The University of Texas @ Omaha, Session #38 Official Thread

TrashMaster G

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

When the pitch has been called a ball the entire game including to the preceding batter then you shouldn’t be chasing it

Pitch to Daly was lower without question. Y’all are acting like Ivan’s wasn’t close. It was. He must have gotten his bat moving. At 1-2 (not 32) it was a brilliant pitch. Ivan had a terrible at bat. He got lucky he wasn’t rung up the pitch before for watching. 

Just now, Porterhouse said:

Pitch to Daly was lower without question. Y’all are acting like Ivan’s wasn’t close. It was. He must have gotten his bat moving. At 1-2 (not 32) it was a brilliant pitch. Ivan had a terrible at bat. He got lucky he wasn’t rung up the pitch before for watching. 

It wasn’t close at all dumbfuck now shut the fuck up

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

This is all wrong 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Lat22 said:

This team showed no fire or emotion in either game. Not sure how that happens in Omaha. 

I’ve never seen a team who is losing a game be high giving and laughing and having a whole bunch of energy.

the “No fire or emotion” argument is so damn overblown. It’s baseball. It’s a damn grind. If you wear your heart on your sleeve you end up like ECU last weekend.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

You’re doing this dumb shit two days in a row 

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

I’ve never seen a team who is losing a game be high giving and laughing and having a whole bunch of energy.

the “No fire or emotion” argument is so damn overblown. It’s baseball. It’s a damn grind. If you wear your heart on your sleeve you end up like ECU last weekend.

And we’ve gotten absolutely no breaks the last 2 games

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Tennessee. That’s why they aren’t here

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Or get laid. Hopefully my lady friends kids go to bed early tonight 

Quick little secret, most women don’t want to fuck smelly, drunky, highy, suicidal dudes. My advice - go shower up, sober up, find something worth doing to change your mind set and then make your move. Don’t go in for sad sack drunky sex. You can thank me later. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Austin Todd the only one that showed up with a bat today (3/4) …He definitely worked on his approach at the plate this year. Gonna miss him. emoji869.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude was way better at the plate than I ever thought he could be.

Edited by hobbes2702

Just now, troph said:

Quick little secret, most women don’t want to fuck smelly, drunky, highy, suicidal dudes. My advice - go shower up, sober up, find something worth doing to change your mind set and then make your move. Don’t go in for sad sack drunky sex. You can thank me later. 

Oh I’ll be fine by then. She always cheers me up 

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Absolutely 100% of this.

10 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I might kill myself 

7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Well definitely don’t do that. Roll another, go hit off the tee and take out some anger

Spit in the Koi pond. They will eat it every time and it is always entertaining 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, troph said:

the dude your opinion GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fletch said:

Yeah we should’ve gone Olivarez instead of duplantier. I can haz Alaniz plz?

Seriously what the fuck? Couldn’t believe we kept bringing in other guys, especially with how much they struggled with Southard and the similarities in those two

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

CWS. It’s all that matters 

I love competitive amateur sports. I think mens college baseball and to a lesser extent women’s volleyball are the two sports still right in the sweet spot. NIL makes it even easier. Texas baseball and second isn’t even close.

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

That proves nothing dumbass 

Daly’s was lower. It doesn’t prove anything other than Ivan should’ve swung. You cannot ever leave it to blue. Terrible at bat. Y’all have fun with your fake enthusiasm and everyone else bitching about blue and not squarely on our vaunted lineup’s listlessness and utter stupidity. 

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Seriously what the fuck? Couldn’t believe we kept bringing in other guys, especially with how much they struggled with Southard and the similarities in those two

I think he was trying to keep everyone of them available for the next game that’s all I can come up with. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Porterhouse said:

Daly’s was lower. It doesn’t prove anything other than Ivan should’ve swung. You cannot ever leave it to blue. Terrible at bat. Y’all have fun with your fake enthusiasm and everyone else bitching about blue and not squarely on our vaunted lineup’s listlessness and utter stupidity. 

No he shouldn’t have. Shut the fuck up

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, troph said:

I love competitive amateur sports. I think mens college baseball and to a lesser extent women’s volleyball are the two sports still right in the sweet spot. NIL makes it even easier. Texas baseball and second isn’t even close.

1 minute ago, ATexanAbroad said:

Don’t go into the directors cup thread then. Those fucks get off to the chess team winning. 

Look I want us to be great in everything but Texas baseball is different. It’s our real tradition. It’s the reason for “We’re Texas” existing. There is no team, in any college sport with the consistent history of excellence that Texas baseball has

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Football is already lost for me, basketball is close, baseball is really the final frontier for amateur athletics and the true meaning of playing for the love of the game

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

You’re a moron. Even if Ivan doesn’t take that pitch he can’t do anything with it because it’s 6 inches off the ground and 4 inches in. Have you ever taken a swing?

• Hook 'Em 1

Another staff management error all year was not pitching Olivarez. He has stuff, throws strikes and has had really good results on the field.
Maybe he got himself in the doghouse for off the field stuff????

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Marcus Olivarez will always be one of the great mysteries when looking back on this year. Wonder what could have happened had he been used more. 

He doesn’t have a year left does he?

I thought he spend 3 years at Lamar but I don’t know if he ever used a covid shirt