The University of Texas @ Omaha, Session #38 Official Thread

TrashMaster G

On 2/22/2022 at 2:14 PM, ztejas said:

I would be fucking stunned if this team doesn't get to Omaha. But let's see how we do against bammer and swamp tiger. 

On 3/16/2022 at 4:04 AM, SOBMarcos said:

Don’t you feel like a horses ass now

Witt was healthy when I made that claim. But can't say I'm feeling much like a horse's ass right now. @SOBMarcos how we feeling? 

• Hook 'Em 2

Pierce must really see something that I don't about Sthele and Southard. He keeps sending them out there and, after the Big 12 Tournament anyway, they keep getting it done. 

They keep doing that and we get great starts we can win this.

But Gordon and Hansen have to be better than they were this weekend. We survived bad starts by those guys, but we cannot survive too many more.

Edited by Valmy77

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

What’s the scouting report on ND? I assume a bunch of old timey Irish with curly mustaches named Paddy and Mick. 

They have some good arms. 5 guys who have thrown at least 25 innings and have ERA’s under 4.00. They can swing it too. Should have been a top 8 seed this year and somehow didn’t even host a regional.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Pierce must really see something that I don't about Sthele and Southard. He keeps sending them out there and, after the Big 12 Tournament anyway, they keep getting it done. 

But Gordon and Hansen have to be better than they were this weekend. We survived bad starts by those guys, but we cannot survive too many more.

I see what he sees in Southard. I don’t know what he sees in Sthele, but he’s also coming off of TJ so I’ve not given up hope on him.

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

They have some good arms. 5 guys who have thrown at least 25 innings and have ERA’s under 4.00. They can swing it too. Should have been a top 8 seed this year and somehow didn’t even host a regional.

They are really good and have that Team of Destiny thing going on. They can beat you 1-0 or 10-9. This is the best team we have played in awhile.

We can do it though.

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This team is more dangerous than last years team if they get the Tristan Stevens from tonight. 

This lineup is miles better than last year. 

Even with the bullpen issues if you get Stevens pitching like that it’s one of the top rotations with an excellent defense behind them.  

I think we should be the favorite. Win game 1 and it will be difficult to keep us out of the final imo. 

Obviously anything can happen. Seems like this team has battled a lot harder to get here than last year's squad, though, and I think that's going to end up mattering. 

Game 1 against ND is going to be massive. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I think we should be the favorite. Win game 1 and it will be difficult to keep us out of the final imo. 

Obviously anything can happen. Seems like this team has battled a lot harder to get here than last year's squad, though, and I think that's going to end up mattering. 

Game 1 against ND is going to be massive. 

Our bracket is very winnable, but it's critical for us to win the first two.

Either Stanford or Oregon State (if they advance) would be tough matchups if we make the Finals.

10 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

How cool must this be for Skyler? He spends all that time in the armpit of Big XII baseball at Kansas, transfers over and now he's headed to the Mecca of college baseball.

He has been a helluva player for us, too!

Hook'em, Skyler! Glad you came to Austin.

One of my favorites this year. Very happy he did the right thing ...

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

One thing that has been driving me nuts since 2009 is we keep losing the opening game. Four straight appearances we start 0-1. That kept both 2014 and 2021 out of the finals. 

Let's end that streak this year.

Let’s just go 5-0 so we don’t have to worry about that shit 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Texas should still use Stevens out of the bullpen in the first two games if they need him. Win the first 2 games and then you can rest him for game 3 or chase the win if you need him out of the bullpen. 

Using Stevens as a reliever and starter works even better in this setting if you can win the first 2 games. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

How cool must this be for Skyler? He spends all that time in the armpit of Big XII baseball at Kansas, transfers over and now he's headed to the Mecca of college baseball.

He has been a helluva player for us, too!

Hook'em, Skyler! Glad you came to Austin.

Made himself some righteous bucks this year too. 

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Texas should still use Stevens out of the bullpen in the first two games if they need him. Win the first 2 games and then you can rest him for game 3 or chase the win if you need him out of the bullpen. 

Using Stevens as a reliever and starter works even better in this setting if you can win the first 2 games. 

Jacknicholsonyes.gif

Was awesome to see Horns just bitchslap ECU and  completely shut their fans & jungle up. 

My son has All Stars for LL so only way I get to Omaha is if Horns keep winning so let’s go Texas!! Just a bracket full of assholes in Domer, Sooners and A&M. 

4 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

One thing that has been driving me nuts since 2009 is we keep losing the opening game. Four straight appearances we start 0-1. That kept both 2014 and 2021 out of the finals. 

Let's end that streak this year.

Was just thinking last night how critical it is to win your opening game.  Makes everything easier.

42 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Was just thinking last night how critical it is to win your opening game.  Makes everything easier.

It's critical to win the first two games. If you lose your 2nd, you end up in the same shit heap. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

There were three misplayed balls behind Lucas.  That infield at ECU was problematic, and it won't be at TD Ameritrade.  Lucas would have had a much easier time with his pitch count had we made some plays that we ususally make.  Your point about needing Pete and Lucas to be good is correct; we need to win the first two.

It would be great to see last night's version of Tristan again too.  😉

Edited by cochamps

32 minutes ago, Bookman said:

And after the 2nd game, it's critical to win the 3rd.

The 3rd game is the only one you can lose that doesn't put you at a disadvantage to your competition.

Edited by B00M
  • Hook 'Em 1