Toby Keith has cancer

Gil Bang

9 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

As the legend goes, Keith came out of the theater’s basement to wish Nelson a happy birthday. He then saw Kristofferson and quipped, “None of that lefty shit out there tonight, Kris” – a reference to Kristofferson’s left-leaning political views.

“What the f–k did you just say to me?” Kristofferson replied. “You ever worn your country’s uniform?” 

“You heard the question, you just don’t like the answer,” Kristofferson continued. “Have you ever served your country? The answer is, no, you have not. Have you ever killed another man? Huh? Have you ever taken another man’s life and then cashed the check your country gave you for doing it? No, you have not. So shut the f–k up!”

I love that story, but I thought it was proven fake or something?

Toby Keith sucks, but cancer sucks way more. Hope he kicks it and gets back to making his shitty music.

16 hours ago, NWBuck said:

Stomach cancer... ugh. Get well soon, TK

(although, having eaten at his restaurant, this totally tracks)

That's a shitty one.  Went to a funeral last week of my daughter's bestie's dad who passed from stomach cancer.  Fuck cancer.

Say what you will about TK and his music or anyone else's for that matter and likewise for their politics.  You can turn it off if you want, still be friends with them if you want and so forth. 

Potentially life-ending cancer is a rough go for the individual, their loved ones and those close to them.  

Put a boot in its ass, Toby.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, deadshank said:

Say what you will about TK and his music or anyone else's for that matter and likewise for their politics.  You can turn it off if you want, still be friends with them if you want and so forth. 

Potentially life-ending cancer is a rough go for the individual, their loved ones and those close to them.  

Put a boot in its ass, Toby.

Yeah, he and Willie are friendly, and their politics are miles apart. 

Of course, Willie's dumps are cooler than the fucking sooner asshole will ever be, but that's beside the point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think Kristofferson has politely dismissed it as untrue. 
Nobody believes him.

I posted a link a while back to a write up that seemed to raise some legit questions as to whether it actually happened.

I really hope it did.
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

As the legend goes, Keith came out of the theater’s basement to wish Nelson a happy birthday. He then saw Kristofferson and quipped, “None of that lefty shit out there tonight, Kris” – a reference to Kristofferson’s left-leaning political views.

“What the f–k did you just say to me?” Kristofferson replied. “You ever worn your country’s uniform?” 

“You heard the question, you just don’t like the answer,” Kristofferson continued. “Have you ever served your country? The answer is, no, you have not. Have you ever killed another man? Huh? Have you ever taken another man’s life and then cashed the check your country gave you for doing it? No, you have not. So shut the f–k up!”

Kristofferson’s real name? Albert Einstein. 

47 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Toby is a good dude, been close friends with my uncle since they used to be bouncers at Billy Bobs back in the day. A buddy told me TK played this little shit bar on 730 in Azle a few weeks back.

What the hell did he have against that bar?

• Haha 3

KK has apparently said “I have no memory of talking so tough to anyone at Willie’s birthday party…."

But then he also said: 

Kristofferson then told the Star Tribune that he doesn’t even remember the exchange with Keith, but his wife does.

“That’s something that happened six years ago,” he said. “I can’t even remember what I had for breakfast.”

Also, if it didn't happen, why didn't Toby Keith sue Rolling Stone? You know why? Because it totally fucking happened.

Anyway, the dude sucks but I don't wish cancer on (almost) anyone. Hope he pulls through.

• Hook 'Em 1

KK has apparently said “I have no memory of talking so tough to anyone at Willie’s birthday party…."
But then he also said: 
Kristofferson then told the Star Tribune that he doesn’t even remember the exchange with Keith, but his wife does.
“That’s something that happened six years ago,” he said. “I can’t even remember what I had for breakfast.”
Also, if it didn't happen, why didn't Toby Keith sue Rolling Stone? You know why? Because it totally fucking happened.
Anyway, the dude sucks but I don't wish cancer on (almost) anyone. Hope he pulls through.

Sounds like people had been drinking and talked some shit, as people who have been drinking do on occasion. It also sounds like all involved are gracious enough to let it go. We probably should too.

That shit totally happened though.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 1:06 AM, Hank Scorpio said:

no Rhodes Scholar smack?

• 4 months later...
On 6/13/2022 at 1:06 AM, Hank Scorpio said:

I mean, he played in the USFL.