The University of Texas @ Omaha, Session #38 Official Thread

TrashMaster G

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I'm truly impressed.  As long as you don't lose and pull a full aggy and talk about how bright the future is and your guaranteed 10 championships coming up.  I mean, this is some serious pants shitting but you're totally sticking to the bit.  Props!

2 on no out with a power hitter up…

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Beer Drinker said:

Why the hell didnt we bunt there?

2 minutes ago, Hammerin Hank said:

Why not bunt with Trey there?

Yeah it seems we consistently won't bunt with RISP & no outs, then we bunt with 1 out. Stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, wood said:

Yeah it seems we consistently won't bunt with RISP & no outs, then we bunt with 1 out. Stupid.

We haven’t liked to bunt with 1st and 2nd no out under Pierce. I get that you don’t want to waste the out with a runner in scoring position but you have the chance to put 2 guys in scoring in a 3 run game and it’s the best part of your lineup due up after. Just stupid

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

We haven’t liked to bunt with 1st and 2nd no out under Pierce. I get that you don’t want to waste the out with a runner in scoring position but you have the chance to put 2 guys in scoring in a 3 run game and it’s the best part of your lineup due up after. Just stupid

Then again he just missed a hit there. God fucking dammit we can’t catch a break. We’re good. Keep it up Southard. The runs will come 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Especially with a strikeout machine up to bat

So explain “best part of our lineup” to me again?