The University of Texas @ Omaha, Session #38 Official Thread

TrashMaster G

Just now, Redneck Mutha said:

Yeah.  I guess?

Gotdamn needed something there.  LFG Jared.

Hodo just missed a blooper, faltine just got under it and kennedy just hit it in the wrong spot. These balls will start dropping. It’s only the 4th 

• Drool 1

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Then again he just missed a hit there. God fucking dammit we can’t catch a break. We’re good. Keep it up Southard. The runs will come 

I don’t give a shit. He has 100+ Ks this season, it’s 3 run game, we can put 2 in scoring position for Hodo. You catch breaks by putting pressure on the opposition and as usual we don’t do that

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

I don’t give a shit. He has 100+ Ks this season, it’s 3 run game, we can put 2 in scoring position for Hodo. You catch breaks by putting pressure on the opposition and as usual we don’t do that

Yeah I feel ya. All good. Let’s hold em here and let the middle of the order do their thing. Eventually these balls are gonna start dropping 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah the game is close, but so was the ND game. Unless the horns wake up and start dealing it won’t matter. 7-2 / 5-2 etc we haven’t done shit. Saying it was bad luck last game is ok there was some luck but two games in a row and it’s a focus thing. This team has the talent to battle and make a deep run, it’s just not happening. 

3 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

We are really good at stranding our players on base! At least we have that going for us. Imagine making the national semifinals last year and coming back hungry to win it all. And you go out like this, 0-2 and cant score runs. Pathetic

That’s what happens a to teams that rely on power to score. We don’t manufacture runs, we depend exclusively on HRs and doubles to score.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

From what I've read in the recent game threads... is there any way Pierce makes it to the 7th inning without being fired?

I have no thoughts about firing him, but this team is tiiiiiiight. That starts at the top.