The University of Texas @ Omaha, Session #38 Official Thread

TrashMaster G

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

Two 105 ropes to 3rd getting snagged is just bad batting imo. Ags going to fuck us sideways.

I mean, that's just two hits, maybe both doubles. Ok.  Another two runs if things go well.

Trying to defend our hitting based on two scorchers that were robbed is kinda foolish.  It's not like we were being robbed at the fence and on the infield every inning.

2 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

But let's hold something back for the series against Stanford.

Never. You don't hold shit back in elimination games. All in every game.

You worry about tomorrow if you actually get there.

Edited by Valmy77

11 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

They’re not impressive as they made Tennessee look stupid at home. Geez

Tennessee averaged 7 runs per game. Their O didn’t look stupid. 

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Not really but whatever 

It was. And we still hit the ball hard. They pounded the zone and dared us to hit. And we hit some but as some others have said, we had a couple guys have multiple bad ABs in important situations. Can’t win that way against good teams. 

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I mean, that's just two hits, maybe both doubles. Ok.  Another two runs if things go well.

Trying to defend our hitting based on two scorchers that were robbed is kinda foolish.  It's not like we were being robbed at the fence and on the infield every inning.

No their pitching staff did a great job. We have to be much better if we are going to replicate last year.

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Well they have the 11th best team ERA in the country so it seems like it usually is.

What do we have, 17th?  Both staffs are average. Texas offense failed to show. 

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

200 teams in college baseball, top 20 is average… keep going

I don’t really pay attention beyond about 50 teams. 8 are in CWS. Our offense didn’t show up and was anti-clutch. Your turn. 

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

They also lost 7-3 in a game 3 with spent pitching. Stahp.

What lost Tenn the series?  Their pitching or their offense?  I watched the whole series. ND murdered the ball all weekend. 

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Clearly 

Yeah I pay attention to teams that matter. You can go focus on Texas St and Dallas Baptist. Texas and ND have average staffs, period. 

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

I don’t really pay attention beyond about 50 teams. 8 are in CWS. Our offense didn’t show up and was anti-clutch. Your turn. 

And it will have to show up if we are going to stay long. Nothing more to say really.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Tennessee averaged 7 runs per game. Their O didn’t look stupid. 

Cool. They only had over 7 runs once, but hey I guess one game helps that. But only scoring 3 on Sunday with that lineup is pretty bad. Maybe, just maybe, ND’s staff is good. 

1 minute ago, MirrOlure said:

Well, Crystal Gayle and her and Loretta’s sister Peggy Sue brought heart and soul to their performance tonight.

Thank god 70+ year old women provided a distraction for me to avoid watching a gutless performance 20 something year old dudes.

I’m blaming you for this. We needed the reverse jinx from you

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

And it will have to show up if we are going to stay long. Nothing more to say really.

Fair enough. Again I’m being a grumpy bitch tonight. I’m sorry. My sons team lost to an inferior team from Tennessee whilst i was streaming Horns. I had 10 beers in 2 hours. 

3 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Cool. They only had over 7 runs once, but hey I guess one game helps that. But only scoring 3 on Sunday with that lineup is pretty bad. Maybe, just maybe, ND’s staff is good. 

They had 6, 12, and 3. That’s a 7-run average.  I’m sorry for spouting facts. 

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Even compared to the top 8 teams here, ND has the best ERA and WHIP in this CWS.

Yeah, idk man. ND faced one of the best lineups in college baseball but it was their bats that struck out the Tennessee hitters. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Well, Crystal Gayle and her and Loretta’s sister Peggy Sue brought heart and soul to their performance tonight.

Thank god 70+ year old women provided a distraction for me to avoid watching a gutless performance 20 something year old dudes.

Hodo made my brown eyes blue.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Do you know what the word average means?

Yeah, I do. I’m just gonna go fuck myself right now. Fuck Aggy. I love you all and I’m sorry. Off Surly, and on to brown water. 

2 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

You win some you lose some, but it always pisses me off when a Texas team (in any sport) is not really competitive in a big game.  But, I am used to it.

I thought it was pretty hard fought. But then I really really want us to win so I might have seen intensity there where there wasn't. Maybe Notre Dame is over there thinking it was a laugher, I don't know.

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

Well if we get to play 3 vs ND let’s revisit this.

Again, just stating facts in response to a comment about their pitching staff making Tennessee look stupid. That wasn’t the case. 

Just now, ImissWallyPryor said:

Good news for Texas that will heal all wounds… lol  

My DIL’s friend tweeted that her daughter fainted while in waiting in line at the game. Her friend thanked the wonderful Texas fans behind them. She didn’t elaborate further.

So, a tip-o-the hat to those Texas fans.

Well we know it wasn't Nicole 

• Haha 2

Doesn't matter. We lost and it really doesn't matter at all how you lose here. Any losing sucks crap.

Got to turn it around on Sunday, hopefully start hitting well and start sending teams home. At least I hope Ivan Melendez puts on a show for a few games.

• Like 1

Just now, ImissWallyPryor said:

Good news for Texas that will heal all wounds… lol  

My DIL’s friend tweeted that her daughter fainted while in waiting in line at the game. Her friend thanked the wonderful Texas fans behind them. She didn’t elaborate further.

So, a tip-o-the hat to those Texas fans.

How on earth did we help her find the ballpark when she was already there?

• Like 1