Nice dinner in Galveston?

Brisketexan

On 6/14/2022 at 9:14 AM, Muny_Tex said:

If you want to be creative then just go to the front bar / lounge deal at Vargas (no reservations) for a couple early drinks and apps; Astros game should be on too. Then go (e.g. walk) wherever for your dinner. It’s a cool vibe in there and service has been good in my experience.

This is a good recommendation.  If you dont want to eat at the bar they might be able to fit you in after a couple of drinks.  The wait will be worth it.  Some of the best service you will ever see at a restaurant.

I'll add last year we hit up Saltwater Grill and we were more than impressed.  We hit it again this year while down again for a cheer competition, it wasn't quite as good but wondering if they are having supply issues like all other places.  I'd give it a go again but I may hit up some of these recs next year.  Not food related but we stayed at the Diamond Beach Club Resort and was really impressed, great pools several outdoor and 1 indoor, lazy river, slide (when open).  Media room you can rent out, game room with shuffleboard, pool, pinball, arcade games (all free).  Great stay, even my wife (no pics), who hates Galveston, said she would come back there for a weekend getaway (she grew up on the emerald coast of Florida).