Holy shit, this story: two young criminals get slap on the wrist (again), despite Dad's pleas for stiffer sentence.

Gil Bang

A father said he feels helpless after his two young sons were arrested for stealing guns from a gun store.

The father, who WINK News is not identifying, spoke about his two sons, ages 11 and 14, after they were arrested for stealing 22 guns on Wednesday from the Guns 4 Less in Cape Coral.

The boys, who WINK News is not naming or showing because of their ages, will spend 21 days in juvenile detention.

But that punishment is not enough for their father.

The boys’ dad said his older son is extremely troubled.

“All they keep doing is keep giving him 21 days, 21 days, a slap on the wrist,” the boys’ father said.

His elder son thinks he can get away with it, he said.

“I want them to stick him in boot camp or some sort of place you know where he has to follow rules because I’m trying and it’s not working and I don’t want to hurt the boy but he tries to jump on me and everything,” their father said.

Their father said he believes his sons wanted the guns to rob people. But, he is scared they will wind up dead or killing someone else.

Records show the Cape Coral Police Department was called 13 times in the past year to the home of the two young brothers.

The father said some of those times were him calling the cops on his own sons.

The father confirmed what police said about the 14-year-old, that he’s got a criminal record.

But his younger son is often coerced into bad behavior by his older brother, the father said.

“I don’t know what to do,” the father said.

The father said the police told him his two sons might be linked to dozens of other crimes.

“I’m finding out news that isn’t even on the news,” said their father.

This is not the first time the man sees his son on surveillance video on the news.

The 14-year-old’s history involves the crime at Larry’s Pawn Shop off Cleveland Avenue, where he and another unidentified boy smashed the glass door but didn’t get inside.  Afterward, the two went to a Wawa where he threatened the cashier with a hammer and stole e-cigarettes, according to the Cape Coral Police Department.

Larry’s Pawn Shop employee Jim said, “I just can’t believe they’d do something like that again they obviously didn’t learn their lesson, they learned that behavior from somewhere.”

In the most recent crime, the two boys are accused of planning and trying to pull off a bold crime, by busting into the Guns 4 Less store and stealing as many guns as they could carry, according to the Cape Coral police.

Cape Coral Police Department spokeswoman Master Sgt. Julie Green said, “They both smashed the display cases and began ransacking the entire business for a total of 22 guns, rifle and handgun magazines, and various calibers of ammunition.”

Elizabeth Pasquale lives near the boys, about a mile away from the gun store.

“Who would think about kids doing things like that. It’s unreal,” Pasquale said.

However, Pasquale said a couple of weeks ago, she saw them both running down her street with a gun.

“They were so realistic but I was thinking they were toy guns they were playing with,” Pasquale said.

Real or fake, Pasquale was scared.

WINK News asked if they believed the kids did this on their own or if were they working for someone?

Cape Coral police said that it’s unlikely that they worked with anyone.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Stealing 22 guns isn't trivial.

It’s not. Even as an adult, carrying a dozen guns in your arms through a broken pawn shop window is no easy feat.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

See how he likes spending a few years in prison at 14.

Good thing that Lobo is not here to post his thoughts on it.

45 minutes ago, slorch said:

I don't know...

Maybe be the fucking DAD in the equation??????

( i know, my expectations are fucked up)

Maybe he's trying and they just don't give a fuck. Some kids are just fucking shitty no matter what their parents do. Seems like he needs to send them to an involuntary program like a boot camp. Probably doesn't have the money to do so. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Maybe he's trying and they just don't give a fuck. Some kids are just fucking shitty no matter what their parents do. Seems like he needs to send them to an involuntary program like a boot camp. Probably doesn't have the money to do so. 

Oh boy.

Yeah life just has these people down.  Dad is helpless.

"Got damn that judge won't fix my fuck ups!!! I am powerless to raise/ correct/ guide my sons!!!"

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Yes because you have zero clue what that man might be going through. Empathy is not one of your strong suits. You've made that very obvious before. Should he start beating them? Should he ground them? Should he bind them to a chair? Two kids who don't give a shit and are already robbing fucking gun stores. Sorry, you rob a gun store, with all that's going on in the world, you should get more than 21 fucking days from our ridiculous justice system. He's saying to the justice system that he can't control them so try to do something before they go on to do something worse. 

those low expectations of yours are doing wonders for people...

I am very empathetic to the father.  I'm saying he needs to fucking be one and stop asking for the gov't to solve his shit.

You're judgy as fuck and like enabling folks( I guess.)  I am not that way.

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Your "you parents need to do this" is doing wonders too. 

I've never been arrested.

My kids have never been arrested.

Scoreboard, motherfucker.

We enable the living fuck out of shitty parents in our society.  We pay a steep fucking price for it.

11 and 14 years old running all over their dad?   LO-Fucking-L

Edited by slorch

22 minutes ago, futureman said:

can’t the dad send the kid to military school?  I know it isn’t free.  maybe someone who reads the story will become a benefactor. 

Like that goddamn Finklestein shit kid.  Sonovabitch!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Sorry, didn't your kid throw a rock through a car window?

Cool, fly your ass down to Cape Coral, Florida and tell the man exactly what to do. You have all the answers, Iceman. 

Nope.

He hit the rock with a bat.  Then he worked it off and paid for the guy's windshield.( of all the shit y'all mis-remember...LOLz)

Kids aren't perfect.  Robbing a fucking gun store is in the same category of behavior in your mind?

Edited by slorch

Just now, slorch said:

Nope.

He hit the rock with a bat.  Then he worked it off and paid for the guy's windshield.

Kids aren't perfect.  Robbing a fucking gun store is in the same category of behavior in your mind?

No, it's not and I already said they should get a stiffer fucking penalty than 21 days. Their dad said the exact same thing. And yeah, you're correct kids aren't perfect. Neither are parents. Sometimes kids are fucking shit no matter how hard a parent tries. But of course, you know everything about this situation because you read a tiny article on it.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

No, it's not and I already said they should get a stiffer fucking penalty than 21 days. Their dad said the exact same thing. And yeah, you're correct kids aren't perfect. Neither are parents. Sometimes kids are fucking shit no matter how hard a parent tries. But of course, you know everything about this situation because you read a tiny article on it.

You're right.  I've always lived in the burbs with my semi-perfect life.  2 parents and all.

I know nothing about that situation or environment.

Stop making excuses.

6 minutes ago, Bookman said:

This is a bizarre take.

Is it?

Dad is pissed at the justice system.  Why isn't he pissed enough to do something about it himself?

Gee, i wonder why the po-po  have been called to their home 13 fucking times. The father says  I don’t want to hurt the boy but he tries to jump on me and everything,”  

Edited by slorch

As I often do in these types of deals, I disagree with Slorch. 

IMO, the biggest problem we've got in this country is parents that don't give a shit, or aren't there at all. This dad is there, and he cares.  He's just at the end of his rope dealing with  a shithead and another following in his footsteps.   

What's Dad supposed to do?  Beat the fucking older one senseless and end up in jail himself, and for a lot longer than 21 days?

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

What's Dad supposed to do?  Beat the fucking older one senseless and end up in jail himself, and for a lot longer than 21 days?

exactly. the oldest is physical with him (the dad), and who knows how big he is. if he bullies the younger one into participating, it's entirely possible his sons could beat the shit out of him. or, you know, shoot him with a stolen gun. 

slorch's take is terrible. 

• Hook 'Em 7

3 minutes ago, mchookem said:

exactly. the oldest is physical with him (the dad), and who knows how big he is. if he bullies the younger one into participating, it's entirely possible his sons could beat the shit out of him. or, you know, shoot him with a stolen gun. 

slorch's take is terrible. 

Mine is a shit-ton more effective than that bullshit.

Y'all seem to embrace the excuses and enabling we have going on these days.

"Why is society so fucked up these days?"

" because dad couldn't stand up to his 14 year old son."

Are you fucking kidding me?

18 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

What's Dad supposed to do? 

#1 start before they are fucking 14, for first thing

#2 shut everything down with regard to privileges/ access to freedom/ whatever until desired behavior is achieved.

#3 be the example of why the right choices work better.

#4 I never beat my kids, as you might recall, i was removed from my birth family because of abuse/ neglect.  that being said, if kid ever verbally, much less physically assaulted anyone in the home, they would receive immediate and intense correction. See Point #1 again.

It isn't nearly as difficult as some of y'all make it sound, but it does require diligence and constant effort.

13 fucking cop visits to home in a year... and it's the criminal justice system's fault.  m-kay...

25 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

As I often do in these types of deals, I disagree with Slorch. 

IMO, the biggest problem we've got in this country is parents that don't give a shit, or aren't there at all. This dad is there, and he cares.  He's just at the end of his rope dealing with  a shithead and another following in his footsteps.   

The biggest problem is that I'm sure this state is being run by a soft-on-crime Dem governor!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Stealing 22 guns isn't trivial. Kid should be tried as an adult. This seems fairly straightforward to me. See how he likes spending a few years in prison at 14.

That's insane.

I gotta know more about what's going on in that home.  Could be a single father.  Could be just a really psychotic older kid.

That actually happens sometimes, and not even super Slorch is up to that.

Also, that article states that they will be held for 21 days after their arraignment.  That's not the final punishment.  Sounds like the older kid needs to be institutionalized.

Edited by TwiceHorn

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Sounds like the older kid needs to be institutionalized.

Yeah maybe he needs mental help or something but he needs to be locked up somewhere. Or at the least have his ass worn out at military school or the like.

Some people are just wired poorly, though with teens it may be more hormonal based issues.  14 year old sounds like a sociopath who needs real psychiatric help, not 21 days in Juvie for the umpteenth time.  5% of our population qualifies as Psychopath or Sociopath, and there are just some people that won't learn how to handle their emotions on their own. It sounds like these kids are gonna keep doing this until they get tried as adults and put away for a very long time. What a shame that a community has to endure the grief they create because they can't get proper help.  

Psychopath Vs. Sociopath visual representation and statistics

Edited by Dutchrudder
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

Yeah maybe he needs mental help or something but he needs to be locked up somewhere. Or at the least have his ass worn out at military school or the like.

For all the shit child molesters get in prison, I am reasonably sure a 14 year old would get his ass worn out in a different way in an adult prison.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Imagine how different your life would be if that hadn’t happened. Or if you had ended up passed around in the foster care system instead of the family you ended up with.

Or imagine you were a single dad and your oldest boy had mental issues or substance abuse issues or both. 

You were also blessed with health and intelligence, which played a big part in your ultimate success. Because you overcame great odds you expect everyone else to. That is not empathy 

survivorship_bias.png

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Slorch was born for this thread.

Surly- "Too many people are in prisons.  Stop filling them up"

Surly- "We can't control our children, put them in a prison camp."

Which way y'all want it?

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

LOL at Super Slorch.  

That's not it at all.

Dad needs to get off his ass and do something about it.

Not sure why that seems so fucking impossible.  Even a  worthless, below- average dude like myself can do it.

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Imagine how different your life would be if that hadn’t happened. Or if you had ended up passed around in the foster care system instead of the family you ended up with.

Or imagine you were a single dad and your oldest boy had mental issues or substance abuse issues or both. 

You were also blessed with health and intelligence, which played a big part in your ultimate success. Because you overcame great odds you expect everyone else to. That is not empathy 

None of those factors exist in the story.  If they were factors, why would CPS not be involved at the behest of the police?  Bottom line is that they are running all over daddy, and instead of doing something about it, he calls the cops/ blames the criminal justice system.

Keep throwing out excuses though.

You're right, i don't pity weak-ass parents.  I want them to do their job.  Empathy =/= enabling.

Edited by slorch

Just now, slorch said:

None of those factors exist in the story.  If they were factors, why would CPS not be involved at the behest of the police?  Bottom line is that they are running all over daddy, and instead of doing something about it, he calls the cops/ blames the criminal justice system.

Keep throwing out excuses though.

Oh so now you trust CPS to make good decisions for the welfare of children? What kind of republican are you?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

Oh so now you trust CPS to make good decisions for the welfare of children? What kind of republican are you?

LOLz.  One that isn't?

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Yeah you’re not a republican you just vote for them 100% of the time

I am fiscally conservative.   I don't have a fucking political affiliation. i did not vote GOP in the last Presidential Election.  But enough CR.

Edited by slorch