Dark Winds AMC

WBT

On 6/14/2022 at 8:46 AM, thrillhammer said:

it was okay.  it kind of had a cheesy, made for tv movie look to it.  script was weak, acting wasn't great.  

Damn sounds like it really sucks, wouldn't want to waste time on that. 

On 6/14/2022 at 8:46 AM, thrillhammer said:

i'm in for the season.  

Outer Space Omg GIF by NASA

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The finale was last night.  I thought it was a pretty good series overall.  I liked the 3 cop characters and agent Stan going bad was fun.  It's unfortunate that the cave scenes in the finale looked pretty cheaply done.  It was renewed for a 2nd season so it'll be back sometime next year.

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I like the show, but I agree, they got shafted by the white man on the budget.

Tells you something when even Robert Redford and George RR Martin couldn’t convince the network to put more money into this. 

• 1 month later...

I've got opinions about this show... it is rated 100% on rotten tomatoes and it's an AMC show.  I see that and I think wow, AMC made breaking bad and better call saul and even they didn't get 100%, that means this show has to be amazing.  well, it's not that great and most of the time seems like it was written and filmed by students; it is nowhere close to what vince gilligan produces.  if breaking bad is major league baseball this show is intramural coed softball at texas a&m.  and I get it, it used indigenous writers and indigenous actors and so it's very, very important.  whatever.  the critics can still admit that the show is flawed and it's disingenuous of them not to do so.

1 hour ago, futureman said:

I've got opinions about this show... it is rated 100% on rotten tomatoes and it's an AMC show.  I see that and I think wow, AMC made breaking bad and better call saul and even they didn't get 100%, that means this show has to be amazing.  well, it's not that great and most of the time seems like it was written and filmed by students; it is nowhere close to what vince gilligan produces.  if breaking bad is major league baseball this show is intramural coed softball at texas a&m.  and I get it, it used indigenous writers and indigenous actors and so it's very, very important.  whatever.  the critics can still admit that the show is flawed and it's disingenuous of them not to do so.

I've got opinions on an entertainment rating site that doesn't tell you anything about the sample size when you click on "see score details." 

It's not as good as Breaking Bad, but I suspect that you're probably the only person using that criteria as a benchmark. 

I also have opinions about Robert Redford and George R.R. Martin being compared to intramural coed softball and/or "students."

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

3 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I also have opinions about Robert Redford and George R.R. Martin being compared to intramural coed softball and/or "students."

how involved do you really think they were?  the show is not well-made.  and rotten tomatoes is simply a quick way to access multiple reviews.  and seeing that not a single critic gave a sub-standard rating to a show that is very clearly sub-standard is irritating.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, futureman said:

how involved do you really think they were?  the show is not well-made.  and rotten tomatoes is simply a quick way to access multiple reviews.  and seeing that not a single critic gave a sub-standard rating to a show that is very clearly sub-standard is irritating.

I don't agree that it was sub-standard, aside from certain aspects the cave set looking like a cheap museum display.

I think it was at least standard, if not super-standard, supra-standard, sur-standard, or even meta-standard. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were going to watch but wife looked it up on Does the Dog Die and it said yes so we’re not watching.

Can someone tell me the circumstances of the dog’s demise? I mean she cries for the rabid dog in to kill a mockingbird and no way did she let our son see Old Yeller.

• 4 weeks later...

Season two is much improved and IMO that’s saying something! One peeve is the staging. Way too many of the buildings, especially the “rich folks” houses are just way too modern for the 70’s. I guess it’s my building background, but high end windows, doors and finishes from today in houses that are supposed to be in the early 70’s. That stuff wasn’t even close to being on the horizon back then. The 70’s were all about aluminum single pane, paneling, and shag carpeting. Not high end Southwest design! Also not enough rayon or polyester…It really was a strange time in America.