The University of Texas @ Omaha, Session #38 Official Thread

TrashMaster G

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Been watching Longhorn baseball for over 45 years, so I've enjoyed the ride for a long time. Don't have to win it all to enjoy it. Loved last year, even though we came up short. What frustrates me is stupid decisions by coaches and players that cost us a game. 

And anemic play. I’m with you 100%. The month of may and June has been great to watch. 

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Yeah but our standard should be higher than 2 and BBQ after we were one run away from the national championship last year. This is an abject failure.

This entire forum said it would be a miracle if we made it out of the regional. So no. This is absolutely not a failure and the fucking game isn’t over yet. Fuck guys 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

This entire forum said it would be a miracle if we made it out of the regional. So no. This is absolutely not a failure and the fucking game isn’t over yet. Fuck guys 

I don’t know anyone that has an opinion worth listening to thought it would be a miracle. As soon as the match ups were announced and we were at home I thought texas was Omaha bound. Thought texas State too. 

Just now, troph said:

I don’t know anyone that has an opinion worth listening to thought it would be a miracle. As soon as the match ups were announced and we were at home I thought texas was Omaha bound. Thought texas State too. 

All year multiple posters here said it’d be a miracle to make it out of a regional. Well…

This is a pretty poor performance on those guys in the field/at the plate.

They’ve given us 3 extra outs. Kennedy should have caught that damn pop up that really is the play of the game. The Messinger crappy throw shoulda been caught and tagged screw up.

People don’t want to face the truth, but the offense doesn’t carry us. 42 wins when we give up 5 runs or less. We’ve only won 1 game in which the other team scored 10 runs. That was Air Force who score but their pitching is terrible. We’ve won 5 games when giving up more than 5.

Notre Dame has more losses than us when giving up 10+ runs, and we’ve played a dozen more games.

If everything short of a National Championship is disappointment then you will never enjoy anything. In baseball you just have to enjoy the ride.

There’s a Grand Canyon gap between winning the National Championship and dropping a giant turd. 2021 was an enjoyable ride.

This year looks like we were too short to get on the ride and sneaked in when nobody was looking, pissed our pants and now begging to get off.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, MirrOlure said:

There’s a Grand Canyon gap between winning the National Championship and dropping a giant turd. 2021 was an enjoyable ride.

This year looks like we were too short to get on the ride and sneaked in when nobody was looking, pissed our pants and now begging to get off.

This guy gets it. 

Just now, MirrOlure said:

The game isn’t over yet. We were down 7-2 in the 7th facing elimination….

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Yeah but our standard should be higher than 2 and BBQ after we were one run away from the national championship last year. This is an abject failure.

Agree on standard, but disappointing, not a failure.  Recruiting and aura intangible of the "Played in the majority of the CWSeries" talking point is a huge plus.  People can hate on ESPN all they want, but they have been pumping us the entire playoffs as the Yankees of college baseball.  I'll always take racking up another CWS appearance vs. not making it.  Net program win, even if disappointing.  This team was just too Jekyll and Hyde.  That's just the way it is this year, but will change.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

I just don’t agree with how we manage our pitching staff…

The management isn't the problem. The guys on the mound are the problem. Pete was passable yesterday and Lucas was a trainwreck today. There's no right way to manage starts like that. 

• Hook 'Em 1