The University of Texas @ Omaha, Session #38 Official Thread

TrashMaster G

8 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Meh. That is like listing UNLV as being from Paradise, Nevada. But I guess being technically correct is the best kind of correct.

I'm agreeing with you. They probably just looked at the first address they saw on Google and didn't think any further.

Some EWP stuff.

Team - CWS Finals - National Champs

Notre Dame - 24.45% - 11.87%
Texas - 32.22% - 17.19%
Texas A&M - 23.65% - 11.10%
Oklahoma - 19.68% - 8.73%

Stanford - 28.95% - 15.50%
Arkansas - 22.01% - 10.51%
Mississippi - 27.55% - 14.55%
Auburn - 21.49% - 10.54%

image.png.8f9c266f8c1d04c5ffc531e3cbb0a595.png

Park factors not taken into account, OFF and DEF just mean run scoring, every game treated as just as important (so midweek games count the same as weekend), etc. The usual caveats.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

Probably more to it but think they dropped it due to Title IX. Chose soccer over baseball, I believe. If DBU can be good, SMU could’ve been good. 

Yeah, a friend of my dad's played at SMU way back.  UTEP also had baseball at one time (Mike Maddux played there). The other Texas program that surprises me by not playing baseball is UNT.  

I'm sure it's been covered but a couple of quick questions for anyone that can help.  We're talking about trying to go to the Sunday night game if everything goes our way.  We haven't made any plans but are fine with driving.  What are the chances of getting tickets and a place to stay?  What is the best way to get tickets?

1 hour ago, Gale Snoats said:

I'm sure it's been covered but a couple of quick questions for anyone that can help.  We're talking about trying to go to the Sunday night game if everything goes our way.  We haven't made any plans but are fine with driving.  What are the chances of getting tickets and a place to stay?  What is the best way to get tickets?

Beat up an aggy and steal theirs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Where the hell can one find those old ass CWS recap shows that were 30min or an hour that gave a rundown of each game but covered the entire cws tourney. ESPN used to play them back in the day, we’re talking 80s cws years. I don’t even know what or how to search for them. 

one more question -- we're talking about driving up Saturday and staying somewhere Saturday night.  any suggestions on somewhere fun to spend the night bw here and there?  we'll have a 8 and 10 year old with us so things like the worlds largest ball of twine or (second) biggest hole are in our wheelhouse.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, bluto said:

Where the hell can one find those old ass CWS recap shows that were 30min or an hour that gave a rundown of each game but covered the entire cws tourney. ESPN used to play them back in the day, we’re talking 80s cws years. I don’t even know what or how to search for them. 

I have no idea man. I had the 1983, 1984, 1985, 1989, and 2002 ones on VHS and the 2004 and 2005 ones on DVD but when I went to find the 2009 one after our run that year they not only seemingly ceased to be made but seemingly fell off the face of the earth. I cannot find them anywhere, not even youtube or something. There are not even old ones for sale on ebay. They are just gone.

Plenty of old games on Youtube, but not the highlight shows. But hey you can watch us win the 1983 championship here: 

2002 here:

And 2005 here:

• Hook 'Em 3

Oh cool! There is one out there. Nice find!

FYI: The statue outside of the stadium comes from Creighton's team at the 1991 series. The only year the hometown team played. You can probably find that moment in the video.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Maybe someday I will dig out my old videos and DVDs and upload them to Youtube. Probably expensive to convert those old VHS to a video format.

Upload em and you can make money off of the tens of views us degenerates would watch over the next decade. 

seriously though, digitizing vhs is pretty damn cheap from the one time I hired it out. Have to imagine somebody on here has the machinery anyhow. 

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Maybe someday I will dig out my old videos and DVDs and upload them to Youtube. Probably expensive to convert those old VHS to a video format.

Please do. I’ll even help finance. Just let me find a cash machine 

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Gale Snoats said:

one more question -- we're talking about driving up Saturday and staying somewhere Saturday night.  any suggestions on somewhere fun to spend the night bw here and there?  we'll have a 8 and 10 year old with us so things like the worlds largest ball of twine or (second) biggest hole are in our wheelhouse.  

Where are you driving from? Austin? OKC is your best bet geographically and while I've never been I'm sure there are things for kids to do - like learning how to steal your neighbor's cable or seeing the nation's largest contiguous trailer park. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

25 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Please do. I’ll even help finance. Just let me find a cash machine 

About $24.  Must have your own source (VHS cassette player, camcorder, DVD player with composite outputs, etc.)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PS2TD9L/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07PS2TD9L&pd_rd_w=Si42u&content-id=amzn1.sym.f9710d1d-8ae7-460f-b546-5e6e42fbe82a&pf_rd_p=f9710d1d-8ae7-460f-b546-5e6e42fbe82a&pf_rd_r=Y1T3VPR0BY1B11ZRXPEA&pd_rd_wg=BUSTu&pd_rd_r=d7c4124a-127d-4cb4-9d57-1253d247f4f5&s=electronics&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUE5UVFEM1lEWlJMNEsmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAyMzQ1MTUxT1AwQk9HRDgzSzZIJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA1OTQzMzgxQVBXNkFMSVUxNksmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWwyJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

UCEC USB 2.0 Video Capture Card Device, VHS VCR TV to DVD Converter for Mac OS X PC Windows 7 8 10 11

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

OK, so we are the underdogs. Cool. I like that. Fuck aggy and the sooners. And for good measure the Irish as well. May all their mascots get into fights after drinking the Nebraska equivalent of moonshine. I wish I could draw.  

Well except we aren’t. All the other stuff is good stuff though.

• Hook 'Em 2