Other Super Regionals thread

Beau Vine

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

No, and I coached as well. I know you cannot pull a pitcher unless he is hurt and had never seen that. 

huh, a pitcher in college has to throw one pitch(unless he gets hurt warming up) and that's it.

MLB put a 3 batter minimum rule in in 2020(unless you end the inning with less than 3 batters).

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

huh, a pitcher in college has to throw one pitch(unless he gets hurt warming up) and that's it.

MLB put a 3 batter minimum rule in in 2020(unless you end the inning with less than 3 batters).

Sorry man, did not know that. Thanks for clarifying and not being a dick. Oh wait, what site am I on!  

• Hook 'Em 1

I won’t slight Louisville (or tcu) and say they were given an easy path, but the big gift that aggy received was a top 8 seed.  They took advantage. 

Eta:  I’m going to walk that back after looking over their schedule. They performed very well against the good teams on their schedule. 

that highish rpi must have come from playing too many really bad teams. 

but they beat their good conference opponents, and beat us and tx st in midweek games. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

aggy is a pretty damn good team. They'll probably figure out a way to fuck it up in Omaha but I wouldn't be shocked if they won a couple. That catcher is a fiend behind the plate. 

And exceed their CWS win total for the entire history of their university?

Just now, Beau Vine said:

And exceed their CWS win total for the entire history of their university?

Believe Angels In The Outfield GIF

They don't seem very aggy as far as aggy teams go. I keep waiting for them to fuck it all up and they keep disappointing. Maybe they're just saving it for the bright lights of the CWS. 

What was their road record this season? 

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Believe Angels In The Outfield GIF

They don't seem very aggy as far as aggy teams go. I keep waiting for them to fuck it all up and they keep disappointing. Maybe they're just saving it for the bright lights of the CWS. 

What was their road record this season? 

12-6

3x lsu, bama, Georgia, vandy, ole miss

singles at Texas, rice, corpus. 

lost 2 to bama and one in the other series. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I do not member. 

On 6/7/2022 at 1:46 PM, Helobious said:

A&M is gonna hatefuck Louisville. Just have a feeling. Louisville’s had to play so much & their pitching is trash(ed).

On 6/7/2022 at 1:51 PM, Js1 said:

Louisville sweep guaranteed.

On 6/7/2022 at 1:59 PM, Pancho said:

Your rate of being correct over the years on claims made on this site is about 4%, you do know that right? 

On 6/7/2022 at 2:02 PM, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm fairly confident Louisville is winning now after Helobious posted that. 

See above

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Three posts, all defending aggy baseball.  Are you RICHARD Spencer perhaps?

Yes, I’m an Ag. I just was really impressed with UL. Not sure we’d beat them on the road. Sure scared the shit outta me.

• Fuck You 2

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Bro, is your A-Rod fuck toy broken? Or are you both a Yankee and an aggy fan? 

Hate the aggies. I just call it like I see it. Louisville wasn’t really impressive to me despite their big offensive numbers. I don’t see A&M making much noise in Omaha though. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Yes, I’m an Ag. I just was really impressed with UL. Not sure we’d beat them on the road. Sure scared the shit outta me.

That's why you get that top 8 seed.

Hope we meet up in Omaha. We have a little more work to do.

22 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Member when everyone said I was stupid for saying A&M would beat Louisville? I member…

It must feel good to have something stick despite standing in a river of all of the shit you throw that didn’t. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Why are you on a UT site? Oh, wait, because we are literate and not a bunch (for the most part) ass clowns. 

Welcome, don't be a dick. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Gahd the tshirts are going to be so cringe

Not as much as using cringe as an adjective.

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

Isn't their record like 2-11 or something?  

Think about those numbers...

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Three posts, all defending aggy baseball.  Are you RICHARD Spencer perhaps?

Well, he's clearly a dick.

So if we win tomorrow and get to Omaha, both aggy and us have to win our opening round games or both lose them to play. Not that I want to go to the losers bracket, but it would be sweet to continue their losing streak in Omaha by sending them home 2 and Q from the losers bracket. 

Honestly though Schloss has them playing really well (at least at home). With this side of the bracket being not that intimidating, I could see them getting to the semis only to have Tennessee send them home. But who knows, they could get away from Lysteria field and choke like they always do. 

Just now, UTEX_ME said:

So if we win tomorrow and get to Omaha, both aggy and us have to win our opening round games or both lose them to play. Not that I want to go to the losers bracket, but it would be sweet to continue their losing streak in Omaha by sending them home 2 and Q from the losers bracket. 

Honestly though Schloss has them playing really well (at least at home). With this side of the bracket being not that intimidating, I could see them getting to the semis only to have Tennessee send them home. But who knows, they could get away from Lysteria field and choke like they always do. 

King Of The Hill No GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Why are you the way you are?

10 hours ago, 66BUFF said:

Yeskie looks like a good coach.  What is so great about the other 2?

Schlossnagle is a master at assembling a staff,  e.g.,  TCU.    

Yeskie is recognized as a premier pitching coach in the NCAA.   At Oregon St during their run.   Note his mound visits, calculated,  not unecessarily,  the command he draws.  If he was here with the talent we have,  oh my...

Cain was LSU's recruiting coordinator for about 7-8 years,  recognized as one of the best.   Has contacts throughout the SEC and Nation and reportedly a versatile on field coach.   Great help to Schloss in navigating the SEC.

Earley is recognized as a young (5 years coaching,  played in White Sox orgn), respected hitting coach.  Did well at Ariz St.   West Coast recruiting ties,  may be responsible for their recent USC transfer.   Schloss got a recommendation from someone.

aggy stats aren't great but what matters is the job they did the first year with transfers (won the SEC West and going to Omaha) says all a person needs to know about coaching.    Experienced coaches who have coached at the highest level.     

People who have more knowledge echo the above including Kendall Rogers and Aaron Fitt. 

I dislike aggy as much as anyone,  but they have a good staff. 

Edited by torre
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1