The University of Texas @ Omaha, Session #38 Official Thread

TrashMaster G

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Jfc Southard hasn’t been extended past 3 innings all year. These guys have limits and we know how fast it can go south with Southard in a hurry.

Yep. And Duplantier is a perfect change of pace there as we just saw. Give him another inning then bring in Olivarez 

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Jfc Southard hasn’t been extended past 3 innings all year. These guys have limits and we know how fast it can go south with Southard in a hurry.

Meh, Southard is seemingly being groomed as a starter, he regularly threw long innings in high school, he’s capable of more than 40 pitches

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

@Fletch the eternal optimist. I envy you. I used to have that never ending hopefulness. Just too much PTSD the last many years. May you never become the cynic I am. 

If everything short of a National Championship is disappointment then you will never enjoy anything. In baseball you just have to enjoy the ride.

Just now, VinyVango said:

Aside from the point it rhymes with “Hispanic”, isn’t the “Titanic” symbolic of bad things … like sinking ships, death, lack of preparedness and disaster?

Why would one want that as a nickname?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hispanic Hindenburg was already taken? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VinyVango said:

Aside from the point it rhymes with “Hispanic”, isn’t the “Titanic” symbolic of bad things … like sinking ships, death, lack of preparedness and disaster?

Why would one want that as a nickname?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know why no one thought of Latino Bambino. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

If everything short of a National Championship is disappointment then you will never enjoy anything. In baseball you just have to enjoy the ride.

Been watching Longhorn baseball for over 45 years, so I've enjoyed the ride for a long time. Don't have to win it all to enjoy it. Loved last year, even though we came up short. What frustrates me is stupid decisions by coaches and players that cost us a game. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1