The University of Texas @ Omaha, Session #38 Official Thread

TrashMaster G

27 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

Did I actually see one of our hitters go down on three called strikes about the second inning?  That's when I turned it off.  If I am the coach, he's riding away from the stadium on something other than the team bus.

Wasn't working the count and making the pitcher tire out by the fifth inning a Cliff thing?  

What I didn't see was batters changing their approach as the at bat and the game went along.  When you get behind in the count and have two strikes, shorten your approach.  When you are behind four runs, forget about yakking the long ball and get on base.  Big innings come from guys getting themselves on base and being clutch at clutch moments.

• Hook 'Em 4

For those that are new to the game of baseball and tune in for 2 weeks a year: the best team wins maybe 20% of the championships and 2 games don't define seasons/legacy. This is evident by USC winning 12 championships and finishing 2nd zero times. Meanwhile we have 6 championships and 6 2nd place finishes. It's all about luck and matchups in June. 

Edited by Sir Ulrich
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Both those guys have way better stuff than Simmons had. His one year dominance is legit really strange.

It's been a looong time, but I seem to recall Simmons' curve ball being extraordinarily wicked in that 2002 season.  Pretty much like nothing I have seen since.  But he was kind of a one-pitch dude and it was never that sharp again.

3 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Took L. But fuck it 

887DFB45-896F-41EC-8B58-AFC1194F5D36.jpeg

F9708895-627B-4445-AC3D-4420FBB45AC4.jpeg

3C0AC8BF-D9A2-4274-9719-806C6E5C22AD.jpeg

Ah, yes. Wine, Skittles, & Gatorade.

Trynna make sense of what I'm seeing there in the lower left, but I can't quite get my brain around it.

Edited by wood

Did I actually see one of our hitters go down on three called strikes about the second inning?  That's when I turned it off.  If I am the coach, he's riding away from the stadium on something other than the team bus.

Are you for real or is my sarcasm
Meter off? If serious , you are a tremendous idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's been a looong time, but I seem to recall Simmons' curve ball being extraordinarily wicked in that 2002 season.  Pretty much like nothing I have seen since.  But he was kind of a one-pitch dude and it was never that sharp again.

I thought it was a change but I could be remembering incorrectly

• Like 1

Pierce is a Will Bednar miracle performance from being a national champion in 2021. See how that works? Stop complaining about the most successful big 3 coach we currently have and let him break through 
Exactly, I was there. Dude was throwing smoke. One hit just a bit here or there and we advance. It was so fucking close and just a masterful performance for the bad guys. Omaha is a hard place to win.

Baseball is a weird game. As others said, get to Omaha, then see what happens. By March, no one on this board expected us to win it all. I was pleased just getting out of the Supers. Sure losing to Aggie sucks shit, but hat tip, they whooped our ass for 9 innings.

Hoping they crow and brag and that today was the high water mark for that program for the next decade or more. They do have shit going, which sucks, but they find a way to revert to mean.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Simmons was deadly accurate. He placed the ball wherever he wanted whenever he wanted. And he kept the ball down.
  • Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Well, look on the bright side.

By losing to the pederasts and sheep fuckers, that means we didn't have to lose to the sister fuckers.

I'd 100% rather lose to OU than aggy. We'll never live this shit down. How long has it been since their last CWS win? Well they got it now. At our expense. Not only that, they eliminated us from the tournament. Worse case scenario. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I'd 100% rather lose to OU than aggy. We'll never live this shit down. How long has it been since their last CWS win? Well they got it now. At our expense. Not only that, they eliminated us from the tournament. Worse case scenario. 

My life has become so much better since I’ve stopped caring what they say.

Today was the biggest moment in the history of their baseball program, lulz

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I thought it was a change but I could be remembering incorrectly

Could have been but it was extraordinary, to my recollection.  Much less so in 03.

But yeah, as far as being better-rounded pitchers than Simmons, I probably have to agree.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

My life has become so much better since I’ve stopped caring what they say.

Today was the biggest moment in the history of their baseball program, lulz

and today topped what moment for them? walking us off twice in one day in 1989 regular season? Some program you got their aggy

15 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I listened to Craig on the drive from my parents house in Gainesville until my stop for the day in Albuquerque.

So we lost—to aggy—at the CWS—to send us home. It’s not that big of a deal.

and here’s why…

I learned years ago that beating Texas in anything is the aggy wet dream. It’s their life, their everything. Texas, on the other hand, wins championships. That’s what makes us jumpier than a virgin at a prison rodeo.

I started my “Pancho reply” to aggy about a decade ago anytime they crow to me that they beat us in something: “and yet still no National Championships.”

aggy has never won a NC in baseball.

aggy has never made it past the S16 in basketball.

aggy hasn’t won a football title in 83 years.

so we lost to them today and I, like most of you, got throw it in your face texts from aggy friends. My reply: “congrats…and yet still no national championships.”

their reply, like always: *silence*

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yep.   I don’t even want to guess how many times I’ve been tagged on my FB feed from aggy alums and fans rubbing in.  Probably much more from when after our meltdown last October against OU I posted Aggy was next to get mud holed. But Bama decided to play like shit and then I got a second round whoops and whatever dogshit aggys like to post after they win. 

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I listened to Craig on the drive from my parents house in Gainesville until my stop for the day in Albuquerque.

So we lost—to aggy—at the CWS—to send us home. It’s not that big of a deal.

and here’s why…

I learned years ago that beating Texas in anything is the aggy wet dream. It’s their life, their everything. Texas, on the other hand, wins championships. That’s what makes us jumpier than a virgin at a prison rodeo.

I started my “Pancho reply” to aggy about a decade ago anytime they crow to me that they beat us in something: “and yet still no National Championships.”

aggy has never won a NC in baseball.

aggy has never made it past the S16 in basketball.

aggy hasn’t won a football title in 83 years.

so we lost to them today and I, like most of you, got throw it in your face texts from aggy friends. My reply: “congrats…and yet still no national championships.”

their reply, like always: *silence*

You could always go with congrats on winning your third game in 76 years…the same number we won at Omaha  last year. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I had to remind a aggy neighbor 10 min ago that they were 3-13 in Omaha (program history) and we won three games last year alone.

The way our last half of the regular season went, I truly didn’t even think we’d make it to Omaha. So IMO, we were playing with “house money” just being in Omaha! Remember that it wasn’t long ago that we’ve had “better teams” that didn’t even make it there.

It’s tough to win once one makes it to Omaha. We’ve only won 6/38 trips. Think about all the great teams that went there, but left empty handed. Enough said - great season!

Hook’em!

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

For those that are new to the game of baseball and tune in for 2 weeks a year: the best team wins maybe 20% of the championships and 2 games don't define seasons/legacy. This is evident by USC winning 12 championships and finishing 2nd zero times. Meanwhile we have 6 championships and 6 2nd place finishes. It's all about luck and matchups in June. 

How the ‘04 team didn’t win it all but the 05 team did after losing all our starting pitchers, Thigpen and a few others is beyond me. Then of course 09 was a cunt hair away while the 2010 team was better and….yeah. We’ll be back in Omaha next year. Pierce has us reloading 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Giving too much shit about a loss to aggy....in baseball no less (a sport where the best MLB teams of all time lost 1 out of every 3 days) is so...aggy.

Does it suck to be eliminated, yea.  But honestly somebody was going to do it to us unless we win it all and unless they all of a sudden go to the next 15 CWS in a row, start winning championships etc aggy is always gonna pump up these wins against us.  

I hated being eliminated from the opportunity to win a 7th NC in baseball a LOT more than I cared about who did it.  It sucked last year, it sucks this year.  

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Fortunately the only Aggy where I live have graduate degrees and jobs. I'm guessing those aren't the Aggy you're dealing with.

I only deal with one as well as a (cloak room warning) a full blown right wing extremist. It’s nice in the sense that I know what my enemies are thinking. But it sounds like you need to move. And honestly fuck you dude. You didn’t do your part this postseason 

15 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Herman syndrome. Not comparing pierce to herman but you have to continue to look to upgrade.

We need to bring in Alaniz. And lobo said David Freese is gonna get involved in the program. Wish Huston was still a student assistant but he’s coaching his kids right now. Speaking of which, Hustons kids are going to be studs here in about 5 years

Pretty disappointed in the amount of Texas fans in attendance this year. I get that we've been there 38 times but, man, it's brutal when you are outnumbered x3 in the stands. 

+1. I’m Here in Omaha. Think it was more like 8-1. I get that they hardly ever make it to the cws and any chance to be remotely relevant , they are gonna take it.

But our fan showing was extremely disappointing. Hook ‘em

• Hook 'Em 1

Hard to be mad about a season that ends in Omaha, but that sucked shit through a straw. 

I feels ya. But I’d rather gata lose to Coastal Carolina in a regional than go 0-2 & BBQ from Georgia and FSU in the CWS.

I would break shit and punch my nuts. I was at the WWII Museum - surprise Father’s Day thingy, so did not watch the game. I am now home and sympathy drinking.

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/CYXOliWGLMQ?feature=oembed

Unreal. Who cares what a team that just won their third game in cws history says? Caring or acknowledging what those jackoffs think or say just gives them what they desperately crave. Relevance . Which they simply don’t have.

I’m here in Omaha this week. Their fan base is literally socially inept. All other fanbases here having a good time interacting socializing etc. and they hang in their little cult pack and throw a lot of horns down and then run back to their group. It’s freaking bizarre. Every single sec fan I’ve met has commented on what a bunch of weirdos the agroids are.

They Are, and always will be, a second rate bunch of wannabes that can’t sniff our jocks in athletics history.

And don’t get me started on their academics in which they are rapidly becoming a solid juco.

You are a longhorn man. Don’t waste your time or energy on those yokels. Head high and
Hook ‘em.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

No, no and no.

The game plan has been fine the last two games. Plenty of traffic on the bases and balls hit right at dudes. We’ve put guys in position to do damage and it just hasn’t happened. Look at the number of base runners left on base.

The “happy to be here” shit is so tiring. This team is filled with dudes who were on the doorstep of winning it all last year. It’s baseball. You can get beat with a good game plan. The other team can get a few more breaks and send you home. It happens. This team hasn’t mailed it in or quit all year so saying they are just happy to be here and not locked in is just not true.

Why play the games then if it's all just a giant slot machine. 

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, wood said:

Ah, yes. Wine, Skittles, & Gatorade.

Trynna make sense of what I'm seeing there in the lower left, but I can't quite get my brain around it.

Chick with crossed right leg.  Pillow on her lap.  Arm on the pillow, Her right wrist and bracelet in the pic.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Chick with crossed right leg.  Pillow on her lap.  Arm on the pillow, Her right wrist and bracelet in the pic.

Sounds like you got it figgered. I thought it was something like that, but I couldn't quite put it all together. My first instinct was that there was something sexual going on, this being the surl & all, & me being a filthy bastard.

3 hours ago, Intruder said:

What I didn't see was batters changing their approach as the at bat and the game went along.  When you get behind in the count and have two strikes, shorten your approach.  When you are behind four runs, forget about yakking the long ball and get on base.  Big innings come from guys getting themselves on base and being clutch at clutch moments.

pierce doesn't teach this at all. everyone pretty much swings the same way regardless of count.

• Rage+1 1

Fuck aggy.  

We'll win our 7th national championship before they win their 7th total game in Omaha.

All they have in their entire athletic history is these occasional Buster Douglas moments against us.

Make a commemorative cup out of it, you fucking losers.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, wood said:

Sounds like you got it figgered. I thought it was something like that, but I couldn't quite put it all together. My first instinct was that there was something sexual going on, this being the surl & all, & me being a filthy bastard.

I mean there could be sex.  Her left leg could be propped behind her head and some dude's/chick's head could be under that pillow.