Georgia and their collective

Longhornfrenzy

The Classic City Collective, founded with the goal of positioning Georgia athletes from all 21 sports for sustained success, has announced an NIL facilitation platform. The newly created company hopes to connect Dawg Nation with student athletes though unique engagement opportunities which create a sustainable NIL structure.

CEO Matt Hibbs is joined by Director of Operations John Staton IV, a former Georgia linebacker who played on the 2021 national championship team. Hibbs previously spent time as an athletics administrator and agent with experience at Georgia, Miami, Ohio State and Tennessee.

FYI this is highly illegal

Screenshot_20220612-092349.jpg

Screenshot_20220612-092355.jpg

Screenshot_20220612-092404.jpg

Screenshot_20220612-092411.jpg

Screenshot_20220612-092416.jpg

Screenshot_20220612-092423.jpg

Screenshot_20220612-092443.jpg

Screenshot_20220612-092448.jpg

How is the formation of their classic city collective and public announcement thereof, that they all know about, different than our formation of collectives and public announcements thereof, such that there’s is tactful and ours is blatant blasting out?

plus isn’t aggy still denying they are doing NIL and instead insisting that people just want to go there and the staff are great salesmen?

people, especially dumb people, have to rationalize things to have that feeling of superiority where it doesn’t actually exist.

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

How is the formation of their classic city collective and public announcement thereof, that they all know about, different than our formation of collectives and public announcements thereof, such that there’s is tactful and ours is blatant blasting out?

plus isn’t aggy still denying they are doing NIL and instead insisting that people just want to go there and the staff are great salesmen?

people, especially dumb people, have to rationalize things to have that feeling of superiority where it doesn’t actually exist.

Is UTjr a reference to Texas or Tennessee? I’d assume Texas given they’re in the SEC, but it’s also more likely a Georgia fan would take a swipe at the Vols than Texas. Probably the most cited NIL deal I’ve seen is the $8m deal for the high school QB for Tennessee. Plus I’ve seen plenty of references from Tennessee fans regarding their collective (“largest collective in college sports!”). 

I guess my point would be it could be clearer who the poster is referring to here.

Perhaps "This is illegal" is in reference to a former Georgia player (John Staton), that is Director of Operations for a Georgia NIL collective, who is hosting Arch Manning on a vacation. 

I have no idea what laws, if any, cover a recruit meeting with NIL boosters.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

NIL is the least of Manning's concerns. He knows he is going to get national deals at any major university and we have proven already that we have the base to match anyone locally. This is good for Georgia moving forward and gets them in the game, but I dont think this moves the needle for Arch.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Perhaps "This is illegal" is in reference to a former Georgia player (John Staton), that is Director of Operations for a Georgia NIL collective, who is hosting Arch Manning on a vacation. 

It would only be illegal if he did it after becoming CEO of said collective, I believe. Before that, he is just a Georgia jock sniffer.

Edited by Vertigo

2 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Preexisting familial friends hanging out at the beach isn’t a crime and the number of Manning family friends that are involved in coaching, as agents, as “boosters”, have kids actively playing on one team or another, etc is going to be everyone they know.

this is much ado about nothing. 

19 hours ago, TriStone said:

Not us.  We'll follow the rules down to the letter, even if the rules are never enforced.

I’m interested and would like to hear @RGBIII or @closetojumping thoughts lately on how Plonsky has shifted in the new era. I know we’re doing everything by the book as far as burnt ends and HWH but is she still being a pest?

18 hours ago, golfclap said:

Preexisting familial friends hanging out at the beach isn’t a crime and the number of Manning family friends that are involved in coaching, as agents, as “boosters”, have kids actively playing on one team or another, etc is going to be everyone they know.

this is much ado about nothing. 

No one is saying it's a crime, but that it could be an NIL violation, whether they knew each other beforehand or not. That prior relationship status wouldn't mean diddly dick.... in a world where the ncaa had the balls to do shit about it. 

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’m interested and would like to hear @RGBIII or @closetojumping thoughts lately on how Plonsky has shifted in the new era. I know we’re doing everything by the book as far as burnt ends and HWH but is she still being a pest?

Not at all, compliance is a complete non issue and we have a great working relationship with them

• Hook 'Em 1