The Old Man/Jeff Bridges

Nicole44

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Episode 7 is the season finale? What in the f***?!

it is addressed in one of the articles posted on the previous page but it was supposed to be 10 episodes and they shortened it due to bridges getting cancer and almost dying of covid. I think it said when he came back they just shot episode 7 and called it a season because they didn't want to push him too much.

• Hook 'Em 1

So I guess, at least, we did establish by implication that Hamzad didn't know where the ore deposit was.

If Johnny/Dan and [forgot real name/Abbey took off after he demanded to know, then clearly they didn't tell him.  No idea who else knew about it.

I figured that was Hamzad's motive for getting Dan back to him.  Revenge for wife/kid stealing would just be gravy.

Unless somebody else on their side new where it was and he found it quickly.  So I have no idea.

On 7/23/2022 at 9:44 AM, RPM said:

Helluva cliffhanger, huh? Haven't read the book but I think there's more chapters.

Not really. Was anyone truly surprised? I'm bad at predicting stuff and saw that one coming for weeks.  Also felt like a cheat playing "hide the daughter" in every flashback scene.

This show is horrible. I wanted to bad to like it, and thought it would be in my wheelhouse, Rotties, Bridges, spy/badassery. 

The daughter angle is terrible, the flashbacks are terrible, the hostage/wife is terrible. Not sure if they rushed it, or what is going on but they failed. 

If it would have just been bridges and Lithgow and some action they could have saved it, but the storylines that are hanging around the edges are just so bad, and the wife is awful. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Juicy said:

This show is horrible. I wanted to bad to like it, and thought it would be in my wheelhouse, Rotties, Bridges, spy/badassery. 

The daughter angle is terrible, the flashbacks are terrible, the hostage/wife is terrible. Not sure if they rushed it, or what is going on but they failed. 

If it would have just been bridges and Lithgow and some action they could have saved it, but the storylines that are hanging around the edges are just so bad, and the wife is awful. 

What Ever GIF by Newcastle University

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

girls-watchinggame.gif

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Juicy said:

But otherwise, it's pretty good, agreed?

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/27/2022 at 9:07 AM, Wally Fairway said:

Wait ..... wut?
I just binged this thing starting Sunday, and you are telling me that is it for season 1...........furk #*@
Is there a season 2???
Guess I'll just read the book, I'm not waiting a year to see if the release season 2

I am about 3/4 through the book - don't worry, even if I told you the details of the story and how it ends it will not affect what you know about the video series.
Some of the same characters, some of the same places.....but not the same story at all.

Now you can get back to Juicy's misogynistic commentary
So far the daughter is a very minor character, so you might like the book ... Zoe is the only really developed female there

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Just finished season 1 and thought just meh.  Poor Jeff Bridges, you could tell he was gasping for air in some scenes probably from post Covid.  Lithglow was great and Amy Brenneman played same character she always does.  Don’t know why but kept waiting for Joel Grey to drop his paints to show he’s wearing garter belts and belt out Cabaret.

• 6 months later...

I read that they have 4 1/2 episodes of season 2 done, but like everything else, it's on hold now.  I went back and watched season 1 this week just so I could see the dogs again.  I got pissed about the delay and got halfway through the book last night.  The book is a completely different story and the dogs are a lab/poodle/unknown mix which I actually like better than the ones in the show.

• 5 months later...