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:
it's amazing how people act like we didn't fucking witness the 18 months leading up to the election.  the time magazine covers and references to multiple terms.  the insistence on announcing investigations into biden well before he was even the candidate.  the constant claims that the only way he loses is if it's rigged.  the nonstop attacks on voting by mail.

it's funny - for as much as this fat fucking clown lies, sometimes he hesitates, even when he knows a simple lie is the easy way out.

he wouldn't denounce white supremacist groups, he wouldn't agree to a smooth transfer of power, he wouldn't agree to accept election results.  for most politicians (i get it, he's not one), these are snap calls, especially in a debate setting.  these are auto-answers, truth or not.  this guy can't wake up and get out of bed without telling three lies.  people around him claim he would lie about what time it was if you asked him, just to stay in practice.

when a lie is easy, and he won't do it, that should tell you something.

i take it back, it's not funny.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Captainant said:

He may not know that. He's from Dallas, the most fascist fucking city in the state. Too much okie in their water table I guess.

He’s not from Dallas. He’s from Itchy Hill and moved to Dallas.

6 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Trump has already openly stated that he wanted to “overturn the election.” He knew he lost but wanted to stay in power anyway. Because that’s who he is. 

Trump is way more pissed off about people thinking he's a loser than he is worried about being in power.  

2 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Which congress people do you think requested the pardons?  Apparently this was before the insurrection if my understanding of Kushner's comments is correct. 

• Gaetz for pedophilia
  • Cruz for campaign finance stuff?

Or am I wrong and this was for being a part of the coup?

Edit: The reason Kush was focused on the pardons is because they were taking money for them

Edit 2: No realize there were several that asked for them after the coup.  I still can't believe they did not pull off the 25th removal

I think we'll see a segment on the 25th issue.   

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Exactly.  

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

Same way he told people his strategy for discrediting the media in that Barbara Walters interview.  Thing is Trump just comes across as so outlandish that many figure he just can't be taken seriously.   

We are a country that literally bought pet rocks.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

What we're seeing I think from DalTx is a probably conventional thing.  He doesn't like and dismisses Trump and thinks that's "good enough," while still voting GOP, because conservative, whatever the fuck that means nowadays.

The danger in that, of course, is ignoring that the GOP is 100% all-in on Trump and the idea of manipulating elections and discarding the results if they are not according to their wishes.  

These people have been empowered to consider and plan to manipulate election results and/or ignore them by the alarmingly large percentage of people who find this to be some kind of nothingburger.

So much this. After a couple of wines last night, MIL admitted she thinks the election was stolen. She wouldn’t elaborate further, but I have zero doubt in my mind she will be yanking the R lever again come 2022 and 2024. The further we get from Jan 6 and Dotard, the more they justify it in their minds. They know Dotard sucked, but they have convinced themselves it’s still better than the Dems. Somehow, some way.