The University of Texas @ Omaha, Session #38 Official Thread

TrashMaster G

1 minute ago, troph said:

We definitely need to play with the confidence we saw in game three of the ECU series. First inning by the time Ivan stepped into the batters box it was clear Texas was confident. We need confident focused energy. Don’t know if we started with it or not tonight but the way the breaks fell we certainly didn’t finish with it. But it’s entirely the difference maker at this point.  

We always play best with our backs against the walls. Y’all chill. We got this 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

I mean, it would be embarrassing.  As fuck.

It would be but fuck. A month ago most of this board didn’t think we’d make it out of a regional so you know. But it doesn’t matter. We’re kicking the shit out of em, work our way through the losers bracket and win it all 

13 minutes ago, troph said:

We definitely need to play with the confidence we saw in game three of the ECU series. First inning by the time Ivan stepped into the batters box it was clear Texas was confident. We need confident focused energy. Don’t know if we started with it or not tonight but the way the breaks fell we certainly didn’t finish with it. But it’s entirely the difference maker at this point.  

I think Pete giving up the shot hurt the confidence a lot tbh. HRs have been his biggest problem all year it seemed to put a little pressure on the offense. We missed some pitches that are normally money for us but we still hit the ball hard. We needed a spark from something. Just one big moment to get something started and never could quite get there.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Helobious said:

Aggy sending us home and going 0-2 in Omaha would be nothing short of humiliating. We had I believe the 2nd or 3rd highest odds of winning the whole thing going in. 

They’re also the top seed remaining. They’re a salty team. But again. Doesn’t matter. We’re fucking them up 

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Aggy sending us home and going 0-2 in Omaha would be nothing short of humiliating. We had I believe the 2nd or 3rd highest odds of winning the whole thing going in. 

Jesus Christ there is nothing humiliating about making it to the damn College World Series. 

Separate your hatred for the school from the body of work for this season.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I think Pete giving up the shot hurt the confidence a lot tbh. HRs have been his biggest problem all year it seemed to put a little pressure on the offense. We missed some pitches that are normally money for us but we still the ball hard. We needed a spark from something. Just one big moment to get something started and never could quite get there.

no doubt it hurt, he was dealing albeit less than a full inning when that happened. it's funny to listen to fans talk about the game, the psychology of it all is so delicate and the trick of finding confidence when you lose it in the middle of a game or match is the million dollar task. those that can recover quickly and refocus, find that again make millions and win championships, those of us who can't find it or refind it quickly sit on the couch as spectators and drink beer, or rose as the case may be.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Jesus Christ there is nothing humiliating about making it to the damn College World Series. 

Separate your hatred for the school from the body of work for this season.

Yea it would fucking suck but humiliating ain’t close to the way I would describe it. They’d still be aggy. We still wouldn’t.

I will be interested to see what our bats look like against their pitching. They might have the worst pitching and defense combo of any team here. If we can’t score a few on them then we just aren’t good enough. I tend to think our bats turn it back on. We haven’t had many back to back games where we struggled to score

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

I think texas has gone 0-2 twice and until 2000 it had never happened (that's all from memory so I could be wrong but not by much).  Texas going 0-2 is something less than embarrassing but doesn't matter what you call it, we don't do it, we don't make a habit of it, and it's a thing we really kind of frown our nose at so let's just not do it this year, okay?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yea it would fucking suck but humiliating ain’t close to the way I would describe it. They’d still be aggy. We still wouldn’t.

I will be interested to see what our bats look like against their pitching. They might have the worst pitching and defense combo of any team here. If we can’t score a few on them then we just aren’t good enough. I tend to think our bats turn it back on. We haven’t had many back to back games where we struggled to score

We pounded them in our game this season, they jusy pounded us more.

But neither team was pitching their weekend guys.

7 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

If Pierce loses on Sunday he can stay in fucking Omaha.

7 hours ago, markstanco said:

2nq against aggy would be so embarrassing.

7 hours ago, austintiger said:

You are never winning a championship with pierce. He is just good enough to not get fired. Can't recruit for shit either. 

He is a good coach..just not great.

7 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

To be fair, the offensive development really took off once Tulo came on board. Tulo is also the primary driving force behind the Cali recruiting and the only reason Messinger is here right now. Pierce's baby is also a shitshow this season.

Hot Shots Idiot GIF

• Hook 'Em 3

58 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

Fuck these curtains that won't close all the way...is the sun brighter in Nebraska or something.  Fuck it, I'm going to start drinking for tomorrow's game now.

Pro tip. Grab the hangar out of the closet with the pant clips on it....use it to clamp the curtains closed. Fuck Nebraska sunlight. You're welcome. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

That does seem to be the one true thing about this team.  Otherwise, I can't figure them out and can never guess what we're gonna get. 

We’re gonna be just fine. We’ll be playing in the semis on Wednesday 

Hot teams coming into the cws always seem to win it. I’m not sure why I expected us to win. This team is so weird and has me feeling ragey like I was after the ecu game 1 loss. So let’s hope they come back hard like they did last weekend. Fuck aggy. Let’s send those pussies home in a blowout.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Hot teams coming into the cws always seem to win it. I’m not sure why I expected us to win. This team is so weird and has me feeling ragey like I was after the ecu game 1 loss. So let’s hope they come back hard like they did last weekend. Fuck aggy. Let’s send those pussies home in a blowout.

We’ll be fine. Gordon will shut down aggy then we’ll committee it till Pete can start again 

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Texas is going to go the way of last year. We are going to beat Aggy. Then we will eliminate Okie. And then we will take a very tight game from Notre Dame. And then the final game against Notre Dame will be the test if we are able to overcome our Mississippi State demons. 

And we will. This team is on a mission from god 

Edited by Fletch

Even in the face of trying to navigate through the losers bracket with no reliable arms . . .
802014075_Iwanttobelieve.jpg.5927e658a146ba1917902acc4afd4d9b.jpg

We do have our best, most consistent pitcher ready to go next game. 2nd best ERA of all qualifiers that are actually in the CWS behind only a Stanford dude.

Then for one of the other loser bracket games we’ve got Stevens. Hansen can come back but objectively he’s not very reliable right now.

The losers bracket is never ideal, but we’re as capable as anyone of coming through it. The offense must produce at a high level. Some quick start offense would be nice too.

Why are we wanting to fire a coach that has made 3 of 4 CWS and had us 1 hit from a national championship last year? 

This is all after getting depleted by the Covid draft or we would have some pretty salty arms right now. In spite of that we still got to Omaha and are very capable of winning the next 4 games with these bats.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, Fletch said:

We’ll be fine. Gordon will shut down aggy then we’ll committee it till Pete can start again 

I think the book may be out on Pete some. He throws so many fastballs,  which is another one of the weird pitching decisions considering how dominant his other pitchers are, teams have started working longer counts and waiting for him to elevate something. Leave the off speed stuff alone and hope he misses a few times a game.

Edited by hobbes2702

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I think the book may be out on Pete some. He throws so many fastballs,  which is another one of the weird pitching decisions considering how dominant his other pitchers are, teams have started working longer counts and waiting for him to elevate something. Leave the off speed stuff alone and hope he misses a few times a game.

True. He did ok last night. He needs to keep the ball down and let our fielders go to work

3 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Why are we wanting to fire a coach that has made 3 of 4 CWS and had us 1 hit from a national championship last year? 

This is all after getting depleted by the Covid draft or we would have some pretty salty arms right now. In spite of that we still got to Omaha and are very capable of winning the next 4 games with these bats.

Only a few idiots are actually wanting to fire him. The rest of us appreciate how damn hard it is to get Omaha 3 times in 5 full seasons.

Of course we are realize that this is the year to do it because we are losing so much, but I would much rather be in this spot than bowing out in a regional but talking about how many guys we have returning.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Only a few idiots are actually wanting to fire him. The rest of us appreciate how damn hard it is to get Omaha 3 times in 5 full seasons.

Of course we are realize that this is the year to do it because we are losing so much, but I would much rather be in this spot than bowing out in a regional but talking about how many guys we have returning.

Especially after losing Witt, Nixon and stevens losing their shit and Kennedy out for stretches. A lot of the dumbasses here said we’d be lucky to make it out of a regional. Well here we are with a good shot at winning a national championship….

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Fletch said:

True. He did ok last night. He needs to keep the ball down and let our fielders go to work

Yep, he was working waaaaaaay too high in the zone.  I was hoping that ump wouldn’t give him the high strikes, but alas…

9 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I’d fire him from 3rd base coaching, but keep him for the rest.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

We're aware it's not likely, you moronic idiot. But we're fans. We love this team and this program that we want to see it happen. 

It probably won't happen and if it doesn't, well that sucks, but hey 300 teams fail to win the college world series every year. We'll be back for next season. But if we somehow do it will be legendary and I want to see it.

But Fletch and I and these other guys have been here following this team since the draft last year, since fall ball, since the alumni game. We fucking know who this team is. We know what is likely. 

We know we don't have reliable arms. But we know they are capable. It's possible but unlikely but we are just along for the ride. Let's see what happens.

But I already feel like me and Fletch and the other fans are vindicated. You fucks have been talking shit and acting like assholes all year and this team is going to finish 7th in the country at worst. When was the last time football or men's basketball finished top 8? For this program it was last year when we were 3rd. So take that and fuck you.

Now let's go watch them send A&M home.

We aren’t losing to aggy today.

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

We're aware it's not likely, you moronic idiot. But we're fans. We love this team and this program that we want to see it happen. 

It probably won't happen and if it doesn't, well that sucks, but hey 300 teams fail to win the college world series every year. We'll be back for next season. But if we somehow do it will be legendary and I want to see it.

But Fletch and I and these other guys have been here following this team since the draft last year, since fall ball, since the alumni game. We fucking know who this team is. We know what is likely. 

We know we don't have reliable arms. But we know they are capable. It's possible but unlikely but we are just along for the ride. Let's see what happens.

But I already feel like me and Fletch and the other fans are vindicated. You fucks have been talking shit and acting like assholes all year and this team is going to finish 7th in the country at worst. When was the last time football or men's basketball finished top 8? For this program it was last year when we were 3rd. So take that and fuck you.

Now let's go watch them send A&M home.

Not only this season but we’ve followed every fucking game of the Pierce era. Yeah. We may know what we’re talking about 

• Hook 'Em 2